Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-18-2002, 02:05 AM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Nash led Canada with 25 points. It was his final game of the summer for Canada after he announced Thursday that he will not play in the World Championships later this month.

Looks like Nashy is still playing great.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:47 PM   #2
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Has anyone heard anything about Wang, has he joined the China Team. It will make things smoother for the Mavs if he has.
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 06:52 PM   #3
KEVIN_NY

KEVIN_NY is on a distinguished road

Last week The roster of Chinese NT for the World Champ Game was announced which included Wang as one of the two substitutes ( 12 members plus 2 substitutes by FIBA requirement). Chinese NT is now in Denver (Wang is not with the team) and will play USA in an exhibition game at Oakland in Aug. 22. The world game starts in Aug. 29.

Reports out of China says CBA officials have told Wang he is welcome to the NT but haven't heard anything from Wang. Meanwhile Wang is currently in LA and talked to a newspaper a few days ago, said he wants to join Chinese NT and play for his country very much, but he haven't heard a thing from CBA so far. Basically both side express good will publicly. Last Friday Chinese NT coach said whether to play Wang should be decided before next week's China-USA exhibition game.

Messy. I have a feeing Wang will not be able to play for NT this year. CBA officials don't want to give the signal of soft on rebellion to other athletes. Plus Wang is an army officer, technically. That makes a severe punishment more justifiable. This could lead to either Wang's surrender to CBA's terms or more serious situation.
Hope I am wrong.
KEVIN_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 12:31 PM   #4
KEVIN_NY

KEVIN_NY is on a distinguished road

From Sportsline.com:

Wang flies to Oakland to meet with Chinese team
KEVIN_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 12:41 PM   #5
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

thank goodness.

I like this:
"Now is precisely the time that your motherland needs you," Gotta love the Chinese. Wish we had rhetoric like that here.

I posted a couple of articles in the other Wang thread rumoring his lack of happiness with Dallas. I was wondering what everyone thought about his happiness and opportunity to grow here in Dallas.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 03:47 PM   #6
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

I think he is positioning for more playing time, I think Mavs need to do just that. Play him early in season and let him improve. IMO Wang's improvemnt COULD do as much as anything to improve the Mavs.

Wang will be a Mavs if Cubes wants him as he is a restricted free agent. DOn needs to work with his playing tiem. All of this small ball stuff can take a back seast for a while to tall ball.
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:05 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie played small ball last year to WIN. If we as fans want him to play bigger ball we may have to settle for more losses and not gripe about it.

I'm a little torn about it, but if it makes us a better rebounding team, then I'm for it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote