Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-02-2003, 12:01 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

anyone interested? anyone seen it?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2003, 12:05 PM   #2
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Goin' to see it on Sunday, looks pretty damn cool. I'm looking forward most to seeing the special effects done for Nightcrawler.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:09 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

RT critics' reviews..
79 good, 9 bad... 90%

Not as high as LOTR, but, one of the higher rated movies in awhile.

Almost across the board, critics are saying it's far superior to the first.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:13 PM   #4
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Xmen is overrated.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:19 PM   #5
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Oh yea forgot to state "I am not a Xmen Fan." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 01:16 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

can't see it tonight, but may see it tomorrow (if i get done stripping wallpaper in my new house). it should be great. a few things i've heard:

SPOILERS, kind of.

wolverine actually uses his claws on humans, rather than just on machines, or to cut guns and stuff.

i heard it was much better than the first, mainly because the first had to spend a lot of time on setup, and didn't have that much action. this one apparently has a good bit of action.

all the previews look amazing. anyone see the clip of colossus? too cool.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:08 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

somehow X-men doesn't strike me as a good date movie.

i probably won't see it.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:59 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll probably see it for the special effects alone.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 05:28 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< somehow X-men doesn't strike me as a good date movie. >>

Well that depends on whether both parties are mutants or not. I'm sure someone like Dennis Rodman would enjoy it if he could find a female mutant. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2003, 07:11 PM   #10
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

I went and saw it on Wednesday, and i couldn't believe that no one else
had started a thread about it.
It's awesome. Colossus looks so freaking cool, I hope they use his character
more in the next one. Nightcrawler is fantastic. I really like Alan Cumming.
There is a lot more action, but not boring action. It'll be one that I'll go
and see again.
The one thing that dissapointed me is the lack of Gambit...AGAIN!!!

And what are you getting at smiles? I saw it with my boyfriend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Granted, we don't really do dates anymore.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 08:50 PM   #11
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

There are more reasons to go to a cinema than to date someone, sweets!

At least someone told me there would be ...
Old 05-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #12
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I saw it over the weekend.

It was pretty good. Need more nightcrawler in the next movie. Maybe start making Wolverine movies by himself. I recommend to everyone, even the people wanting to bring a date.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:20 PM   #13
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Question: Is is recommended to see the first X-men before you see this one?
Old 05-06-2003, 12:31 PM   #14
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

You don't need to see the first movie to see X2. There are a few things that are explained in the first movie, but the plot is not dependant on the first movie.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:51 PM   #15
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I saw it last night. It was really good, definitely better than the first one. The Nightcrawler effect is freaking awesome. Pyro's going to turn out to be one interesting character.

Did you all catch all the &quot;cameos&quot; by some of the other (future?) X-men? Remy LeBeau (sp?-Gambit) on the computer, Dr. Hank McCoy (Beast) on the TV.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:21 PM   #16
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I saw Remy in the credits, but I just totally missed him in the movie.
I saw Jubilee again, she was hanging around in the background in the 1st one too.
There better be a third one. I saw Hugh Jackman talking about it on TV, and
he sounded pretty certain, but said he hasn't had a phone call yet, though he was prepared
to start rumours that it was going to be filmed in Sydney (all lies, but it would be AWESOME)

Maringa, you definitely don't need to see the 1st one, but you should, purely because it's
a great movie.

edit: because i'm an idiot and i said Grant instead of Jackman [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 05-06-2003, 06:49 PM   #17

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Saw it over the weekend and thought it was pretty good. Like veruca, I wish there could've been more gambit and collosus. The nightcrawler effects were pretty cool. I knew Pyro would turn out the way he did because of in all of the X-men games i've played.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 09:36 PM   #18
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< There are more reasons to go to a cinema than to date someone, sweets!

At least someone told me there would be ...
>>

i didn't think i wanted to spend the $ on it for myself, but i've heard such great reviews from my people - so i might go, if my friends were going.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:00 AM   #19
Drbio
Banned

<< You don't need to see the first movie to see X2. There are a few things that are explained in the first movie, but the plot is not dependant on the first movie. >>

There's a plot? I thought it was just eye candy.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:44 AM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

well, gambit isn't actually IN the movie, just his name. apparently, they did film a cameo with jackman's stunt double playing gambit, but it's not in the movie.

word is the guy who plays colossus has signed for an X3... more colossus would be awesome! also, would love to see gambit and beast (beast had a cameo in this movie)... word is they didn't do beast because they already had two blue characters in this movie. for the next one, i saw get rid of mystique. she's already been in 2, no need for any more... bring in a new villain.

i watched the first one again last night on DVD, and it kind of bugged me that they had different actors in the sequel for shadowcat, pyro, and jubilee. also, pyro was blonde in the first one (like his comic counterpart), but not in the second. not that big a deal, but it bugged me for continuity's sake.

plus i used to be a comic geek. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 05:47 PM   #21
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I was really bugged by the whole different actors caper too, especially Pyro. Big Boy, you're not alone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Though I do think the second Pyro was a better fit, he a a certain sinister charm...and the looks
of a young Julian Casablancas.

Smile like you mean it
Old 05-08-2003, 08:17 AM   #22
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i saw it last night with my gf. GREAT movie. thought it was tons better than the first one and the special effects were off the hook.

just fantastic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

maybe they should have gotten this guy to play colossus...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 10:44 AM   #24
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I was looking for the Gambit cameo, didn't see it. Which one is Jubilee? I don't remember seeing her.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:58 AM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i think they referenced her by name in this one... but i don't remember exactly. She was the asian girl wearing the big hoop earrings. she was a little easier to spot on the first one, cause she was wearing that big yellow jacket of hers.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:41 AM   #26
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Saw it this afternoon. I liked the movie, but glad I went in the afternoon where I didn't have to pay full price. Otherwise it would not have been worth it.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:18 PM   #27
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i got in free, but i defenitely would say it would be worth the price of admission. and more!

it was a great movie, and i guess i liked it even more cause i used to read these comics as a kid.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:13 PM   #28
ames7
Diamond Member

I actually saw it on a friend's computer; she downloaded a bootleg. It was pretty decent quality, but I liked the movie enough where I think I might pay &amp; see it again in the theatre. It's probably better on the big screen w/the fx.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:20 PM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

th-th-th-that's illegal, ames! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

yeah, i'd defnitely recommend seeing it on the big screen.

i want to know what our resident comic man, MFFL, thought of it.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:03 PM   #30
ames7
Diamond Member

What can I say, Laroux, I live life on the edge. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yeah, I'm going to take my brother this weekend. I'll take the opportunity to play spot-the-cameo.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:08 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

<< I actually saw it on a friend's computer; she downloaded a bootleg. It was pretty decent quality, but I liked the movie enough where I think I might pay &amp; see it again in the theatre. It's probably better on the big screen w/the fx. >>

Where do these things come from???
Old 05-12-2003, 11:37 PM   #32
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Saw it tonight gave it a B+. Rebecca Ramos is so hot.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:55 AM   #33
ames7
Diamond Member

<< Where do these things come from??? >>

You know, I've been asking around about the best systems to use. I only have Kazaa, which isn't great for movies. My friend uses something called Mirc, which is excellent, but complicated &amp; just a little too much trouble for me to bother with. Anyone else have a suggestion?
Old 05-13-2003, 07:36 AM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

do you mean where do they come from originally? i assume that someone with access to the reel makes bootleg copies. also, people have been known to take cameras into theaters (someone was recently arrested doing so).
Old 05-13-2003, 09:04 AM   #35
LRB
Guru

<< do you mean where do they come from originally? i assume that someone with access to the reel makes bootleg copies. also, people have been known to take cameras into theaters (someone was recently arrested doing so). >>

I've even heard of copies showing the heads of people in silohette as the pass in front of the camera.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:15 PM   #36
Smiles
Diamond Member

<<

<< do you mean where do they come from originally? i assume that someone with access to the reel makes bootleg copies. also, people have been known to take cameras into theaters (someone was recently arrested doing so). >>

I've even heard of copies showing the heads of people in silohette as the pass in front of the camera.
>>

you can get bootleg copies in Maylaysia for 50 cents. some are excellent quality. some are pretty bad - made from inside the theater.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:40 PM   #37
LRB
Guru

<< you can get bootleg copies in Maylaysia for 50 cents. some are excellent quality. some are pretty bad - made from inside the theater. >>

OK Smiles now you're making me worry about you being corrupted by the Dark Side. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 05:08 PM   #38
ames7
Diamond Member

My brother managed to get a version of LotR TTT that is DVD quality from the copy they circulated for the Academy Awards people. The beginning actually has a screen that says &quot;For Academy Use Only.&quot;

I had a version of FotR that someone obviously filmed from inside the theatre, only they sat off to the side, so the picture was skewed. So sometimes you get dizzy when you watch the battle scenes.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:03 PM   #39
Smiles
Diamond Member

<<

<< you can get bootleg copies in Maylaysia for 50 cents. some are excellent quality. some are pretty bad - made from inside the theater. >>

OK Smiles now you're making me worry about you being corrupted by the Dark Side. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

i'd make a perfect front for such an enterprize. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 10:46 PM   #40
LRB
Guru

<<

<<

>>

i'd make a perfect front for such an enterprize. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

What better than a candycane to lure in the suckers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]