Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Dear Mr Cuban

Congrats on another great regular season. I know you are a big fan of Phx Suns basketball and like to try to pattern our team like them as jump shooters. This is fine and if i was to pick a regular season winner the past 5 to 7 years, i would probably pick the Suns as the champions. Then again, that is not the top priority. Please Mr Cuban, watch San Antonio Spurs basketball game after game after game after year. Watch Pop and give the Spurs a chance as Avery was trying to pattern your team to them but his problem is he did not like Harris. At this same time, our Ginoboli, decided he wanted to be just like Jason Terry and Dirk and score from the outside(Josh). Now we was done or would have to go back to Suns basketball again with a San Antonio mind set(Avery) but without any Parker or Gino(Harris).

Mr Cuban, do you want to challenge the Suns for the hot ticket for regular season wins or do you want to actually win a nba title? Not a regular season team but a playoff team like the Spurs. You have two ways to go, if you keep Dirk. Get a Tim Duncan and just how many Tim Duncan's are they? Not many. So that choice Mr Cuban is not a good legit one down inside. Your last choice is to get a Gino, Parker, Harris, Beaubois, Chris Paul, Williams, Rondo, Rose.

Mr Cuban take a close look at this and understand 4th quarter playoff basketball and title basketball. In the 4th, Gino is the point guard and even if Parker is on the court. Gino is point guard and like Kobe, they say here, take the ball and go. Remember a guy named Harris that pop could not defend, a player like that. Another good example is a man named Kobe, he is point guard in the 4th. Look at who shot the most ft's last night as a player, Gino shot 12 huge ft's. He is like Kobe. Butler shot 6 for us, high man. Remember last night, i said watch paint points and ft's. I said who shoots the most ft's and has the most paint points wins the game. The Spurs took that and they took the series. Spurs shoot 31 ft's and we shoot 15. Again Mr Cuban, this is losing basketball. If Mr Beaubois never came in the game, we might have been beat by 30 or more. Mr Cuban, can you see, Barea and Beaubois is your paint points but no matter your penetrater, if it is Harris, Gino, Kobe, you are your coaching staff sits these type players alot in the 4th and brings in your Antoine Walkers. I guess your mind set is, we are behind and we need some 3 point bombers, like the Suns and sit any penetrater we might have. The problem is, it takes a penetrater to open up men like Antoine Walker. Terry and Dirk need a Gino. I understand when you get Roddy, Kidd, Terry, Dirk, Barea all out there around the same time you have no defense but again this is a problem you have chose to have. So if you want to kill two birds with one stone, get a Gino. This man is one of the best defenders, has some height, can destroy a defense. Makes guys like Hill a superstar. Nope, 40 year old Kidds and Nashes won't work anymore for this team. Plus they can't play defense. If you want to keep Kidd, then you must get a Gino to go in Butler's spot.

Pop was scratching his head, stop him as he looks like Harris(Roddy) and making Duncan look silly. Parker and Gino now chasing him around like we chase them around. Get the picture Mr Cuban? If your coaching staff wants more Antoine Walkers from 3, then you step into coaching and do what needs to be done.

You need people that can drive the ball. To layup, to have paint points, to drive and kick to your great shooters. Now your team can not be defended. Let me remind you, we do not need a 40 year old Gino and Parker or Harris but we need one from 30 years old and younger. If we do not get one, we will keep on being a good regular season team and get beat in the playoffs because in the west it is to many Billups, Gino's, Brooks, Williams, Miller, Westbrook, Paul, and more. These type men can break our team down. Barea, Kidd and Terry can not come close to guarding them. Even a 40 year old Nash isn't bad in the west. Your team can not put pressure on the opposing team in the painted area by driving the ball, even if we can not stop all these players i listed.

So Mr Cuban, if you can not find one of these type players, that gets us more ft's, more paint points, to open up our shooters for easier shots, then please let Dirk walk. Did you see the shots Dirk was having to take in the 4th? Men playing great defense on him and him having to bank in shots from 20 with men hanging on him. On the other hand, Gino made Hill a superstar. Wide open shots. Mr Cuban, let Dirk go somewhere where he has a player and players to open him up. Let this man shine. You can always get a few more Antoine Walkers to sell tickets and compete with the Suns for the spot as regular season champs but let Dirk play for a playoff team and not a regular season team. Not all is bad as you did very good getting Haywood and even Butler because Josh was going to try to be the next Jason Terry and refused to play the 4th quarter.

I'll check back in with you when preseason starts and be pulling for the Mavs. In the meantime i'll watch the nba and the usual teams playing as everyone else goes home, Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic. I guess the Magic will be a breathe of fresh air and just maybe our man Bass could pick up a ring. I forgot about Finley with the Rondo and the Celts.

Dirk, wake up man. Get vocal and put your demands down in writting, "YOU WANT A GINO", It is not just Gino as it is many in the nba. Rose is one at Chicago. It is many around the nba now and if Cuban does not get you one, walk. Give yourself a chance at a title. That is more important than regular season wins. In the end, you will like your ring better than your mvp's and scorring titles. You are sitting good Dirk with what you have been doing and your great playoff showing, so get while the getting is good and opt. Then pick the team you want to win a title with. I know it would be fun in Phx and with Nash but Phx is just another Dallas. Won't happen(atleast i do not think it will).

I may speak bad at times of Phx but i want them to prove me wrong and i pull for them now in the west and give Nash a ring. So now i root for them but i know the Lakers and Spurs are a Suns stopper but i'll see if Nash can someway out smart the great Pop. I'll also pull for Utah. San Antonio, give Pop a raise, the dude is amazing. Pop, you do not fool me as i see what you do and i must admit you do it best i have ever seen. The only teams that can compete with you as you put all opposing teams in half court is Kobe, Jackson and the Lakers in the west and the Celts in the east. You will destroy the great Cavs again but the Celts plays alot like you and has bigs and Rondo. Hard series. Plus the lakers will be very hard.

Mr Cuban, one last thing, great job on hd net, i really enjoy your station.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

cool story bro
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

tl;dr
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

You are taking this out of context. It's understandable that you are basically trying to say, we are like Phoenix and only care about the regular season, vs. San Antonio who coasts through the regular season and then turns it on in the play-offs. I get that. But the West is really competitive. We were a few games out of losing home court advantage. We didn't win a road game, and couldn't even defend our home court (which is all we needed to advance, win 4 at home). In hindsight, you could say we tired ourselves out, and that is true. But without home court, we may have no even made it to game six. Mavs needed that home court, but Spurs only wanted to not be in LA's side of the bracket.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I agree but i just do not seeing us winning it all with Kidd being our number one man running the team. I am saying this from me really liking him. I really like Steve Nash also and feel he will not win a nba title or with Phx. I just feel this teams needs a Rondo, Gino, Parker, Williams, C Paul, Westbrooks, Tyreke Evans, Nelson, Harris, Mo Williams, Rose, Kirk Hinrich would be an improvement but probably not the best answer and he would be one you could get, and i know i am leaving out some but Dallas must make the opposing team stop the ball like how they try to make us stop it. If we can not stop the pg with the ball, the other teams never have to go to plan b as where when we have the ball on offense and that team says, well Kidd and Terry will not penetrate and come to the rim, we will just play off them, especially Kidd and make him the Dirk of the team and let him shoot away or just pass the ball around from way out and make us shoot long jumpers. This will keep happening if we do not get someone that can penetrate.

Dirk is not that player we can give the ball to and say, go like Kobe down the middle but neither is Duncan. You set these great players up. I had hoped at one time, even with Harris or us get one of these really good pg's and i know Evans or Rose would be way to hard to ever get but some good pg and a guy that no one wanted at one time backing our really good pg up like Steve Blake(back up).

Even last night, just what if we started and played Roddy the whole game? Would we have won. Just like Avery, Rick C was not going to chance that and rather take a legit loss than shake things up for a win. This is where Pop differs from others. He plays to win at all cost. Avery would have jerked out Harris alot of times in the second half in favor of a vet pg and fearing Harris would make a few mistakes. Nash had 7 to's last night and won and now that guy Dragic who looked bad for awhile when he came up, looks good and he is so much better than anyone for Dallas that can possible penetrate the middle. Maybe exception of Roddy and Barea but let's face it, we are not going to make Barea our star pg at like 5'6". No coach will take that chance.

In the off season, i see something happening big time. Dirk would be the biggest but i am looking for something with Kidd and Terry. Even if we have Kidd, we must have young legs and a fearless pg in the 4th that will penetrate that painted area and open our team and Kidd would have to take a backyards step and let this player play and especially against Pop or teams that pushed us into a half court game.

Rick C was not going to upset Kidd, fans or Cuban and he took the Avery way out. Win or lose it is ok because he went with Kidd and that is a hall of famer. He went with the 6th man of the year, Terry because again this is the easy way out and he knew if he lost with Roddy, he may take heat, how dare you play a great young talent and he made a mistake. So he let the game end and then brought Roddy back in to late.

I am ready for an all out win coach no matter who gets the job done. Roddy was the one why we came back last night and we will never know if we could have won that game if he was left in. He sped the game up and right the opposite of what Pop wanted. Pop was seeing flash backs of Harris. Dirk caught fire also but Dirk needs someone to help him.

I will say this, i am impressed with Utah and i am impressed with Phx and i was with Dallas(regular season) but i have seen Phx and Utah year after year and face off with Jackson or Pop, and then they take them down year after year. Can this year be any different? I think the Nugs are good but i am not impressed with them. The Thunder and Portland are getting good also.

I'll finish up on this, Stevenson(he plays no offense) on our bench at 6'5" is known around the nba for his defense. No matter how bad we are getting beat by an outside man by the opposing team, the Dallas Mavs coaching staff will not bring in an all defensive man. Was we down 22 or something but we have the mind set of Phx, we need more fire power and shooting or we will not play just a defensive player like Stevenson or Bruce Bowen. Bowen would not make our team.

So this tells me, we would rather lose than stop the ball with a complete defensive man and he did bring in Roddy and it did work. Then jerked him out when we took the lead. So the Dallas Mavs must get a Tyreke Evans or a D Rose and maybe even a K Hinrich possibly because we will not play the player if he is not good on the offensive end, no matter how bad we are getting beat and need defense. I agree we need a complete player like this and hopefully Cuban sees this. The only other way and keep this same team, get a young prime Shaq or D Howard and everyone can stand around and dump the ball into your dominant center and him dunk it or kick it out to our good shooters.

I'm pulling for the Mavs and hope something good happens and i will be waiting preseason.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
mavssuckok
Banned

mavssuckok can only hope to improve

San Antonio Sucks.

Last edited by mary; 04-30-2010 at 03:08 PM.
mavssuckok is offline   Reply With Quote