Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Saw this posted on the Blazers forum.

Link

Mavericks Notes
Blazers' Wells gives Nowitzki the bold shoulder
By Dwain Price
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS -The intimidation by the trash-talking Portland Trail Blazers started with a subtle bump Monday.

As Dirk Nowitzki was surrounded by members of the media while doing interviews after practice, Blazers guard Bonzi Wells moved through the media horde, bumping into media members along the way and intentionally bumping into Nowitzki as well. As he went by Nowitzki, Wells said: "Bet you won't get 50 the next time."

Nowitzki, who scored 46 points in Saturday's 96-86 Game 1 victory, apparently didn't hear the comment, as he kept on doing his interview. But the move by Wells was clearly calculated.

The Blazers practiced on the American Airlines Center main floor right after the Mavericks, which is why Wells was able to get so close to Nowitzki. However, the potential for an ugly confrontation occurring before Game 2 will be alleviated today as the Mavericks will practice at AAC during the same time the Blazers will be practicing at the Tom Landry Center.

The rest of the Blazers chose to politely walk around where Nowitzki was standing Monday. Wells, though, chose to create another near asinine situation for a Blazers team that has had more than its share of problems this season.

Many Mavericks players know that the Blazers outwardly do not respect them. Before Game 1, guard Michael Finley even said he didn't respect the Blazers, and that the only team that should command respect are the three-time defending NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers.

"We never really cared what other teams thought about us the whole year," Nowitzki said.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Who knows what if anything Dirk will think of this, but if I am Bonzi do I really want to do something that might get Dirk pissed.

After all he just dropped 46 on them the other night.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 01:53 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Just read that and was about to post it but you beat me.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:59 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

As long as Bonzi looks cool and acts like a badass, it doesn't matter if his team wins or loses. Don't you people know anything?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:08 PM   #5
bounce

bounce is on a distinguished road

Is that really something to pride yourself on? Holding a guy under 50? Talk crap if you hold him under 20.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:19 PM   #6
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Anyone know what time the Mavs' workout is today? The Tom Landry Center is my gym. Ooooh... too bad I'm totally non-violent and uncreative...
Old 04-22-2003, 02:21 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I'm betting Bonsai don't get no 50 neither, and then I wanna hear what a great defender Dirk is.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:27 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

A team like that is condemned to fail.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:37 PM   #9
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

<< Anyone know what time the Mavs' workout is today? The Tom Landry Center is my gym. Ooooh... too bad I'm totally non-violent and uncreative... >>

Since the Blazers train in Tom Landry, you might be able to drop a bottle of super-powered laxative into their cooler.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:38 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Actually it would be great news if the whole Jail Blazer team would refuse to respect Dirk. We can only hope.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:39 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that Dirk is intimidated by Bonzi &quot;I look like I'm 15&quot; Wells. Also, Bonzi must not be very good with math. Dirk didn't score 50 the first time. And he's right. Dirk will probably only score in the 40's again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 02:40 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

<< Anyone know what time the Mavs' workout is today? The Tom Landry Center is my gym. Ooooh... too bad I'm totally non-violent and uncreative... >>

Since the Blazers train in Tom Landry, you might be able to drop a bottle of super-powered laxative into their cooler.
>>

Naw don't go to that much trouble. Just wait till their practiciing and call the police and tell them you thing you smelled some marijuana. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 02:42 PM   #13
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i bet Cheeks told him to do that or something,thinking Dirk has a Weak charecter and that would affect his game.

Bonsai!good one mavskiki.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:48 PM   #14
LRB
Guru

<< i bet Cheeks told him to do that or something,thinking Dirk has a Weak charecter and that would affect his game.

>>

Cheeks is probably ripping Bonzi a new one right now. If you're going to talk the talk you better damn well walk the walk. So far Bonzi hasn't come close to walking the walk. But Bonzi has never been accused of being smart.

Bonzi = dumbass.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:01 PM   #15
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

<<

<< i bet Cheeks told him to do that or something,thinking Dirk has a Weak charecter and that would affect his game.

>>

Cheeks is probably ripping Bonzi a new one right now. If you're going to talk the talk you better damn well walk the walk. So far Bonzi hasn't come close to walking the walk. But Bonzi has never been accused of being smart.

Bonzi = dumbass.
>>

Cheeks is probably really letting him have it, come on man lets be serious here. If he really thought he would be disciplined for it then he would not have done it. I hope they continue to piss Dirk off, he is obviously not going to smack anyone around so might as well drop 40 on them and steal some of there police blotter air time on ESPN they so crave.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:09 PM   #16
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

I'm willing to bet that Bonzi pushes around Dirk a little more this game than last. Hopefully Dirk responds well.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:10 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

<< I'm willing to bet that Bonzi pushes around Dirk a little more this game than last. Hopefully Dirk responds well. >>

Hopefully Bonzi set a new record for least minutes played to foul out in a playoff game.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:11 PM   #18
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

watch wat we say though.. Bonzi is trying to intimidate dirk.. Bonzi does have the skill to blow up on wednesday and pop 30 soo we have to be careful.. They have the us against the world type of mentality...
Old 04-22-2003, 04:23 PM   #19
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Yah Bonzi can get on a role when he wants too, but I'm not as scared of his offensive firepower as I am of his thuggishness. Bonzi is a roughneck and has been the ringleader behind the Blazers' collective slagging of The Mavs these last few seasons. It's times like these I wish The Mavs had a roughneck to push back on him.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:29 PM   #20
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Bonzi scary right. The guy is maybe 6ft 5&quot; . Finley said it best &quot;it doesn't matter if they don't respect us, we don't either. They want to destroy us and we want to destroy them.&quot; Something like only the champs deserve our respect.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:43 PM   #21
Epitome22
Golden Member

Well 6'5 is no slouch and regardless of his height the man is a thug. Not a Kenyon Martin caliber thug but a thug none the less. His shoulders are huge. It would be really funny if The Mavs could borrow Danny Ferry for this series. Not because Ferry is any good, but he and Wells have alot of history.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:17 PM   #22
Kevink00012

Kevink00012 is on a distinguished road

Who is Bonzi to say that to Dirk. Oh well, I'll have fun watching him try and back it up.
Kevink00012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 05:57 PM   #23
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I just know they will try to hurt Dirk. The league should suspend Wells for saying that.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:43 PM   #24
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

suspend him for saying that?! hahahaha BOnzi could say whatever he wants.. neither player has a ring.. Im glad this happened and I hope it gets more heated soo if we win this series we will be more prepared mentally and physically for sac..
Old 04-22-2003, 06:45 PM   #25
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

You people think it's all talk until Dirk gets injured and is unable to play.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:44 PM   #26
LRB
Guru

I'm sure copies of little Bonzi's quotes will be made available well in advance to tomorrow night's officials by the Mavs. The Blazers don't have the most stellar of reputations with the refs as it is.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:10 PM   #27
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

No Blazers at the gym tonight; they were there earlier. Damn. My timing's always off.

Evidently, Pippen didn't practice and swam instead to help rehabilitate his knee.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:22 PM   #28
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< The league should suspend Wells for saying that. >>

For saying Dirk won't get 50? Talk about overreaction. So if I tell Bonzi he won't get 50, should he call for a restraining order?
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:34 PM   #29
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< As he went by Nowitzki, Wells said: &quot;Bet you won't get 50 the next time.&quot; >>

Dirk would get 50 if Bonzi tried to defend him.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 12:09 AM   #30
Epitome22
Golden Member

If there is a god somewhere up there then Dirk should score 60 points tomorrow night. God what I wouldn't trade afterwards to see Dirk say to Bonzi &quot;You were right, I didn't score 50&quot;
Old 04-23-2003, 07:56 AM   #31
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

The Tom Landry Center, a long range pelt gun, and my moms mini van. Who is in?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #32
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

Can you pick me up??? I'm right off of Main street... in Buffalo, NY.
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote