Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cowboys kicking situation

Will Vandy take the first kickoff against the Bucs?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

That's a very valid question. He missed two very makeable kicks that could have cost the Cowboys the game.

How long of a leash does he have?

My bet is that he's out there next week, but one more performance like that will have him riding the pine (and out of town next year).
Old 11-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Suisham can hit them into the end zone, and can miss them at least as well as Vanderjagt. Why not?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

How about that grammitca dude?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

He definitely affected how Parcells coached the game. There’s no way you go five wide on 3rd and 7 if you trust your kicker. Fortunately, Romo is money.

That being said, I don’t think you can do anything this year. As bas as Vandy’s looked at times, I still feel better with him out there than I do Suisham. It might be different if Morton Anderson was still out there but as it stands, I stay with what we have and keep my fingers crossed.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Is Rafeal still in jail for child molestation? He would have been better choice today..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
He definitely affected how Parcells coached the game. There’s no way you go five wide on 3rd and 7 if you trust your kicker. Fortunately, Romo is money.

That being said, I don’t think you can do anything this year. As bas as Vandy’s looked at times, I still feel better with him out there than I do Suisham. It might be different if Morton Anderson was still out there but as it stands, I stay with what we have and keep my fingers crossed.
I take Suisham. He can miss two FG's as well as Vandy can, but he can give you better kickoffs.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Parcells does the same thing in the third and 7 situation regardless of who the kicker is assuming the game is still the same score.

With that being said, Vanderyacht sucked ass today. Another game like that here in the next couple of weeks and he might have to pack a suitcase and get on out of town.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I can't defend a guy that misses two very makable field goals today, but I will say that prior to today he has been very good overall. His percentage has been better than we have had around here for a long time. Maybe the whole "Indy Factor" played a role in his brain farts, but I doubt it. He has been right all year and both were very close. Damn, just keep him on the left mark for every kick from here on out!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-19-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:51 PM   #10
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

If anybody is listening to the ticket, people are ripping jackoff on every call.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #11
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked Cundiff.... and I have his rookie season autograph!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:24 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
If anybody is listening to the ticket, people are ripping jackoff on every call.
I had no idea that they knew who you were. Interesting.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 AM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I take Suisham. He can miss two FG's as well as Vandy can, but he can give you better kickoffs.
Let's not make Suishman out to be Jason Elam. Remember, he was cut after a day of poor kickoffs against Washington.

I'd rather have Vinateiri but if the choice it Vanderjagt or Suishman, give me the the guy that's done it.

Last edited by dirno2000; 11-20-2006 at 03:14 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #14
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I hate G-KOAT as much as the next guy, but I would much rather rely on the headcase than some shaky unproven guy.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #15
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

man, vander-off is choking....he's like a golfer with the shanks......

I doubt the 'boys could do better....not now, anyhow....

enjoy the ride, I suppose.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:37 PM   #16
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

suisham is playing for another team right now, if i recall correctly.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

Nope, he's still looking for a job.

If Vandyshank has another bad game, my money is on Cundiff. He was pretty damn good here, on occasion. And he remains the kicker who has missed the fewest kicks over the course of an NFL season under Parcells.

If a change happens, he's the guy.