Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-01-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default How to transition Terry?

Is Terry transitioning to the 2 now? I definitely believe we will see a backcourt of Harris/Terry next year.
Terry is a clutch shooter and far less streaky than Fin.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:How to transition Terry?

Don't expect Fin to fall out of the starting lineup anytime soon.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:31 PM   #3
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

If it aint broke dont fix it. I'm not calling for Fin to drop his starting spot now. It just seems Terry's focus has shifted from playmaker to scorer...not that it ever was different. Fin's gonna win this Mavs team a few games in the playoffs if he catches fire. We'll probably see Stack be moved next off season and Terry will take up the 6th man mantel.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see more of Devin Harris, and please don't let Fin bring up the ball.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:31 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How to transition Terry?

No terry is too short for the 2. Not interested.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:54 AM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: birdsanctuary
If it aint broke dont fix it. I'm not calling for Fin to drop his starting spot now. It just seems Terry's focus has shifted from playmaker to scorer...not that it ever was different. Fin's gonna win this Mavs team a few games in the playoffs if he catches fire. We'll probably see Stack be moved next off season and Terry will take up the 6th man mantel.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see more of Devin Harris, and please don't let Fin bring up the ball.
I see absolutely no reason to move Stack. Besides, the only way Devin moves back into the starting lineup is if he becomes a better playmaker than Terry, which as far as I can see is a ways away.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:43 AM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I don't think we will see a Harris/Terry backcourt for prolonged periods of time. They will probably there only in end games when the Mavs need ball handlers out there. I don't think that's AJ's style. That's more of Nellie.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #7
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

A Harris/Terry backcourt is great if the team is trapping our guards in the backcourt so we'll have two very good ball handlers to bring it up, but I don't want to see the backcourt for long periods.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I"m not so sure that a trapping defense would be the best time either. I'll take a tall guy who can handle it, dirk/kvh/josh as being an outlet to bring it up than necessarily jason/devin... I see jason/devin being used when jason may be hot and they have two smallish pg's that are focusing on jet, getting him free for small chunks of time.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote