Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough
Default Lakers/Spurs game

80-80

27 seconds remaining. Radmanovic just tied it with a three.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Is it bad that I loved watching Ginobli take that shot to the face?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Kobe fouling twice in the last 2.7 of regulation, and not called for it.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve13
80-80

27 seconds remaining. Radmanovic just tied it with a three.
Funny how Duncan got away with an OBVIOUS foul on Kobe's dunk attempt. That guy get away with more fouls than anybody in the league. I think that would have been his 6th foul too.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Steve13

Lakers up 92-91

Spurs ball with 30 secs left. does it matter who wins this game for us?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve13
Lakers up 92-91

Spurs ball with 30 secs left. does it matter who wins this game for us?
Your kidding right? We want the Spuz to lose always.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Spurs obviously since they are in our division and somewhat close. That said I have always disliked the Lakers from way back.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
Bookit
Diamond Member

I just can't stand to see the Spuz win, ever. Remember, they always get rolling on this rodeo road trip.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #9
Bookit
Diamond Member

Kobe is tough in the Staples Center.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn that is some cold blooded stuff.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #11
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

FIN you dog!

Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my... Finley!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #13
Bookit
Diamond Member

Finley never did that with the Mavs. I was sure it would clank off the back iron.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #14
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Fin dawg! Always good to see him do good.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

And then mike gives it to them right in the gut.

Wonder if the spurts board is going to be calling for his head today. Man he was 4 feet back from the line.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Finley never did that with the Mavs. I was sure it would clank off the back iron.
Ah come on. Mike could always hit a wide open 3. It was when he had to put it on the floor that he had such a horrible time.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #17
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Ah come on. Mike could always hit a wide open 3. It was when he had to put it on the floor that he had such a horrible time.
Ok, he RARELY hit a 3 pointer late. Maybe back in the 90's but not in the last 4 or 5 years here in Dallas.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #18
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

LA deserved to win. - -

Last edited by shaw-xx; 01-28-2007 at 06:30 PM.
shaw-xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #19
fluid.forty.one

Dammit
Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #20
Steve13

fin the hero. spurs win by 2
Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

Weird that it looked like the lakers were trying to get a 3 and the spurts seemed to be pushing them out.

Last edited by dude1394; 01-28-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
I know you're joking Bookit, but Finley did hit quite a few game winners for us in the regular season. Especially the 00-01 season...

Yes, he also missed his share because for some reason, Nellie had an aversion to drawing up a play to get an open shot in the last seconds. It was always Finley iso on top and let him get enough space to get his jumper off.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 01-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I can honestly say that was the most entertaining afternoon game I've seen in years. The last time I had that much fun watching an afternoon game was in 2003 when the Mavs beat the Kings in OT at ARCO.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #24
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

ugh. good game, but I was rooting for the Lakers because I'll be rooting for the Spurs when they play the Suns in a bit.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
I know you're joking Bookit, but Finley did hit quite a few game winners for us in the regular season. Especially the 00-01 season...

Yes, he also missed his share because for some reason, Nellie had an aversion to drawing up a play to get an open shot in the last seconds. It was always Finley iso on top and let him get enough space to get his jumper off.
Which was part of my point. having him make his own shot was a problem, getting him a wide open 3 was fine.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #26
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

As a Spurs fan, I recall the words of MLK--

KEEP HOPE ALIVE

I have hope against the Phoenix Suns.

Is there any way to have a betting section for SA versus Phoenix?
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just can't stand to see the Spuz win, ever. Remember, they always get rolling on this rodeo road trip.
They better get on a roll enough to beat PHX. If the Mavs capitalize on their upcoming easy schedule, the Spurs won't gain any ground.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #28
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I only saw the final play of regulation and OT, but DAMN that was entertaining! Probably some of the best ball that I've seen all season.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #29
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
As a Spurs fan, I recall the words of MLK--

KEEP HOPE ALIVE

I have hope against the Phoenix Suns.

Is there any way to have a betting section for SA versus Phoenix?
I really wish you beat the Suns though I doubt...
Old 01-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #30
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I'm still sitting here in shock on how the Lakers gave that lead up in the 4th quarter. The announcers harped on it but time after time the Spurs kept getting their own misses. Eventually you knew the Spurs were going to come back but it would've been difficult had the Lakers capitalized on their lead. But it stayed in the 6-9 point range and it bit them in the ass. Good to see my favorite player in the L(Yea its Finley) getting a great game out of him. He's been playing well these last couple of games but damn had it not been for his 3's the Spurs would've been down by double digits and probably would've never came back. And that last 3 was just insane. The Spurs have a lot of faith in Finley. I was for sure the Spurs were going to live and die by Ginobilli going to the rack in closing minutes.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #31
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I don't watch many non-mavs games, but caught this one today. When I'm watching impartially, I really see better how predictably bad NBA officiating is. The spurs are falling too far behind, enter some bad calls in thier favor so people don't change the channel. . .lead cut to 4 pts. Oops now they tied and after all, we are in LA. . .let's make it one phantom call for the Lakers. Now the spurs can win the game with a shot. Ignore the foul on Horry behind the arc. . .

It's really pathetic and appears just a few shades from the WWF.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:29 PM   #32
The Crippler
Diamond Member

it is very pro wrestling-like, no disputing that fact...
Old 01-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #33
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

The Spurs will be fine. The playoffs is where it counts (just ask last years Miami team). The Spurs are going to be tough come playoff time for any team to beat. I also thought this game was sort of boring except the last few minutes of the 4th and the OT.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #34
RePLAY

RePLAY can only hope to improve

Crazy game...a nail biter for sure
RePLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #35
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe suspended tonight vs. Knicks

Kobe Bryant was suspended by the NBA for Tuesday night's Lakers game against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden for striking the Spurs' Manu Ginobili in the face on Sunday.

Bryant hit Ginobili with 2.7 seconds remaining in the Lakers' eventual overtime loss to the Spurs. However, the Lakers guard was not ejected and finished with 31 points in the 96-94 loss..

================================================== ===============
I'm suprised they are'nt going to be playing the suns, minus their marquee player
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber
Kobe suspended tonight vs. Knicks

Kobe Bryant was suspended by the NBA for Tuesday night's Lakers game against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden for striking the Spurs' Manu Ginobili in the face on Sunday.

Bryant hit Ginobili with 2.7 seconds remaining in the Lakers' eventual overtime loss to the Spurs. However, the Lakers guard was not ejected and finished with 31 points in the 96-94 loss..
He did the exact same thing to Dirk last year and nothing happened.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #37
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

??? That was the play where Kobe launched a desperation attempt, and Manu collapsed with his hands on his face? It looked as accidental as the elbows Shaq threw in the finals.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #38
RePLAY

RePLAY can only hope to improve

what a bullshit suspension
RePLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

Looks like a decent suspension to me, he threw his arm back to keep ginobbli from the ball it seems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a7TGrVIu3o
Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #40
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

F*cking hilarious.

Scarcely a word about this during the game. I thought they were just going to sweep it under the rug.

Strangely, however, the league acts as Kobe comes into the Garden with the NYKs on the ropes, and trying to stay out of a death spiral.

And Bryant always packs the Garden. But the tickets are already sold. LOL....Knicks fans screwed again!

BTW, that cheap shot should merited 2-3 games because of Bryant's past history.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 01-30-2007 at 01:15 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote