Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-07-2001, 11:37 PM   #1
JWang

JWang is on a distinguished road

I posted a ¡§Beat Lakers, How?¡¨ days ago. I am a little bit worry my intention was miss interpreted somehow. So, let me try it again from a different angle. I am not encouraging out score opponents nor proposing a trade. Unfortunately, most Mavericks fans do not study Mavericks games at the same level they love the Mavericks. That¡¦s the reason why most Mavericks fans pay attention to trade rumor rather than the game itself. I like this Mavericks core group and bench. Mavericks are only one player away from an elite team. This player does not have to be a star rebounder or top offensive stopper. I will like to have a nasty, explosive, good ball handling, multi dimensional type player to join this team. The Mavericks is not an orthodox team at offense and all players except Bradley are multi position players. Create miss match at offense and turn defense into fast break will be the team strength. Lamar Odom, Rashard Lewis, Rubben Patterson and Bonzi Wells are on my dream list. I don¡¦t like a bulky slow power forward as the team focus for the same reason. I am not denying the importance of muscle in the elbow area and we do need one of those types of player from situation to situation. I am saying it is not the beloved Mavericks system. The Mavericks is too late and too good to change game system. The current Mavericks is equipped the capability to play team defense at zone D era. At least, I strongly believe Mavericks coaches, agents, consultants; water boys and dancing girls will address this issue, sooner or later.

I respect Phil Jackson BS degree (yeah, something with his Bulls) in Zen. However, his defense theory at disrupting opponents¡¦ guards¡¦ ball pipe was overlooked by the other NBA teams for a long time. Zen master did not play same defense against opponents¡¦ guards at same level until playoff. Where was Mark Jackson and Best last final? Well, not to mention Iverson could not get the ball at final seconds and no other could fire from outside beside guards especially when Shaq was making cute face in the middle. Teams like Seattle, Bucks, Suns, Houston and Kings are built to beat Lakers. May be not all of them intent to do so? I will be in trouble if I throw Nuggets or Clippers in this bucket. All these team have many ball handlers at guards/small forwards and mobile front liners at games. They are forced to and capable of playing outstanding one on one offense when ball cannot move well. They do not try and cannot challenge Shaq at low post. So, they take advantage at outstanding guards / SF low post play. I am not saying this feature will beat Lakers all the times. It is a very good chance if they can do the same defense against Lakers¡¦ guards. I am not going to argue King¡¦s sweep here. However, Divac must have a lot fun under basket.

If Lakers can deny Iverson ball when they want, why the Mavericks cannot deny Shaq ball at front end. I mean Shaq cannot make point if he has no ball. Right? I am not pretending I know a lot of X and O even I like XO a lot. I really don¡¦t see why need a super center to beat Lakers if 1, 2 and 3 physically disrupt Lakers rhythm. Nelson ever played Erik Strickland on Shaq. Strickland performance was no worse than David Robinson, Tim Duncan or Mutombo at defense end. Actually, Mavericks did win that game last year. For this case, will the best running big man shadow Lakers¡¦ guards and send Kobe back to college learn advance Triangle in geometry? Well, I just miss Ansty but I am not saying we shall bring him back. However, Odem and Lewis may be suitable. Mavericks 1, 2 and 3 are really far away from that standard as today. Mavericks¡¦ opponent guards and small forwards slash into basket too often and abuse that flag boy named Bradely. That is no way allows us to discuss (or just cuss) Lakers. As I can remember, Finely used to be Buckner when he was at Suns. He played Jordan toes to toes and nose to nose at exclusive performance. I just wonder why he cannot play defense at same level any more.

Offense side, the Mavericks has enough weapons to out score Lakers. Defense, the Mavericks need a lot of works.

I see the purple Lakers dynasty is forming. I also do not see this purple has any Bulls red. Jazz and Spurs are bowing out in two years; Clippers and Rockets are not yet determined. Will it be the glory Mavericks moment again? Wait and see. Let¡¦s discuss it later on. Good night Mavericks fans!!!

Old 07-07-2001, 11:42 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I don't know but your a damn good poster and a great new addition to this board. Welcome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 11:48 PM   #3
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

What's up with the upside-down !s and other funky symbols?
And are you from America?
Old 07-07-2001, 11:57 PM   #4
JWang

JWang is on a distinguished road

What symbol? I guess it is not too bad.
I was from Taiwan and live in Dallas area. Just like you, I love Mavericks. Have a good night.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:00 AM   #5
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

This symbol...§, I pasted it from your post. You have a good night too.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:03 AM   #6
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Hahahah, I love this guy. This board now has its very own Confucius!

JWang say: Beat them with ball-handling!
Old 07-08-2001, 12:16 AM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I really think the Mavs can beat the Lakers. If Dirk develops to "freak" status and Nellie gets Aaron McKie to come here, we are at the door.

Center: Bradley/Booth
Power Forward: Dirk
Small Forward: McKie
Shooting Guard: Finley
Point Guard: Nash

Sixth Man: Howard
Bench: to be determined

Damn that would be a good team. Our rebounding should improve. Our defense will be much better. And our scoring will go up.

McKie can be the difference maker. If he can slow down Kobe without a double team, Shaq can score whatever he wants and we will still win.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 12:21 AM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

McKie proved he can do that in the finals.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:26 AM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

If the Sixers weren't so beat up before the Finals even began, it might have been a different series. The Sixers just did not have enough left in the tank to take the Lakers out.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:28 AM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I agree...coming off 2 seven game series is lots harder than comming off to complete blow-outs. But that can be hard too.
Old 12-06-2001, 11:59 PM   #11
MFFL
Guru

Where is JWang?