Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavericks Outsider Report Playoff Preview - remote on Thurs, 4/14

Alright y'all, all the details are set... BG and I are going to be broadcasting live on Thursday, 4/14 from Twisted Root Burger on SMU Blvd. in Dallas.

We'll be on from 6-8 PM with a fully loaded playoff preview edition of the Mavericks Outsider Report podcast. Jeff "Skin" Wade and Mark Followill, 2/3 of your friendly home broadcast team, will be stopping by to spit b-ball science into some microphones.

Come out and get a burger & beer, say hi, listen to us jabber on... we'll also be streaming live via Ustream, as usual, if all things work out. Still trying to nail down the internet situation.

And as always, the podcast will be published late that night or the next morning for recorded consumption on Podomatic and iTunes.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to it. Won't be able to listen live but will surely catch the podcast asap.

Last edited by j0Shi; 04-13-2011 at 11:16 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

i'll try to stream, Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I might drop by just to heckle...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I might drop by just to heckle...
If UD does this, I want to see BG or Rhylan pull one of these on the mic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTOKJTRHMdw (note: contains cussing)

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I was about to post a reminder...and then boom, a Sticky...that's hot.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Bulletin board material:

Ford: Blazers over Mavs. I have no faith in Dallas as a playoff team, but I'm not in love with Portland, either. That series is a real toss-up for me.

Adande: Mavericks over Trail Blazers. The Mavericks are a little too one-trick-pony for my tastes -- and what if Dirk Nowitzki has some cold stretches? Portland is so deep and scary after acquiring Gerald Wallace, and LaMarcus Aldridge could cancel out Dirk. But the Blazers were going to be too trendy a pick … and the Mavs can't keep losing in the first round, right?

Abbott: I picked Dallas over Portland. The Mavericks have home court, but the reinvigorated-by-Gerald Wallace Blazers got the opponent they were hoping for. It's a toss-up. And it's possible that I picked against my favorite team because I still have the taste of balut in my mouth from last year.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

why didn't we trade caron and dominique for Wallace?
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

With the uncertainty of the internet situation, I highly recommend making the trip to TRB tonight.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
why didn't we trade caron and dominique for Wallace?
because we don't want a heavy contract.
and because caron will return in the PO...i hope.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

Rhylan is a technical guru, so I think he's found a way to make sure we're OK for the stream...but people still need to come out tonight!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #12
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

BG I was trying to listen to you guys and Skin but it was too choppy. Please post an Itunes link when its up ASAP.
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #13
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Your friendly Sprint 4G service is not conducive to streaming, at least at 75 & SMU Blvd. Pretty good from other places I've tried. Sorry that didn't work out.. it sure looked cool on the webcam locally. If we do another remote, we'll have to work that out.

ANYWAY.. we got a man-sized episode for me to edit. Hopefully will be published on Podomatic and iTunes tonight or some time tomorrow morning.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #14
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Yesterday's episode has been published.. you can get it at http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com or via iTunes.

The sound on the intro is very poor - totally my fault, even after a successful sound check, sometimes shit just happens. Power through it like we did, and after the first minute, you'll find the quality that (I hope) you're accustomed to listening to MOR.
---------------

FINALLY. The playoffs are upon us. Bryan and Rhylan take the TJBC mobile, to Twisted Root Burger on SMU Blvd in Dallas, to do a special Playoff Preview presentation. Jeff "Skin" Wade of ESPN 103.3, and TV Voice of the Mavs, Mark Followill, jump on as guest hosts, and everyone has a lot to say about the playoff outlook for your Mavericks.

Issues with live sound on the intro bring a new meaning to the term "live producing," but we stumbled through it with shoulders square. On the other side, you'll find 140 minutes of densely packed basketball science. Enjoy.. and thanks again to Twisted Root Burger for being such good hosts.

Intro, w/ Skin - Keys for Kidd, Stevenson vs. Roddy B
23:49, w/ Skin - Guard Production, Portland's Pace, Mavs D, JET's Mindset, Marion's Impact
45:30, w/ Skin - Can of Worms (Galloway's Carlisle Article)
58:50, w/ Mark - Can of Worms (CBA, but Not a Nash Hypothetical)
1:16:38, w/ Mark - Mavs Disposition, Guard Matchups
1:35:11, w/ Mark - Deep Stat Divin'
1:57:10, w/ Mark - On the Plane to Portland

Last edited by Rhylan; 04-15-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #15
duboh7

duboh7 has a spectacular aura aboutduboh7 has a spectacular aura about

I listened to you guys' podcast, last night. GOOD STUFF! You really got Mark on a roll, didn't you? :-)
duboh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #16
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

LAL lost, what a happy end of Sunday, now I can go sleep.
They won't be so fresh as I fought against us in 2nd round