Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future
Default Shooting Guard or Post Player? And how would they fit?

If there was to be some changes in Dallas, where do you think we are in the greatest need? Is it a post player, a shooting guard, a hall of famer point guard? The largest consensus that I see is that we need a dominate post player that can defend and be a threat on the offensive end, but how would he fit in? Or would a more skilled shooting guard fit in better? I think we are fine at point. I want to keep Harris around for awhile. I feel that if we traded him away for an aging pg like Kidd we would regret the move in only a few years.. like we have with Kidd in the first place, and when we lost nash.

Anyways, ... right now the set starting line up that wont change throughout the season (or shouldnt rather) is PG- Harris, SF - Howard, and PF- Dirk. That leaves room for a skilled SG(Michael Redd?) if we had a chance to obtain one by trading some of our other players. Everyone wants a more dominate low post presense, but where would he fit? Say if we got someone like, Jermaine O'Neal somehow.. would he play at center or would the positions shake up to be more like pg- harris, sg-howard, f-dirk, pf- oneal? Dirk is more comfortable on the outside afterall. Same scenario toward someone like Pau Gasol. Would it be better to put them at Center or keep a true center of Damp/Diop there and change up the positions? I actually am curious about that, not just trying to bring up a point.. but what do yall think is needed, how can we get whoever without giving up Harris, Howard, Dirk, and how would they fit?
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Post player. It's always been a post player. And we'll never get one.

Unless of course Cuban pays for Shaq.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

There is no way we can get Redd or Jermaine O'Neal. If we did we'd be the favorites for the title for the next 5 years at least.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I have seen stranger trade deals from desparate teams. I wouldnt say the Pacers are too desparate.. the Bucks are ready to deal though. But yeah, I doubt that any number of mavs players outside of harris/howard/dirk would be good enough. definitely worth a call though.

Last edited by Robillion; 01-06-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Bucks are very desperate, according to their braintrust, the only untouchables are Bogut and Yi. (I know, crazy)

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Bucks are very desperate, according to their braintrust, the only untouchables are Bogut and Yi. (I know, crazy)
rebuild but keep the bigs. I can understand this, why is it crazy?

Get a young SF and PG while trading say Redd, and find a SG with CharlieV, maybe keep Williams as well. They aren't that far off, but they do need to rebuild, because they do not have the nucleus to win it all, but they are good enough to not let them get a descent draft pick.

I could see Simmons, Redd, or CharlieV in Dallas if the price were right.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

What would you send to get Redd?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Powerful mind-altering drugs (and lots of them!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From a Dallas perspective, or from what would Milwaukee want perspective?

If I am Milwaukee, either I package Redd and xxxx for Tmac package, or I move him for say a Miller, Ingudala package with Philly. Something that gets me a slashing SF.

If you are Dallas, I'd say Terry (saves Mil money but sends talent) + Diop and Ager. You might have to get say Seattle involved who might want Terry, and be able to move Kurt Thomas expiring contract in place. Of course plus picks and cash. I am not sure Dallas has the parts to pull off a trade. Harris, Redd, Howard, Dirk, Damp is one solid 5 though that would rival Boston.

Redd = Allen
Howard = Pierce
Dirk = Garnett
(generally speaking)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 01-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would expect milwaukee wants salary cap space and draft picks. Getting TMAC doesn't do anything for them except decrease their salary cap space and put them on the TMAC yo-yo that the Rockettes have been on.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
Robillion
Golden Member

I truely believe that our bench is good enough to pull of a good deal to put another good starter on the team. There are many big names out there lately.. and will be many free agents next year. Im sure that 98% of them would love to goto Dallas.. thinking they would be the player that puts them over the top to win a championship.

I also think that everything that has been going on with our bench lately is probably hurting the locker room a bit and is just messing with certain players "flow". Stackhouse was very comfortable with his role.. and terry was as well. Now it is a mental thing that is slowing them down with both of them coming off the bench. Either one of them starting on another team.. with a fresh start. I think they would be playing at an all star level. The talent is definitely there in both. Also, the veterans that we are not using that much.. would be very useful to other teams.

I salivate at the idea of Redd on the team.. but definitely not if we would be giving up either of our only slasher types.. harris/howard. .. I think that a dangerous shooter with Redd on the team, people would respect our shooters so much they would ignore Damp/Diop/Bass whoever was in the post and we would get easy baskets by just passing to them.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
From a Dallas perspective, or from what would Milwaukee want perspective?

If I am Milwaukee, either I package Redd and xxxx for Tmac package, or I move him for say a Miller, Ingudala package with Philly. Something that gets me a slashing SF.

If you are Dallas, I'd say Terry (saves Mil money but sends talent) + Diop and Ager. You might have to get say Seattle involved who might want Terry, and be able to move Kurt Thomas expiring contract in place. Of course plus picks and cash. I am not sure Dallas has the parts to pull off a trade. Harris, Redd, Howard, Dirk, Damp is one solid 5 though that would rival Boston.

Redd = Allen
Howard = Pierce
Dirk = Garnett
(generally speaking)
and you might as well say that Harris is just a better version than Rondo... so I would easily say that there were better peices from top to bottom than Boston if Dallas pulled something like that off.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Here is my opinion on any trade......

Dirk -- Mark will never trade him
Stack/Terry/Damp -- Avery will never trade them
Howard -- Donnie would never trade him

So once these are taken up, Dallas makes no trades. I enjoy thinking about what I would do if I were GM though.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #14
Robillion
Golden Member

I think it is a neeed that one of either Stack or Terry goes... and Damp. Well I love tha guy, but he has a huge contract, and is injury prone. He needs to go as well... imagine the cap room if Terry and Damp were off and we picked up small contracts for them. There will be a lot of FA this coming year that would loooove to come here if the money was at all near their lowest expectations.

I think that the untouchables just need to be Harris/Howard/Dirk .. tons of talk about Harris in these big trades but I just really really feel that we would greatly regret moving him in no longer than 2 years. I would not be able to bear losing another all star PG .. again.

Last edited by Robillion; 01-07-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

The Bucks have talent and why can't they win? If they just keep on sucking then they need to do something. They have talent to move for big names. I am guessing the odd man out is Redd and man oh man will he fetch alot.

It will be many, many teams that want him. He can really score. Mil will not get cheated when they trade him because of the fact so many want him and teams would offer alot for him.

Miami is just plain terrible and need to do something. They bought a nba title like Boston is trying to do now but in the process got old fast. I am not sure what they can do but ride it out. Maybe move Williams but he won't bring much and Haslem will bring something but who knows.

Houston should be ashamed to have that much talent and be a 50/50 team. Chicago could also move Ben Wallace or others. I wished we had a post player that could score but it just isn't alot left in the nba(centers). Most play one way, Z offense, Dampier defense and so on. I have wondered if our team makes a move for a good shooting guard but then either Stack or Terry would be involved in that trade and Avery would not like moving either those two players.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #16
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

With all that said, i would dream of Redd being our starting shooting guard. He is really good.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Any team that takes ben wallace should have their head examined.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #18
Robillion
Golden Member

It would be easier for us to get a good SG than a good post player.. SGs are way more abundant. Gasol is available, but Memphis isnt going to just take any ol offer for him. .. I would give up stack and terry for Redd.. but I doubt that would happen. If there was at all an opportunity for it though.. or at least to deal off one of them for him then we gotta go for it. cuban/donnie would have to surpass coach on that deal.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
With all that said, i would dream of Redd being our starting shooting guard. He is really good.
You know what I might rather have a 5 year younger ejones. Only because I think we desperately need a defender who only takes shots when open.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #20
Robillion
Golden Member

eddie is great for us and all.. but he would also be great for us playing off the bench with Redd starting... actually much much more great for us. think dude hehe
Old 01-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #21
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Post player > Shooting Guard, of course finding one for the right price would be the hard part.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #22
Robillion
Golden Member

I definitely agree with you Tokey... but I just dont think it would be that possible at all really to get on.. or a good one rather without giving up pieces that we should not give up.

Ok.... besides Redd... who is available at G that takes it to the basket. A real slasher? ( a ginobli/barbosa type.. o man that would be great). That would be good for us too. But.. Redd would still be the best thing we could get here besides a top post player like.. Gasol, Oneal, ect.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #23
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

tokey is right on finding the one at the right price. Redd opens up so many of your players. Eddie Jones was really good in his day but father time has caught up. I think he is still helping us. That sounds good with Jones off the bench backing up Redd.

It has been many teams the last couple years begging for Redd. You do have a point dude and i agree if you get a lock down defender and only take open shots when he is open, is very important also and we could use one that way. Either would be very good. That type player you are talking about is like a young Eddie Jones. Not bad and i agree. In all honesty, you might find that type player and get that type player before you get a Redd.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #24
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I've been wanting Redd in a Mavs uni even before he signed that extension (or new deal) with the Bucks, about 4 years now.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 01-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #25
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The idea of getting Frye from Portland has been thrown around in another thread and while he is by no means the caliber of player Redd is, a post game is a post game. There's not a lot of big name options available other than Gasol or Oneal (which both the Grizzlies and Pacers should be considering moving given their situations) that I would touch, but who needs a big name? Honestly, i'd be happy with Frye and hopefully watching him grow in our system and he has tons of room to improve. Plus we would have to give up a hell of a lot less (probably Bass, etc).

Redd on the other hand would be great as well, but what would the Bucks want? As mentioned, youth, cap space, and draft picks... would you give up Harris in a package for Redd? Because that's what they would be asking as soon as we give them a definite no on Howard.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Redd on the other hand would be great as well, but what would the Bucks want? As mentioned, youth, cap space, and draft picks... would you give up Harris in a package for Redd? Because that's what they would be asking as soon as we give them a definite no on Howard.
Honestly, I would consider it way more than most people would. I'm a Devin homer, but I also think very highly of Redd's game. I probably would offer anyone other than Dirk/Howard/Harris, and that's why it would never happen. Still a very attractive pipe dream, he would be a perfect fit. Great character, great teammate, great scorer, works hard, would spread the floor for Howard and Harris to continue to slash and could score 30 any night Dirk is doubled.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 AM   #27
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

What happened to Chris Webber and PJ Brown? Did they retire and out of shape or will they help someone and come back? I noticed where Gary Payton might come back for someone this year but forgot the team but he is old. Then i noticed where Cassell was not asking to leave but at 38 or so his time is running out in Clipper land. It was mentioned where he could ask out if things do not improve.

Then lastly, what is Faz and Reyshawn Terry doing? Terry in Europe and Faz in D league.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #28
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
You know what I might rather have a 5 year younger ejones.
The Mavs were never in the 5 years younger Eddie Jones race.
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #29
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I loved Redd since we tried to sign him 4-5 years ago. He still fits great in our system, he would have helped us greatly last year vs. the Warriors and would have made them pay for the way the played Dirk in a way Terry and Stack were not. However he is a bad defender, and that would put way too much pressure on Howard and Harris for the perimeter D.
Another player the Mavs might have to see is Artest. I know he is crazy and all, but we have seen very often recently how a winning team transforms guys like these. He would be absolutely great for us.
I saw in another topic that Van Horn's contract is still in our books and we can use it. That is a great asset to have. And if I am not mistaken so is Finley's, eventhough I don't know how that famous Finley rule works. Once you wave a guy, can you still use his contract in a trade. That was a special provision for the new bargaining agreement of the NBA, and since I think the Mavs were the only one to use it, I don't know the specifics of it.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #30
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Would a Harris + VanHorn's expiring contract + filler for Redd work?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #31
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

It is talks of Artest and even Bibby moving but i haven't heard any places rumored. Artest could help a playoff team.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #32
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Would a Harris + VanHorn's expiring contract + filler for Redd work?
I hope it's Terry, or better yet Stack instead of Harris. We need the kid!
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #33
Robillion
Golden Member

I would give up Terry and Stack before I gave up Harris. .. Harris needs to be considered untouchable. Unless of course Lakers want Harris+terry+stack, ect for kobe.. that in heartbeat hehe. But no way. .. Anyways,

After thinking of it more... I think a serious move towards Frye should be made. Definitely. Would it be worth trading away one of either Terry or Stack for Frye?.. what is a trade scenario that could work to get him? .. The Redd talk is pretty much a pipedream, but if we at all had a shot at getting him without giving up Harris/Howard/Dirk then we should.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereaper
The Mavs were never in the 5 years younger Eddie Jones race.
nuthead.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
And if I am not mistaken so is Finley's, eventhough I don't know how that famous Finley rule works. Once you wave a guy, can you still use his contract in a trade. That was a special provision for the new bargaining agreement of the NBA, and since I think the Mavs were the only one to use it, I don't know the specifics of it.
I would be surprised if we have finley's contract, I mean could we trade him out of san antonio?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #36
Robillion
Golden Member

check this out, hehe

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4396654

that, along with van horn contract to the Bucks? .... this at all possible or am I just messn around on real gm ha

Last edited by Robillion; 01-09-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #37
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
check this out, hehe

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4396654

that, along with van horn contract to the Bucks? .... this at all possible or am I just messn around on real gm ha
Portland doesn't do that.
They have held on to Outlaw this long, and I don't think he is going anywhere.

They trade Frye, but end up with two other PF in the deal, and they already have Aldridge.

I like the idea, I just don't see it happening that way.