Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default Finding people on the Internet

I'm trying to track down a friend who has moved, switched jobs, and I've misplaced her number. Evidently she is unlisted, because I can't find her on switchboard, or any of the other phone listing sights. I've googled her, but to no avail.

The only place I think I've found her is on USsearch.com, but it is going to cost me $20 to get the info which I'm not 100% certain is what I am looking for.

So my question is are there any sights similar to ussearch I might be able to use to track someone down.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2004, 11:11 AM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default RE:Finding people on the Internet

I just looked myself up on people-data.com. It shows me twice - one w/one of my VA addresses and one in TX. So, someone from 10 years ago could pay $10 for each address listing and see if any of the leads pan out, but as often as I move... good luck. A background check on that site would cost you $20. It doesn't say what would be included in a background check.

I used USsearch.com too (to see if i come up), and it doesn't show me at all - but there are 15+ listings under my not-so-common name, and my age.

I wonder if there's a book on looking people up? Have you tried the classmates.com thing? My mom found 3 friends on it, so it was worth the investment for her.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:29 AM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: grbh
I'm trying to track down a friend who has moved, switched jobs, and I've misplaced her number. Evidently she is unlisted, because I can't find her on switchboard, or any of the other phone listing sights. I've googled her, but to no avail.

The only place I think I've found her is on USsearch.com, but it is going to cost me $20 to get the info which I'm not 100% certain is what I am looking for.

So my question is are there any sights similar to ussearch I might be able to use to track someone down.

Thanks for the help.
I would have never pegged you as the stalker-type. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Finding people on the Internet

Quote:
My mom found 3 friends on it, so it was worth the investment for her.
Did they owe your mom some bread?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2004, 02:26 PM   #5
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I personally find it disturbing that you can find people's information that easily on the net...
Old 01-29-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: irontoad
I personally find it disturbing that you can find people's information that easily on the net...
agreed
Old 01-29-2004, 03:06 PM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

grbh=stalker.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:08 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: irontoad
I like the fact that the info I found on myself was very outdated on the free sites (good thing I move all the time), but I wouldn't mind if some old college friends looked me up. The info's out there all over the place, you might as well use it.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:08 PM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

they have my birth month and year on there? geez...
Old 01-29-2004, 03:16 PM   #10
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
they have my birth month and year on there? geez...
We have that on here too!

Old 01-29-2004, 03:17 PM   #11
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

is it on here?

you're trying to steal my identity!
Old 01-29-2004, 03:22 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Stalking motherfucker!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:24 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I've found myself in Chicago! I'm a veterinarian there.

There are like 4 or 5 myselfs in the States. Wonder if I can cross the border without being pursued.

Old 01-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #14
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

So I'm trying to get an updated phone number on Monic Seles and Jodie Foster, big deal. I would hardly consider that stalking.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:54 PM   #15
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
is it on here?

you're trying to steal my identity!
LOL No, thank you!

You're the one who posted your age and birthday along with the rest of us! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 04:10 PM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
So I'm trying to get an updated phone number on Monic Seles and Jodie Foster, big deal. I would hardly consider that stalking.
One of our members actually found a number for Dirk, but he's moved since then. She never even shared it with me!!
Old 01-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
Quote:
One of our members actually found a number for Dirk, but he's moved since then. She never even shared it with me!!
I would put 20 dollars on that being a fib.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:53 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I now fear many more of you than previously........

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #19
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Why do you fear us, sike, AKA Mr. Teve Torbes of 123 Fake Street?

mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mercury_rev
Quote:

funny rev......

I'm sure this has its honest uses, but it is kinda creepy how easy it is to get people's info here in the information age...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:38 PM   #21
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: mercury_rev
Quote:

funny rev......

I'm sure this has its honest uses, but it is kinda creepy how easy it is to get people's info here in the information age...
And you can do a criminal background check on the State's website - costs $2+ a record. I think it's always good to know if a potential date is wanted for high crimes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 05:52 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
My mom found 3 friends on it, so it was worth the investment for her.
Did they owe your mom some bread?

LOL, no, but they were good friends in high school, and now they enjoy writing and visiting and talking on the phone. One is a musician in California, one works at the Pentagon (i think?)....

By "bread" did you mean "dough" (money)? I understand you, my friend, no matter how you word things. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of running into lost friends:

My friend and long-term lab partner in college worked for his dad putting up gigantic flag poles around the country. He drove this very distinctive van, painted w/the American flag, company name, phone number., etc. Anyway, I saw this van THREE times in my neighborhood or near work (within a few weeks time). So, the last time (my roommate and I were speeding past it heading north on 121) I dialed the number and talked to his dad and got his new number.

I figure it might be some kind of a sign that I'm supposed to call and say hi. I knew him thru his first marriage, divorce, eventual re-marriage, birth of his first child. How did we lose touch? It'd be neat to catch up, if nothing else. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]