Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-14-2001, 12:57 PM   #1
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

damn, i just moved from austin to lubbock, home of bob knight. I plan to move outta here as soon as possible though, anyways, its nice to know all the right people are still here. evilmav, rob, dj ...blah blah blah. 50 wins, thats more than most would have suspected. I think this new zone defense might hurt our team, cause we realy heavily on mismatched defenders on our players. Shawn won't be able to camp under the basket either since there is a 3 sec. lane rule doe defenders. It should at least be 5 sec. . . otherwise the offensive players will have just as much right to the lane as the defense = even easier for the oppostion to get offenseive boards off our week rebounding team. Juwan Howard = wow!!! Nellie gave it to jordan right up the ass by picking up booth as well. . . all we need is for Nash and Buck to get healthy. Play on Players, until next time, keep the blunts rollin and the drinks flowin.
Old 04-14-2001, 01:03 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

DJ will be pleased to see that Kool and the Gang are back at Dallas-Mavs.com... I've been gone for the last two weeks as well... Also, you are a lucky man being in such close proximity to the General... Bloomington seems like an emptier place without him...

An American Hero
Old 04-14-2001, 01:55 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Austin to Lubbock?! What the hell's in Lubbock?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 02:00 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The General and his new Army are in Lubbock now (as sad as that makes me)...
Old 04-14-2001, 02:01 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Yea but besides that? I mean..LUBBOCK?! My friend xferred from SMU to Tech and he said the air over there smells like cow shit all the time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 02:03 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 02:20 PM   #7
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

yeah it does smell like cowshit sometimes i've heard. Fear not, I'm getting the hell out of hear (lubbock) as soon as possible. The people are nice though, and all they talk about is bob knight this, bob knight that. And they all wear bob knight T-shirts. But alas, I'm no longer a quick 2 hour trip up the interstate to dallas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and my wonderful mavs. Such is life ... If we go to the second round, i may just drive my ass up there, call in some favors and make a month out of the playoffs, but there i go mumbling to myself again, Bradley had his 1 good game a month last night, maybe he is on tap to help in one of our playoff games. Booth was a steal, poor poor Michael. Seems like every forward that leaves the wiz, starts playing at an all star level.
Old 04-14-2001, 02:25 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I have been wearing my newly ordered Bob Knight Tech shirts (three of them) quite a bit over the last two weeks... Also, About one in three guys in class constantly wear Tech hats at IU... The Hat World at the mall sold out of Texas Tech merchandise the afternoon that ESPN announced that Bobby was almost certainly going to Lubbock (I know because one of my roommates went there loking for a Tech hat)...
Old 04-14-2001, 02:26 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Senior Member baby...
Old 04-14-2001, 02:54 PM   #10
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Juwan Webber I mean howard, has me stoked though. great addition.
Old 04-14-2001, 03:02 PM   #11
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

tight, well ill keep my eye out for provacative Knight merchadise and maybe send it your way. Thjis town isn't so bad, except i've been here like a week and a half ans seen and done verything there is to see and do. Drinking and chronic makes it seem less redundant though. Oh well, i guess we will see . . . The good news is that fox sports S.W. has extended coverage in Lubbock, in Austin I got Rockets and Spurs games, but in Lubbock its all Mavs all the way. I can't wait for the playoffs, i hope we draw Utah and beat the living shit out of Karl Malone and that little white trash playing since I'm 40 and can barely run, pass, or shoot anymore so i cheat anyway i can stockton.
Old 04-14-2001, 03:04 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

That was one hell of a steal. Howard was supposedly untradable, but the creativity and will of Cuban and Nelson showed what our front office is capable of... Now, if only Courtney Alexander would stop putting up numbers in DC...