Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
TheFlyingGooseman

TheFlyingGooseman is on a distinguished road
Default Very deep thoughts

We should use van horn less next year so his stats will look ugly so we can sign him cheap when he is free.
TheFlyingGooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Very deep thoughts

How 'bout we say Dirk is injured all season, bomb it, and get the #1 pick ala San Antonio.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Very deep thoughts

Deep Thoughts:

If they ever come up with a swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what is I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then you could keep both Dracula AND Superman away.

He was a cowboy, mister, and he loved the land. He loved it so much he made a woman out of dirt and married her. But when he kissed her, she disintegrated. Later, at the funeral, when the preacher said, "Dust to dust," some people laughed, and the cowboy shot them. At his hanging, he told the others, "I'll be waiting for you in heaven--with a gun."
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

If you're a tightrope walker, I bet one thing that really makes you mad is if you're walking on your rope and something goes flying by, and then later on you find out you were almost hit by the human Cannonball.

When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, ummmmm boy.

I think a good saying to remember, in case you ever get shot by a flaming arrow is, "Deal with the flame, then with the pain."
Old 07-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
How 'bout we say Dirk is injured all season, bomb it, and get the #1 pick ala San Antonio.
Now that is deep. The problem is, i think we can win 40 games without dirk. We are too deep and talanted. BUMMER.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #6
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road

I have a deeper thought, and i have been touting this idea so much that i even got cut off on chuck cooperstein's show just to say this. F-ing max out Dj Mbenga and DECLARE him to the fans that this man is the new cornerstone of the franchise at point guard and center!!! aejnafnfae!!!!
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:46 AM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins the most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong, though. It's Hambone.

If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

As the evening sky faded from a salmon color to a sort of flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and how gray he was, and how I named him Flint.

The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

If you are caught outside during a hurricane, and you need to grab onto a tree trunk, try to find a cork tree. (They're softer, and will better absorb involuntary head butts.) If you cannot find a cork tree, stretch out your arms and try to fly away.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:31 AM   #8
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

LOOOOL, now that is some deep shit.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #9
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Some deep thoughts:

Maybe we could play Van horn more than Dirk next season and his stats will be so good that Minny will trade KG for KVH.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:57 AM   #10
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

here is a deep thought why dont we just loose all of are games [img]i/expressions/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 01:49 AM   #11
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

deep thought again(man, I am getting good at this):
Bench Dirk for the entire season and bring him in an elimination game in the playoffs. This will throw the opposing coaches offguard and we will win a championship.

More thoughts on the way.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:38 AM   #12
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

deleted... cause I am the suck.

just thought of one...

Holger said, "And that's your last lesson, son. I believe you are ready." Dirk, in astonishment exclaimed, "You're kidding right!? You mean to tell me that you were just making up stuff the whole time?!"

and another one...

what does it tell you about a man when on a Friday night in LA, he's posting his deepest thoughts on a Dallas Mavericks message board?.... hmmmmmmmm

last one... I promise.

if money is a root of all evil

then money squared is evil

if time is money

and women cost time and money

then what are women?

JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #13
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #14
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Nice.. I should have edited my original post to include "all evil" instead of just evil. Money^2 = all evil. LOL
Purely a joke people. It's meant for us socially challenged math heads.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #15
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
_________

This is sheer genius!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:55 AM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

it's a shame that close families can be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs.