Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-16-2004, 09:38 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Forward Z. Randolph and Nick Van Exel have tiff

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap.php#1103228091

At the center of Portland's breakdown on Wednesday night was Zach Randolph, who is again concerned with his scoring numbers, just two games after his teammates pleaded for him to pass more. Randolph touched the ball 16 times Wednesday and passed once -- which resulted in a dunk by Joel Przybilla.

Randolph was unhappy about not getting the ball enough, and after he made a poor pass in the third quarter that resulted in a turnover, Van Exel yelled on Randolph during a timeout.

"Where's your head?" Van Exel said. "Damn, we go to you every time."

Randolph tuned out Van Exel's comments by turning his head the other way during the timeout. By the time Cheeks reached the huddle to diagram a play, Randolph still was despondent, causing Cheeks to stop what he was saying and shake his head.

"Zach! Do you want to play?" Cheeks asked. "Do you want to play?"

Randolph was put back in the game, but 18 seconds later, he was pulled and did not return, finishing with 10 points and seven rebounds on 5 of 12 shooting.

"He was bad tonight," Cheeks said. "He's got to learn that this game is not just about scoring."
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2004, 12:25 AM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE: Forward Z. Randolph and Nick Van Exel have tiff

He already got paid, what more does he want?

Big numbers aren't going to lead to recognition and endorsements - not for a jailblazer.

No wonder these kids don't want to stay in school - Tom Izzo wouldn't have put up this type of shit.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:49 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

i say give him the ball as much as he wants...let him shoot 27 times a game...and let him grab 15 rebounds a game....yeah, thats the ticket!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:59 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't surprise me that old Nick was the guy who had the gumption to speak up to Randolph...
Old 12-17-2004, 02:06 PM   #5
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Forward Z. Randolph and Nick Van Exel have tiff

I miss Nick Van when he was in Mavs... I love his attitude...

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:15 PM   #6
withoutmalice

withoutmalice is on a distinguished road

Nick was an egotistical ballhog before he came here and I think he really learned to buy into the whole team concept coming off the bench with us. Randolph is kind of spoiled as a result of getting so much dough and being designated POR's go-to-guy at such an early age. He basically thinks he'll get cut a lot of slack no matter what he does.
withoutmalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:25 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

he was told that he was the number one guy for a while because Portland had to designate a star when they were giving away all the traditional stars like Bonzi and Sheed. He never really realized his limitations and he never learned that he was part of a team because he was made the star so quickly with the roster-shuffling happening so early.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Randolph is a star power forward (20 and 10 a night) as much as Elton Brand is a star...it just so happens that names like KG, TD, Dirk, Webber all play the same spot and are in the same conference

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-20-2004, 02:55 AM   #9
DirkN003

DirkN003 is on a distinguished road

Van Exel played great on the mavs but i don't understand why that freaking portland coach sat abdur-rahim out.. : ( I had him on fantasy!
DirkN003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:13 PM   #10
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Randolph is a star power forward (20 and 10 a night) as much as Elton Brand is a star...it just so happens that names like KG, TD, Dirk, Webber all play the same spot and are in the same conference
randolph is a decent option at the position but he's no star..he's an average player who doesn't block shots, doesn't pass the ball and is more concerned about scoring than anything

he hasn't improved his game one bit since last season
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:08 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

he is also the focus of double teams for the first time in his career so I'd say the fact that he is still putting up 20 and 10 a night is in fact "star" numbers....disagree with me if you wish, but go find me another non-star who puts up those numbers....and yes, in a sad way, Walker is a star.

Old 12-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

He touched the ball 16 times while passing the ball only once....how does he only touch the ball 16 times?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:34 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

tonight he went for 22 points on while shooting 65% from the field, grabbing 11 rebs and dishing 6 assists....

Old 12-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #14
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

I wonder if/when POR will trade S. A. Rahim, although Rahim and Randolph aren't playing as badly together as I thought they would since they're basically the same player. I think POR is a little better defensively and on the fast break with Miles at SF rather than Rahim.
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:46 PM   #15
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
tonight he went for 22 points on while shooting 65% from the field, grabbing 11 rebs and dishing 6 assists....
well done tonight...he also showed a glimpse of shot blocking early this season when he had 5 in one game..he just needs to develop that and keep the assists up and he could be great

also note that portland has made two changes in their starting lineup and it has won them games

van exel in for stoudamire
darius miles in for rahim
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:53 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

rahim is coming off the bench??? that is a shock.

VanExel went for 26 tonight...I just crabbed him off waivers the other day for the Sikedelics....I sat him tonight...DOH!