Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-18-2002, 04:03 PM   #1
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Read some comments in today's DMN. I didn't realize Eschmeyer had a tumor in his knee? I thought that he had a knee injury similar to Najera. The tumor was non cancerous. Does anybody know any more information?
Old 12-18-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I saw that article, it surprised the heck out of me.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:38 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Tumor:

1.- An abnormal growth of tissue resulting from uncontrolled, progressive multiplication of cells and serving no physiological function; a neoplasm.
2.- A swollen part; a swelling.

If it´s says that tumor wasn´t cancerous maybe it's the #2 type.

Maybe Drbio can explain it better than the article. I also read that Najera had the same knee problem that Eschmeyer. Did they find the tumor recently?

Old 12-18-2002, 04:56 PM   #4
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

The Coors' twins must be devastated to know that their favorite Mavs' player is hurt.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 06:53 PM   #5
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

huh?
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 08:08 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

<< The Coors' twins must be devastated to know that their favorite Mavs' player is hurt. >>

What do you think that they went to Dallas for? Rehabilitation.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:10 AM   #7
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Because one is just not enough.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:27 AM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, it's pissing me off now.

I know I read this somewhere.

It was Nelson saying that Najera would be back around the all-star break and Eschmeyer would be slightly longer than that.

That'll be well over 8 weeks for Eschmeyer and Najera.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:03 AM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I must have dreamt reading that about Nelson saying it would be around the all-star break for Eschmeyer and Najera's return to action.

Anyway, found this at the FWST site under Maverick Notes:

Briefly

• Dr. Tarek Souryal, the Mavericks' team physician, said center Evan Eschmeyer should be able to resume practicing in two weeks. Eschmeyer, who has played in only two games this season, had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Nov. 19.

Najera's surgery, if I remember correctly, was done on December 6th, so you have to figure he's around 2 weeks behind Eschmeyer's return. Unless his is healing differently, faster, etc.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:39 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

<< Unless his is healing differently, faster, etc. >>

And the Attitude.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:54 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Besides Eddie's attitude he has a couple of more things going for him in reguards to recovering faster than Esh.

1) Eddie is carrying less weight than Esh
2) Eddie is in better shape and a much better overall athelete than Esh
Old 12-20-2002, 12:59 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

LRB, you're right. (Consider also the twins factor)
Old 12-20-2002, 01:08 PM   #13
LRB
Guru

<< LRB, you're right. (Consider also the twins factor) >>

Chiwas of cource I should have thought of that. With the twins stopping by to give Esh sponge baths until he's well it'll be at least another month or two before he's back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 01:17 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Oh I agree. Najera quite obviously is gifted with metaphysical healing powers beyond those of average humans. He'd be back today, but Nelson told him to save his divinity for later in the season. I heard that once Najera is on his feet again, he's planning to walk across the Atlantic Ocean, lay his hands on a million Somalians and cure the world of AIDS. Then he'll rid the world of terrorism and cast a plague upon Iraq. After he's done with that, he'll command the Angels to fly him back to Dallas just in time for another Mavericks game, where he'll play mediocre basketball, scoring two points and grabbing three boards in fifteen minutes of hard scrappy action.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 01:20 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

<< Chiwas of cource I should have thought of that. With the twins stopping by to give Esh sponge baths until he's well it'll be at least another month or two before he's back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

The contract says twins are only going to work on Eddie's rehabilitation, and they'll have a bonus if he returns on time to stop Weber or Yao in January.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:45 PM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

&quot;Oh I agree. Najera quite obviously is gifted with metaphysical healing powers beyond those of average humans. He'd be back today, but Nelson told him to save his divinity for later in the season. I heard that once Najera is on his feet again, he's planning to walk across the Atlantic Ocean, lay his hands on a million Somalians and cure the world of AIDS. Then he'll rid the world of terrorism and cast a plague upon Iraq. After he's done with that, he'll command the Angels to fly him back to Dallas just in time for another Mavericks game, where he'll play mediocre basketball, scoring two points and grabbing three boards in fifteen minutes of hard scrappy action.&quot;

It´s hard to write good sarcasms. I enjoyed these. Really. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 03:36 PM   #17
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< &quot;Oh I agree. Najera quite obviously is gifted with metaphysical healing powers beyond those of average humans. He'd be back today, but Nelson told him to save his divinity for later in the season. I heard that once Najera is on his feet again, he's planning to walk across the Atlantic Ocean, lay his hands on a million Somalians and cure the world of AIDS. Then he'll rid the world of terrorism and cast a plague upon Iraq. After he's done with that, he'll command the Angels to fly him back to Dallas just in time for another Mavericks game, where he'll play mediocre basketball, scoring two points and grabbing three boards in fifteen minutes of hard scrappy action.&quot;

It´s hard to write good sarcasms. I enjoyed these. Really.
>>

Funny. I think you BOTH scored on that one.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:56 AM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Eschmeyer = Fibroid cystosis. No big deal. If you really want to know more pm me and I'll answer next week when I get back from my skiing week. Later.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote