Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-08-2002, 06:48 PM   #1
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Ok..we're open for predictions and comments.

I'm still hoping to hold them under 90. I expect us to score around 108 and am hoping to see Fin step up.

The best thing would be to see us put 4 sustained good quarters together.

And to come out of this game HEALTHY.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:44 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

There's a little bit of confusion here. On Espn, it already said the game had started, and Chicago was up 2 nothin. I thought it was a typo until I went on NBA.COM. It didn't have a score, but it said they was in the 1st quarter. Now I ask you, is this a coincidence, or something bigger?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 08:31 PM   #3
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< There's a little bit of confusion here. On Espn, it already said the game had started, and Chicago was up 2 nothin. I thought it was a typo until I went on NBA.COM. It didn't have a score, but it said they was in the 1st quarter. Now I ask you, is this a coincidence, or something bigger? >>

Online sites are having problems. Not unusually unfortunately. Its 15-6 Dallas. Bradley closing down the lane, Dirk is abusing the babies. Nash and Finley are looking nice and active.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 08:38 PM   #4
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Bradley needs to get to Curry. He's doing a good job on help defense but not so good on the man-to-man.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:53 PM   #5
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Walt looking good too...34-20 at half...starting the 3rd well.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:55 PM   #6
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< Walt looking good too...34-20 at half...starting the 3rd well. >>

That's 34-20 at the end of the 1st quarter. &lt;&lt;tries to imagine the Mavs scoring 34 points in a half @.@&gt;&gt;
Old 11-08-2002, 08:58 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

How's it look?

Looks like Fin can't buy a bucket again. *sigh* Bad shots??
Old 11-08-2002, 09:04 PM   #8
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< How's it look?

Looks like Fin can't buy a bucket again. *sigh* Bad shots??
>>

Looks good actually. Bradley playing point center the last couple of possessions. Finley has started going to the basket which is what got him from 2-8 to 4-10. Hopefully he'll keep it up. Other than Fin's shot being off, I can't think of a single thing to complain about right now. Even with Nash sitting, the offense is running well, the defense is effective. It's all good.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:05 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I haven't really seen any bad shots he has tookin though I haven't watched the whole game so far though. Anyone mind tellin me who was the poster who said Walt will take the Danny Manning role of this team? Boy where they wrong this guy is lookin like he could take Nick's position as our 6th man. Not taking anything away from Nick I am pleased with our bench but I am a bit dissapoitned in Griffen. I am sure he is gonna come through just don't konw when.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:06 PM   #10
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Damn. Finley just flubbed an alley-oop. That was sad.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:11 PM   #11
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Oh and too be clear, Fin's shot selection hasn't been too bad. A couple that were not so good, but for the most part he just seems to be in a major shooting slump. For all his hot shooting from the field, Dirk is having problems at the line (2-4 so far)
Old 11-08-2002, 09:17 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Just looking at the game stats live, Williams and Bradley are looking good.

Not sure how Bradley misses those layups like he does, but what a relief to see him playing like he was 2 years ago.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:18 PM   #13
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Nice sign. Refs just called one of the most bogus fouls on Bradley I have ever seen and he didn't do anything that would give the refs the slightest excuse to T him up.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:19 PM   #14
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< Just looking at the game stats live, Williams and Bradley are looking good.

Not sure how Bradley misses those layups like he does, but what a relief to see him playing like he was 2 years ago.
>>

Is that the lay-up before Najera got the offensive rebound and the foul? In that case there were about 5 guys jostling around the basket and it was more a missed tip than a lay up.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:27 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Are you getting bored?

Wait for the Lakers....

(62-42)
Old 11-08-2002, 09:42 PM   #16
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

What the hell. Dirk is 3-6 from the free throw line.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:45 PM   #17
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

The refs ought to stop this game. The way the Mavs are abusing the Bulls ought to be illegal.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:49 PM   #18
Chiwas
Guru

Getting worse 76-45
Old 11-08-2002, 09:50 PM   #19
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Bradley has a fair amount of rebounds but I swear he would have TWICE as many if he wasn't fumbling around so much. He IS trying and I like that.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:59 PM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

What would be scary is if Bradley gets a triple-double.

8pts, 9rbs, 7blks

Another double-double for Dirk.

I'm glad to see that Fin has gotten to the ft line a couple times tonight since he's shooting so poorly again. PLUS, he's rebounding and assisting and that's what he needs to do when shooting poorly.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:01 PM   #21
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Commentators just brought up a problem. Bradley's at 28 minutes now. Dirk's at 24. Mavs have another game, against their toughest opponent yet tomorrow night. Nash and Finley will be well rested, but Nelson can't get both Bradley and Dirk rested since if he sits both, he's going to have Najera or Williams as Center. And Chicago has enough length that in that situation they could actually make a run.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:03 PM   #22
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I said Williams would be the Manning of this team I meant it cause is an older guy (33, I think, and obviously with more range than Manning) with a history of injury problems.

I just didn't think Nellie would give him many minutes on this team. He has a sweet stroke though.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:08 PM   #23
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'd think he could sit both Dirk and Bradley for a few minutes right now and see how it goes with Najera or Williams at center.

If they make a serious run, bring one of them in.

What about Eschmeyer, he was listed as probable tonight, is he suited up at all? Figuring it was the Bulls, they could sit him another game and give the knee a rest.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:09 PM   #24
Chiwas
Guru

Mavs are playing so small that I think N&aacute;jera is now the center.

The bench keeping the 30 points lead.

Edit. 35 points now. It's a massacre.

Old 11-08-2002, 10:15 PM   #25
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well. 25 mins for Dirk count as rested. 31 for Bradley is another story, but atleast it´s that early in the season he should be able to have another 20 quality minutes for next night.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:17 PM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Double-double for Walt Williams. 11pts, 10rbs
Old 11-08-2002, 10:17 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Now N&aacute;jera is playing point guard and Avery as center.

Edit: 40 points lead and Hamilton (ups, Harrington)watching the game in tv. What a waste.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:24 PM   #28
MavsFanFinley
Guru

5 minutes to go, 106-73, Mavs in control.

Walt Williams is having a nice game, but is one foul away from fouling out. 13pts, 10rbs and a block in 23 minutes of play.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:25 PM   #29
jade

jade is on a distinguished road

the bench keeping the 30 point lead but having 6 turnovers
in 6 minutes. dallas had only 3 to in 3 quarters
jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:27 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Sheesh, we're having out pockets picked out there right now.

Griffin has 3 turnovers now, AJ 2 in a row.

Still a comfortable lead with under 4 minutes to play.

Too bad it doesn't reflect how we really crushed the Bulls tonight.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:30 PM   #31
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Sorry Hoops...they haven't made a run at us.

Everyone has played well.

Sorry for the 34-20 &quot;halftime&quot; post. There's a bit of a party on here and I was trying to post fast.

great night (even if it was the bulls)

Walt has definitely impressed me with this performance...Eddie too...and Avery...and on and on.

Held em to 87 !
Old 11-08-2002, 10:35 PM   #32
Chiwas
Guru

First time in Mavs' history to start 5-0.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:38 PM   #33
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Awesome game!
Awesome season!!
The Mavs are on their way!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:39 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Bradley has a fair amount of rebounds but I swear he would have TWICE as many if he wasn't fumbling around so much. He IS trying and I like that. >>

Geezz david, how can you criticize him?? Then a back-handed compliment. He did a hell of a lot more than &quot;try&quot; today. He was a major, major defensive force in there. I don't mind calling bradley out when he stinks but tonight he was the 3rd of the big three.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:44 PM   #35
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

Dirk w/ 24 points in 24 minutes, incredulous!
Old 11-08-2002, 11:16 PM   #36
MavsManiac

MavsManiac is on a distinguished road

Double-double for Dirk, double-double for Williams, and believe it or not, Bradley was on pace for his 7th career triple-double if not for needing to rest for tomorrow nite's game...

nice game, just what the doctor ordered... rest the starters for tough game vs Detroit... gotta flex my vocal chords, they're gonna need us fans to charge 'em up, I think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

oh... on Fin blowing the alley-oop... I've counted 3 such plays this season... he just kinda lobs it up, doesn't catch &amp; SLAM! like he should... gotta work on that!

fun one tonite... 5-0... of course, with the sked, that was expected...
Old 11-08-2002, 11:41 PM   #37
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

i didn't see the game why did NVE only play 9 minutes in a blowout?
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 11:44 PM   #38
MavsManiac

<< i didn't see the game why did NVE only play 9 minutes in a blowout? >>

didn't need him... plus, tougher game tomorrow nite... better to rest him &amp; let AJ shake off the rust a bit...
Old 11-08-2002, 11:56 PM   #39
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<<

<< Bradley has a fair amount of rebounds but I swear he would have TWICE as many if he wasn't fumbling around so much. He IS trying and I like that. >>

Geezz david, how can you criticize him?? Then a back-handed compliment. He did a hell of a lot more than &quot;try&quot; today. He was a major, major defensive force in there. I don't mind calling bradley out when he stinks but tonight he was the 3rd of the big three.
>>

Were you watching the game? If you were, then you know what I'm talking about. The ball would come right to him and he would drop it and it would either go out of bounds or to one of the Bulls. It is maddening to watch. He, seriously, should have had TWICE as many rebounds and the Bulls would have had less points and rebounds, if Bradley could hold onto the ball. Last year I didn't see much effort. This year, he is trying. That's a major improvement. Now they need to work on basic ballhandling drills to get him comfortable with the ball in his hands. He was clutzy tonight and still put up numbers.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:00 AM   #40
MavsManiac

<< He, seriously, should have had TWICE as many rebounds and the Bulls would have had less points and rebounds, if Bradley could hold onto the ball. Last year I didn't see much effort. This year, he is trying. That's a major improvement. Now they need to work on basic ballhandling drills to get him comfortable with the ball in his hands. He was clutzy tonight and still put up numbers. >>

Anyone know a good transplant doc that could fuse NVE's hands onto Bradley? now THAT would be a monster! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]