Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-01-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

It's looking more and more likely that Lewis will end up back with Seattle.

So, looking forward...what is our plan B?

I've heard of us going after B. Russell and maybe trying Oakley.

But I have not heard anyone mention the one guy I would like to see in a Mavericks uniform...Darvin Ham.

I love this kids game...he's all about heart and the dude is tenacious when it comes to getting his hands on the ball and finishing strong on the low blocks.

I now he is a unrestricted free agent. I wonder if he would want to come back to Texas. And how much is he asking for?

The best of worlds would be for Dallas to somehow split the exception with Ham and Russell and then talk Oakley into signing a for the vet minimum.

Honestly...If it came down to it. I would rather have Ham than most free agents left including Clark.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

get us that Drew Gooden guy - he would fit fine in our "utah is a great city ..." lineup [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Dooby on Darvin Ham:

Yeah, the 2.8 rebounds and 3.4 points per game is just what the Mavericks need.

If you bareley crack double-digits in points per 48 minutes and can't get more than 8 boards per 48 minutes, then you can't shoot and you can't rebound and are, thus, a spare and don't deserve anything but the league minimum.

He plays less, scores less rebounds less, have fewer steals and fewer assists than Adrian Griffin. Why should we waste our time? Actually, per 48 minutes, Grif's stats are pretty similar. I just don't see why we need another player just like him when we just let one go in Buck.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

You can't go off the guys stats alone.

That's like trying to read Najera stats and saying "Why should we re-sign him?"

If you haven't noticed he wasn't really a go too guy in Milwaukee.
Not with the players and many different options the had on offense.

Old 08-01-2002, 01:10 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You resign Najera because he is one of our own.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:13 PM   #6
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

You resign Najera because he is one of our own.

I totally agree. But my point is you can't judge someone value by there stats alone. Najera is a great example of this.

Old 08-01-2002, 01:17 PM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< You can't go off the guys stats alone.

That's like trying to read Najera stats and saying &quot;Why should we re-sign him?&quot;

If you haven't noticed he wasn't really a go too guy in Milwaukee.
Not with the players and many different options the had on offense.
>>

1. Milwaukee was a disaster last year. They didn't make the playoffs in the pathetic East. If Ham could have contributed more, I think they would have used him.

2. Since you brought up Najera, Najera played more, scored more, rebounded much more and had more steals than Darvin Ham. Besides, he is 3 years younger and has played in the current system for 2 years and &quot;is one of our own&quot;.

Regardless, the point about Ham is that he isn't worth half the mid-level exception. If he were, we would have kept Buck instead. Or at least tried to (we made absolutely no effort to keep him). If Nellie wants him for the minimum; sure.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:45 PM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Ham is a worthless, worthless NBA player.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:20 PM   #9
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

How about this paln B?

trade NVE to Miami for Eddie Jones
use exception on backup pg
pg FA's Greg Anothy, Best, McInnis(not likely) or Damon Jones

C LaFrentz / Bradley / Esch
PF Dirk / Wang / Najera
SF Fin / TAW
SG Jones / Griff / SEK
PG Nash / FA / AJ

I'm sure it wouldn't be that easy of a trade, but Jones would fit good. It doesn't help our rebounding a lot, but improves our D significantly.

I don't like Fin at SF, but he's a better rebounder than eddie, and an inch taler. I would rather see this happen than the NY deal. This way no high salary bench riders, and I don't think Kurt would make that much of an impact. Jones would improve d, can run the floor, and is a good shooter

Also of FA pg, only McInnis would draw entire exeption, so there would probably be a little left over

It won't happen, but much better option than NY trade
Old 08-01-2002, 03:24 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think in order not to like Ham u havent seen him play. He hustles and why should we resign him? We should resign him because he hustles and is a big guy. I dont think we should sign him for half of our exception tho more like the vet minimum if possible. I think when Blond Bomber made the comparison I think he was saying like what Philly did with Buckner. I know some 6ers fans were shy why should we sign Buck by lookin at his stats.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:48 PM   #11
Maverick Tattoo Man

Maverick Tattoo Man is on a distinguished road

Good point about Ham. He is undersized also, same with Buckner. He does have alot of heart, to make up for size and skill.
Maverick Tattoo Man is offline   Reply With Quote