Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Post Game Comments - Kings vs Mavs Game 3

Mavericks Head Coach Don Nelson
The Mavericks showed up tonight. I was glad to see that. It was a nice game for us. I think our shooting percentage could have been a little better. We didn’t shoot it very well the last six minutes of the game and I thought it brought it down a little bit.

Our hands were really active and we did a lot of good things defensively. We followed our game plan and made the adjustments that we thought would be good for us.

A big factor in the game was that they didn’t play very well. We know that feeling. We didn’t play very well in game one, especially in the fourth quarter.

There were some ups and downs, but I still think it’s going to be a really good series.

We did a good job following our game plan and keep them guessing. They were pretty successful and caught us a couple times in between guesses. I thought we were pretty active in steals. We had 19 steals, which is a lot for a playoff game. There were a lot of turnovers. We were good, but they weren’t as good as they normally are.

On Marquis Daniels:
I think an awful lot of him; he’s really a neat kid. I gave him some opportunities and we talked about some mistakes he was making like bringing the ball too close to the basket. He took what was there and really settled down in the second half. He afforded me to play the game without Nash, when he was in foul trouble. We did more things through him tonight. He responded with an excellent game.

On offensive rebounding:
I thought Najera was terrific when he was in the game. His line looks terrible. Josh Howard had 14 rebounds, but hasn’t been able to make a shot. He was quite a factor with his athleticism and playing hard. Everybody else chipped in very nicely.

On holding Christie and Stojakovic to a total of 12 points:
There are two parts to the game. I thought are defense was solid in game two and we still lost because our offense wasn’t where it needed to be. We had a bit of an emphasis on trying to make some corrections on how they were playing us. I think we did a good job in both areas.

Mavericks Forward Antawn Jamison
We felt like we let two games slip away in Sacramento and we wanted to come in and defend our home court. We knew that they were going to come in and try to steal one. We wanted to bring a lot of energy in than those guys and feed off the fans and guys did that tonight.

On the Sixth Man Award: It’s a very special award. It’s nice to be recognized for my commitment and the things that I did this year. It’s something I will cherish for a while.

On playing on the home court: In this series it is important. I think you have two of the best teams who will defend their home court. Offensively, both teams find a way to get it done at home and the crowd brings a lot of energy. I think home court is a big advantage.

Sacramento Head Coach Rick Adelman
On the Kings’ deficiencies that led to the blowout:
They got 25 more shots than we did. I don’t know how you expect to win that game. I don’t think I have ever seen my team have 11 assists and 26 turnovers. It is usually the opposite. We have to go back to having better ball movement. They still only shot 40-percent, but they killed us on the offensive boards.

On the Kings’ low offensive production:
We have to have more movement. We had three big guys play 70-plus minutes and get two assists; that’s not how we play, so we are going to have to take a long look at that and see why that is happening. Unless they became, Detroit, Indiana, and San Antonio rolled into one, a lot of it has to do with us. We are going to have to look long at why we aren’t getting more production from everybody and getting better shots.

Sacramento Guard Mike Bibby
On playing through his injury:
I am not going to use any excuses. I am still playing. Like it says on TV, ‘Win or go home.’ You might not get another chance at this.

On the play of Marquis Daniels for Dallas:
He hit some tough shots and he got a lot lay ups. He played a nice game.

Sacramento Forward Chris Webber
On the Mavericks’ aggressive play in the third quarter:
I think we have to give them all the credit. It is important how teams come out in the third quarter. They played a great game and they took it from us.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Post Game Comments - Kings vs Mavs Game 3

Quote:
Our hands were really active and we did a lot of good things defensively.
This was the key. When the best offensive in the league also plays defense, who can stop it?
Old 04-25-2004, 08:06 PM   #3
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Post Game Comments - Kings vs Mavs Game 3

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
Our hands were really active and we did a lot of good things defensively.
This was the key. When the best offensive in the league also plays defense, who can stop it?

The refs.
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote