Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-13-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
razap

razap is on a distinguished road
Default Congratulations to Bruce Bowen

All NBA First team Defense. Well deserved Bruce and keep up the good defense.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Congratulations to Bruce Bowen

Keep it up, and don't be afraid to commit dirty plays when you deem it necessary.

Wait, you've never had that problem.

Go Bruce!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE:Congratulations to Bruce Bowen

Congratulations go out to Bruce Bowen for being a complete spare. You've managed to stay in the league by contributing absolutely positively nothing on one side of the ball. You can't pass, you can't shoot, you can't rebound, and you have no handles. All you're good for is an occassional spot up 3 from the corner. Hell, you can't even shoot free throws. Its good to know that there's hope for stiffs like me to make it in the league.

Bruce Bowen, you are my hero.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

No matter how much you hate the guy, and would not like to give him any credit, you have to admit that Bruce Bowen is a good defender.

Call him dirty if you want, but a player will do what the league will allow them to get away with. Afterall, even the great Michael Jordan would travel without a call, but we don't question his greatness (I know extreme example, but I made it anyway).

Congrats Bowen! I hope he won't be available when the Mavs have to play the Spurs.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

kingrex - Everyone admits he's a good defender. But being dirty is hardly comparable to getting away with traveling.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
Congratulations go out to Bruce Bowen for being a complete spare. You've managed to stay in the league by contributing absolutely positively nothing on one side of the ball. You can't pass, you can't shoot, you can't rebound, and you have no handles. All you're good for is an occassional spot up 3 from the corner. Hell, you can't even shoot free throws. Its good to know that there's hope for stiffs like me to make it in the league.

Bruce Bowen, you are my hero.
I think you're selling him short. Don't forget about his uncanny ability to shove his foot underneath someone coming down from a jump shot.

That takes talent!

(and in all serisousness, he can shoot a 3 from the corner pretty well)

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

congrats Bruce

you can suck it
Old 05-13-2005, 04:29 PM   #8

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary

I think you're selling him short. Don't forget about his uncanny ability to shove his foot underneath someone coming down from a jump shot.
That's not all. What about his flying ninja kick he performed on Szczerbiak a while ago? True brilliance. Congratulations Bruce! Put down another All NBA First Team Defense for Karate Kid.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:08 AM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Congrats to Bruce "Lee" Bowen for his non-deserving award.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote