Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-10-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default Anybody else besides me thinking about getting the new Push to Talk phone from Verizon?

Its like Nextel except Nextel's service on their phones suck as they don't have enough towers up. I know when I had a Nextel I had a signal in the major cities but as soon as I went off the freeway, I lost a signal and it was useless. With Verizon they have as many towers for the Push to Talk as what Nextel does plus they have all of their Voice Towers. So if you can't Push to Talk, you can at least use the phone part of it.

I did read up on it though and it looks like you can't communicate between Nextel and Verizon with the two way radio. That kinda sucks because Verizon is so new and everybody how has one has a Nextel. Now in a year, I don't see why Verizon won't have overtaken Nextel in this market.

I am seriously thinking about getting this for me and my Fiancee. I wanted us to have Nextels but as I said the service sucks. Any thoughts?

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #2
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Anybody else besides me thinking about getting the new Push to Talk phone from Verizon?

I have the Nextel i95cl, and it's a pretty good phone and I have no trouble out of it. With you only being able to PTT to someone with the same phone, it's somewhat useless IMO. Now, maybe a year from now Verizon Wireless may overtake them, and I will consider it but for not I am sticking with Nextel. Seeing how you can Direct Connect with anyone who has DC on their Nextel phone, that makes a big difference from VW when both people have to have the same phone(since VW only has on PTT phone right now) to connect. Nextel is the way to go, right now anyway IMO.