Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice
Default Collison, James, Roddy

Are Collison and Jamesso much better than Roddy that Roddy shouldn't see the floor? I would like to see him in the rotation so that I can see the difference for myself. RC made a committment to James and allowed him to play without having to look over his shoulder. I would like to see Roddy in the same situation so that I can get a good perspective him. I just don't see such a big difference that two guys play and one sits. James is now the back up 2 guard as well.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Why
Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Apparently Cuban doesn't want to discuss Roddy. Makes me think he's not coming back.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
DGM
Banned

Why
Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
DGM
Banned

Default I saw

I saw for myself what Roddy can do with minutes. Will RC go back to James vs. Thunder.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Are Collison and Jamesso much better than Roddy that Roddy shouldn't see the floor? I would like to see him in the rotation so that I can see the difference for myself. RC made a committment to James and allowed him to play without having to look over his shoulder. I would like to see Roddy in the same situation so that I can get a good perspective him. I just don't see such a big difference that two guys play and one sits. James is now the back up 2 guard as well.
Your wish has been granted. Nice game by the "Rookie".

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf, re-sign Roddy. F-it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Great, Thread, Title

Easy, To, See, What, OP, Wants

Last edited by sefant77; 03-16-2013 at 01:10 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #10
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Think the folks at mavsmoneyball covered the topic pretty well the last couple days. Under Rick it's more important to fit a role rather than being the superior player. Hard to argue when the results are there. And I'd say they still are, because this team, as constructed + Dirk injury, is not playoff caliber. So can't blame the coach if they'll eventually miss them.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 AM   #11
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Think the folks at mavsmoneyball covered the topic pretty well the last couple days. Under Rick it's more important to fit a role rather than being the superior player. Hard to argue when the results are there. And I'd say they still are, because this team, as constructed + Dirk injury, is not playoff caliber. So can't blame the coach if they'll eventually miss them.
You know, up until about 3 weeks ago I was right there with you. Now, I am thinking the team and RC need to go their separate ways. Without Kidd, Casey and Stotts it appears that RC just coaches based on whims or whatever. No real rhyme or reason. It's just because. I am not a giant fan of either Wright or Roddy; however, the whole DNP-CD for half the friggin' season while playing guys who were/are just terrible is the last straw for me.

The guy seems like a huge friggin' hypocrit to me who just jerks players around because he can. No excuse to start Kaman and then play him 2 minutes or 6 minutes in a game. No excuse to see Roddy play fantastic one game and then get the DNP-CD for 3 weeks. Especially in light of the fact that Collison, Mayo, James, etc. are all free agents to be as well. At least Roddy plays some friggin' D and he passes the ball to open guys. Carlisle is always harping about playing better D but he NEVER plays guys who can actually play it in any significant manner. How many minutes did Brewer play when here? How about Dahntay Jones? Roddy?

Oh, what happened to Bernard James? Wright couldn't get in a game because he sucked defensively, yet Mayo rakes in the minutes? Collison rakes in the minutes? Before Marion got hurt he never played the last few minutes of the 4th when stops are at a premium. We can go on and on and on about this but the bottom line is this. Whether or not this team has the talent to make the playoffs is irrelevant because in my opinion this has been an extremely poorly coached team from day 1 and really last year as well. Just one big coaching clusterfu(%.

Last edited by GP; 03-16-2013 at 06:13 AM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #12
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Yes let's get rid of another championship piece in RC. I'm sure Mike Brown or PJ Carlisimo will be available in the offseason.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Wright -- The guy is good, yet Carlisle keeps him on the bench for weeks before dusting him off and watching him go. His efficiency stats and plus/minus suggests he's one of the top 2 or 3 players on the team.

Roddy - nobody remembers, but he had a pretty consistent stretch of solid basketball right before he got permanently yanked for Mike James. Since he's been on the bench so long people make up excuses for why he's there.

Collison - I like Collison better than most, but his defense is frustrating. I think ultimately Collison is a good backup PG, although he should be starting for this team.

Carlisle - this team has underachieved, and there's no excuse for who he chooses to play. He plays guys that fill a role? Okay, what role was Dojo filling when he played the 2nd quarter of the Rockets game when it was still close? I guess it's good coaching to pay a guy meaningful minutes when you know he shouldn't even be in the NBA and waive him a few days later.

He plays favorites with veterans, and I don't think he's capable of developing young players. The "flow" offense is not a good fit, and the spacing on that side of the floor is consistently bad. They have the personnel to stretch the floor out, but the lane is always congested on pick n' roll plays. To be fair, I do think he's a pretty good defensive coach, but I think his overall coaching performance for the year has been poor.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
DGM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Wright -- The guy is good, yet Carlisle keeps him on the bench for weeks before dusting him off and watching him go. His efficiency stats and plus/minus suggests he's one of the top 2 or 3 players on the team.

Roddy - nobody remembers, but he had a pretty consistent stretch of solid basketball right before he got permanently yanked for Mike James. Since he's been on the bench so long people make up excuses for why he's there.

Collison - I like Collison better than most, but his defense is frustrating. I think ultimately Collison is a good backup PG, although he should be starting for this team.

Carlisle - this team has underachieved, and there's no excuse for who he chooses to play. He plays guys that fill a role? Okay, what role was Dojo filling when he played the 2nd quarter of the Rockets game when it was still close? I guess it's good coaching to pay a guy meaningful minutes when you know he shouldn't even be in the NBA and waive him a few days later.

He plays favorites with veterans, and I don't think he's capable of developing young players. The "flow" offense is not a good fit, and the spacing on that side of the floor is consistently bad. They have the personnel to stretch the floor out, but the lane is always congested on pick n' roll plays. To be fair, I do think he's a pretty good defensive coach, but I think his overall coaching performance for the year has been poor.
I was trying to figure out why Roddy was banished to the end of the bench after the all star break. He went from back up point to the end of the bench. There was no explanation and all of the loca media responded like it was perfectly logical. I have no problem with Mike James but he's a 37 year old who wasn't even in the NBA at the start of the season.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Let me say that I agree with others that this overall underwhelming season also includes coaching, but Rick is really the last to blame. As I've said in other threads, not being able to incorporate Kaman (and to some extend also Collison) is something RC shouldn't get a pass on. Not getting the ball to Dirk sans Kidd is another story that they absolutely should have been able to figure out.

On the other hand: We're still playing a Dirk-centric system of course and non-superstar players have to fit in more than the system has to adjust for them. That's why James plays in front of Collison, because he offers more "Kiddness." It's no coincidence that Dirk shoots 48.7% with James on the court, only 41.5% with Collison (Roddy 45.6%, but Dirk's usage drops considerably). 46.3% of James assists go to Dirk, Collison 34.5%, Roddy 31.8%. So if you wanna get the most out of Dirk, James is the statistical choice.

That said, I still think Roddys decision making in the pick and roll is the best among the three (the bar is sure low here) and his on-court chemistry with Dirk tops Collison and James as well, but health and head is always a concern.

In terms of Wright I agree that you gotta be able to find minutes somehow, but his inability to stretch the floor makes him an exclusive five on this team and his playing time is a direct result of Kaman sucking hard. I think Rick could be a bit more flexible here and there, but that's it.

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-16-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #16
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

James is not "so much better" than Roddy at any phase of the game other than throwing post entry passes. In every other area, they are at worst even, or Roddy is considerably better.

But James is old and a "savvy vet" (nevermind that he makes ridiculously horrible decisions all the time), hence PT.

*edit to add* This isn't a compliment to Roddy, who has woefully disappointed time and time again. He's the lesser of two evils.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-16-2013 at 01:16 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I saw for myself what Roddy can do with minutes. Will RC go back to James vs. Thunder.
You saw what he can do when he isn't playing like a puss. Which he has done about 90% of the time he has been an nba player.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
That said, I still think Roddys decision making in the pick and roll is the best among the three (the bar is sure low here) and his on-court chemistry with Dirk tops Collison and James as well, but health and head is always a concern.

In terms of Wright I agree that you gotta be able to find minutes somehow, but his inability to stretch the floor makes him an exclusive five on this team and his playing time is a direct result of Kaman sucking hard. I think Rick could be a bit more flexible here and there, but that's it.
Saw late in the game a pnr with collison/dirk...both defenders went with collison and he still forced some crap up and lost it. Dirk was over there just shaking his head. Saying wth is wrong with you.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
DGM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
James is not "so much better" than Roddy at any phase of the game other than throwing post entry passes. In every other area, they are at worst even, or Roddy is considerably better.

But James is old and a "savvy vet" (nevermind that he makes ridiculously horrible decisions all the time), hence PT.

*edit to add* This isn't a compliment to Roddy, who has woefully disappointed time and time again. He's the lesser of two evils.
"Saint Ricky" mismanaged this player.Rememder the SA playoffs his rookie year.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rick is a damn fine coach. I wouldn't trade him for anybody short of Pop. Everyone makes mistakes and miscalculations.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Totally agree.
So who's the replacement? Avery, PJ Carlesimo, Mike Brown?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #22
DGM
Banned

all coaches screw up. rc is a good coach, he just needs to come off his high horse and admit when he's wrong. i'm not advocating replacing him. i just want to see him lighten up a bit. he seems to believe his own bs. popovich doesn't show that attitude.

when parker got hurt is was next man up, not go get a 37 year old off the scrap heap. player development is a key part of the job. roddy plays well in milwaukee and gets a dnp vs. spurs. rc will play james against westbrook tomorrow and he will run past him the whole first quarter. meanwhile his best defensive guard will be the third man in.

as far as i'm concerned i would have preferred roddy and dojo over fisher and james. those over the hill guys are not going to help get the team back to 50+ win seasons. they are ok to add to the bench of a winning team but in dallas their minutes were stolen from the development of younger guys. i would prefer to see roddy play the minutes and put mike at third in the pg rotation. none of us knows what roddy can do if rc shows some confidence in him.
dnps do not add to a players confidence. its an insult to roddy for james to be getting two guard minutes. that's rc's head games. that's mismanagement of a talented player and that's why i believe that mavs fans will be disappointed in the future when roddy is playing for another team.

its the same thing that boston did with billups... player mismanagement.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Carlisle hasn't mismanaged anything with roddy. In fact he made a collossal screw up imo giving him so much playing time in 2011. Almost cost us.

Roddy plays like a wuss about 90% of the time and I'm dead serious about it. Last night was a different player and it had nothing to do with whether he was being given time or not, he played differently.

If he plays aggressively and not like a wuss, he will get plenty of playing time.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
DGM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Carlisle hasn't mismanaged anything with roddy. In fact he made a collossal screw up imo giving him so much playing time in 2011. Almost cost us.

Roddy plays like a wuss about 90% of the time and I'm dead serious about it. Last night was a different player and it had nothing to do with whether he was being given time or not, he played differently.

If he plays aggressively and not like a wuss, he will get plenty of playing time.
How do you play aggressively at the end of the bench? He played well vs bucks an cabs and lot at all vs. wolves and spurs. That's mismanagement of talent.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #25
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

No one gives a crap about scrub ass Roddy or his supposed mismanaging. He's had 4 seasons now and it always ends up with the same ending. Good game, good game, hurt misses 15 games, comes back and doesn't show up in a game for two Weeks, good game, hurt again...
Old 03-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
How do you play aggressively at the end of the bench? He played well vs bucks an cabs and lot at all vs. wolves and spurs. That's mismanagement of talent.
He's been in plenty of games. He's been given time from Carlisle on many, many occasions. But he always reverts to a wuss. Your hyperbole is just that, hyperbole.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #27
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Those criticizing RC's handling of Roddy should look back to the championship year. Roddy was out hurt the 1st half of the season. After the all-star break he was supposed to be our savior. He was force fed minutes and the team struggled. He got hurt at the end, went to the bench and was replaced by Stevenson, and the team got much better.

I love the kid and have high hopes for him, but the only thing he is consistent with is inconsistency.

I am also hesitant to criticize RC because he has much more information. I don't know how hard Roddy works in practice compared to how hard James does. Personally, every time James shot the ball in his 1st ten games, I yelled at the TV "You SUCK!" But he has surprised me by earning his minutes...something he did at Roddy's expense.

I predict that Roddy will get more minutes, then proceed to either throw up wild shots, turn the ball over a lot, or twist his ankle. I have been watching this act for 4 years, and it has grown tiresome.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #28
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

All I know is they have a lot of point guards to choose from till the end. If we get someone like Josh Smith this summer. Keeping these guys at a good price could work.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #29
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
He's been in plenty of games. He's been given time from Carlisle on many, many occasions. But he always reverts to a wuss. Your hyperbole is just that, hyperbole.
Always get a kick out of it when you crown one of your absurd, incessant rants with a concise and dismissive characterization of your own argumentative style.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #30
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes, and he will also likely start Kaman yet again, despite all evidence to the contrary that Kaman has ANY hope of competing against such an athletic team as the Thunder. I, for one, am really getting tired of having to dig out of early holes in every game because the starting lineup is not athletic enough.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #31
j0Shi
Diamond Member

I like to think that knowledge of the true health status of Roddy throughout this season would help a lot on the topic. Last night Rick mentioned health being key for him for at least the second if not third time this season and Roddy himself admitted that he is feeling well but "could be better."

So either I missed it or it never surfaced, but think there has been an issue that has kept him from being 100% for a good bunch of the season (again).
Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #32
DGM
Banned

Makes sense. If so I wonder why so secretive.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #33
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Makes sense. If so I wonder why so secretive.
Trade value? As a favor to Roddy for his value on the open market if they don't plan on keeping him around?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #34
escobar317

escobar317 is a jewel in the roughescobar317 is a jewel in the roughescobar317 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
THIS
escobar317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #35
escobar317

escobar317 is a jewel in the roughescobar317 is a jewel in the roughescobar317 is a jewel in the rough

anthony morrow anyone? Why not give him some tick?
escobar317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #36
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar317 View Post
anthony morrow anyone? Why not give him some tick?
This. Jae Crowder has been garbage since preseason, and still gets a free rotation spot.

Fire Rick Carlisle PLEASE
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #37
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
This. Jae Crowder has been garbage since preseason, and still gets a free rotation spot.

I totally disagree. Jae has been very productive for a 2nd round pick.

On the other hand, I feel terrible for Roddy. I predicted that after that 1 good game against Cleveland, he'd, and I quote myself..I predict that Roddy will get more minutes, then proceed to either throw up wild shots, turn the ball over a lot, or twist his ankle.

The only thing I got wrong was the ankle...he broke a finger instead.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

Agreed...jae is just what you want in a role player, tough heady player. He had some boneheaded plays last night but they were things that many vets have, throwing it cross-court, etc.

He is not a ball-stopper, he makes good quick decisions and he's physical. If he continues to hit the 3ball and work as hard defensively as he can, he'll be a solid rotation player (backup but a rotation player) for a while.

I would like to see him get even more physical than he has.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #39
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wtf? Either can't be serious. OR. Don't understand what you are staring at for 2.5 hours on game day.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

And the other small forward is?? Sheesh...

Tags
myroddybucketisfull