Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trade I would do.... if all else this summer failed

I am bored, so I came up with one that probably no one would do except me.

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jason Terry
6-2 PG from Arizona
16.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.2 apg in 35.2 minutes

Greg Buckner
6-4 SG from Clemson
4.0 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.0 minutes

Maurice Ager
6-5 SG from Michigan State
2.2 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 6.7 minutes

Nick Fazekas
6-11 from Nevada
No games yet played in 2006/07
Incoming

Andrei Kirilenko
6-9 SF from Russia (Foreign)
8.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.9 apg in 29.3 minutes

Yi Jianlian
7-0 from China
Change in team outlook: -14.6 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and -3.4 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Andrei Kirilenko
6-9 SF from Russia (Foreign)
8.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.9 apg in 29.3 minutes
Incoming

Greg Buckner
6-4 SG from Clemson
4.0 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.0 minutes

Bobby Simmons
6-6 from DePaul
Change in team outlook: -4.3 ppg, -2.6 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Bobby Simmons
6-6 from DePaul

Yi Jianlian
7-0 from China
Incoming

Jason Terry
6-2 PG from Arizona
16.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.2 apg in 35.2 minutes

Maurice Ager
6-5 SG from Michigan State
2.2 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 6.7 minutes

Nick Fazekas
6-11 from Nevada
Change in team outlook: +18.9 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +5.4 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Dallas, Utah, and Milwaukee being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas, Utah, and Milwaukee had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Mil might do it because the basically have to move Yi, and because they need Terry to start by Redd. Simmons was hurt last year, so they might be willing to move him. They get a developmental replacement for Yi.

Uth might do it because they said they couldn't move Kirilenko, they need a scoring SF if they move AK47, and because Buck can provide some defense at their SG position.

Dal might do it because AK47 with Dirk and JHo would be very formidable, plus they get a backup for Dirk with some time to develop him.

If they could possibly add SFrancis for part/all MLE (two or three years, but team option every year after one).

Dal lineup:
Harris, SFrancis, JJB
Howard, Stack
AK47, George, R Terry
Dirk, Pops, Yi
Damp, Diop, DJ

One place available for LLE, vet min and they haven't increased payroll too badly. Maybe CWebb, PJ Brown, or C Green (who I have only seen once, but he seemed to have some game that day.)

Admittedly, this wouldn't be my first choice, but it could work nicely as a plan D, E, or F. Next year would suck when trying to resign Harris, and Diop, but hey that is next year.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

I'd like AK, but can he score enough from the 3? I mean...he AND george aren't exactly known for lighting up the boards.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

He could score if he played as a 4 type on offense.

I would rather just trade Terry and Buck for AK.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
He could score if he played as a 4 type on offense.

I would rather just trade Terry and Buck for AK.
I agree, but Mil is the one that needs a point guard, and one that shoots like Terry with Redd I would think would be devastating. Also, they need to move Yi, so Fazekas as a consolation prize was my thought. Utah would be moving a SF and Harpring would probably start, but Simmons if healthy would help that team. Bucknor's defense could also be used by Sloan.

I just doubted a Terry/Buck for AK47 trade because the contracts last so long.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Pipe dream.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
2k Dre

2k Dre is on a distinguished road

theres noway utah will go for that deal
2k Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I'd do it. I think it favors the Mavs. You might have to add a draft choice to Milwaukee and another young prospect (if we have anyone Utah would like) to get it done.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #8
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

fool
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

trade is good for dallas, bad for utah, and worse for milwaukee
Old 07-12-2007, 06:16 AM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

this trade is absolutely horrendous for mil. its even worse for utah.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

OK... So let me get this straight... Tokey and Dalm would rather do the Terry/Buck for AK47 trade but pass on the Ager/Faz for Yi trade???

Am I hearing you right???

You want to pass on the trade consisting of a guy most of us are clamoring to cut to make room on the 15 man rotation, (Ager), and a guy everyone is killing early on, (Faz), for a guy we all wanted to trade up to get in Yi?

Ok.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about a pipedream scenario - at least on the 2nd trade.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

pipedream is correct

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
OK... So let me get this straight... Tokey and Dalm would rather do the Terry/Buck for AK47 trade but pass on the Ager/Faz for Yi trade???

Am I hearing you right???

You want to pass on the trade consisting of a guy most of us are clamoring to cut to make room on the 15 man rotation, (Ager), and a guy everyone is killing early on, (Faz), for a guy we all wanted to trade up to get in Yi?

Ok.
A few of Yi's most current summer league game stats... 0-9 FG, 7 TO's, 9 fouls, 3 points. And this was all from being guarded by a nobody. Sound like a top 10 pick to you in such a deep draft? At least he looks good when he's playing against a chair...

As if getting AK-47 wasn't risky enough in it's own right your draging a guy with that much risk of being a bust? Forget it. I would take Ager and Fazekas, they were high drafts picks and we KNOW they need tons of work (and Ager doesn't look too bad). Furthermore AK is already an answer to our backup 4 problems as he is a perfect fit there when Dirk rests. Yi is not needed, and Yi is not wanted, Yi will be a bust.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
Willstar

Willstar is on a distinguished road

lets do this pipedream everything else will fail :q

Willstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:42 PM   #16
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default I don't see the risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
A few of Yi's most current summer league game stats... 0-9 FG, 7 TO's, 9 fouls, 3 points. And this was all from being guarded by a nobody. Sound like a top 10 pick to you in such a deep draft? At least he looks good when he's playing against a chair...

As if getting AK-47 wasn't risky enough in it's own right your draging a guy with that much risk of being a bust? Forget it. I would take Ager and Fazekas, they were high drafts picks and we KNOW they need tons of work (and Ager doesn't look too bad). Furthermore AK is already an answer to our backup 4 problems as he is a perfect fit there when Dirk rests. Yi is not needed, and Yi is not wanted, Yi will be a bust.
Fazekas is, at best, a career back up. Ager doesn't look any better. Yi may end up being a bust as well, but you are giving up so little it's hardly worth worrying about.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote