Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default Hornets meet with Dallas assistant Casey

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...ines;headlines
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

So....you don't think there is any chance that they hire Avery Johnson?
Old 05-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Dallas better get Casey before the Hornets do.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Dallas better get Casey before the Hornets do.
What? he is the current assistent
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
So....you don't think there is any chance that they hire Avery Johnson?
There is, but its irrelevant
Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
And he should be given a chance to coach with the failure our current coach already had.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
edit: he already clarified...

Last edited by Mavericks Rockets Fan; 05-04-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
And he should be given a chance to coach with the failure our current coach already had.
I don't want to get into a pissing match but Casey pretty much runs the practices and he can talk to Carlisle about rotations. And his tenure in Minnessotta was a colossal failure
Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
I really don't like Carlisle that much either but I wouldn't replace with an unproven commodity such as Casey. Carlisle's biggest mistake was not giving Roddy enough time out there on the court. Also I think by now he realizes how darn good of a player Roddy is and will give him the time he deserves and will give Kidd the rest he deserves.

The solution to our problems isn't to replace a coach with a bunch of regular season and playoff experience with someone who went 32-50 as a coach of the Timberwolves. To do so would be an over-reaction...
Old 05-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #10
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I want Avery in NO, they deserve them.

Have fun CPee3

Last edited by sefant77; 05-04-2010 at 10:37 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #11
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
I really don't like Carlisle that much either but I wouldn't replace with an unproven commodity such as Casey. Carlisle's biggest mistake was not giving Roddy enough time out there on the court. Also I think by now he realizes how darn good of a player Roddy is and will give him the time he deserves and will give Kidd the rest he deserves.

The solution to our problems isn't to replace a coach with a bunch of regular season and playoff experience with someone who went 32-50 as a coach of the Timberwolves. To do so would be an over-reaction...
Carlisle said on the radio after the series that he plans to play Kidd 33-35 minutes next season and he didn't guarantee anything for Beaubois but maybe as a backup point guard. He pretty much didn't admit any bad decisions in the games. Just that if you lose, your decisions are always wrong. Nothing specific. I've seen Beaubois play big all year. Carlisle seems to be blind to that and wants to stick with his rotation no matter what. Which is playing Terry and Barea. 2 players that really struggled in the playoffs and regular season on both sides of the court. Anyways I'm for giving an unproven coach a chance as Carlisle has only proven he can do well in the regular season and had some success against a very weak East with the Pacers and Pistons. Also not much love from Pistons fans when it took an injury for Tayshaun Prince to get any minutes in the playoffs. That changed the series around against the Magic.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Carlisle said on the radio after the series that he plans to play Kidd 33-35 minutes next season and he didn't guarantee anything for Beaubois but maybe as a backup point guard.
Maybe Roddy is going to dip into the 2 rotation? I don't know. Like you, I didn't like his rotations either.

That said, I can't support throwing a unproven coach like Casey in. If we are going to bring someone in, they better be good...

Quote:
He pretty much didn't admit any bad decisions in the games. Just that if you lose, your decisions are always wrong. Nothing specific. I've seen Beaubois play big all year. Carlisle seems to be blind to that and wants to stick with his rotation no matter what. Which is playing Terry and Barea. 2 players that really struggled in the playoffs and regular season on both sides of the court.
Well, at least he admitted his decisions were wrong. But I agree with you - his rotations were horrible.

Quote:
Anyways I'm for giving an unproven coach a chance as Carlisle has only proven he can do well in the regular season and had some success against a very weak East with the Pacers and Pistons. Also not much love from Pistons fans when it took an injury for Tayshaun Prince to get any minutes in the playoffs. That changed the series around against the Magic.
I would also like to see Carlisle fired. But only if he is being replaced with someone we know will do a good job...
Old 05-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #13
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, at least he admitted his decisions were wrong.
Um...

Quote:
He pretty much didn't admit any bad decisions in the games. Just that if you lose, your decisions are always wrong. Nothing specific.
Sounds more like he sarcastically dismissed the criticism.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #14
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Carlisle said on the radio after the series that he plans to play Kidd 33-35 minutes next season and he didn't guarantee anything for Beaubois but maybe as a backup point guard. He pretty much didn't admit any bad decisions in the games. Just that if you lose, your decisions are always wrong. Nothing specific. I've seen Beaubois play big all year. Carlisle seems to be blind to that and wants to stick with his rotation no matter what. Which is playing Terry and Barea. 2 players that really struggled in the playoffs and regular season on both sides of the court. Anyways I'm for giving an unproven coach a chance as Carlisle has only proven he can do well in the regular season and had some success against a very weak East with the Pacers and Pistons. Also not much love from Pistons fans when it took an injury for Tayshaun Prince to get any minutes in the playoffs. That changed the series around against the Magic.
33-35 minutes is perfect for Kidd. That is great news. He also said he planned on getting Roddy to spend over 90% on his off-season on development at PG. We have no idea what will go down this off-season via trades or Roddy's development, so assuming the worst, although certainly your prerogative, seems like wasted energy to me.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #15
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
33-35 minutes is perfect for Kidd. That is great news. He also said he planned on getting Roddy to spend over 90% on his off-season on development at PG. We have no idea what will go down this off-season via trades or Roddy's development, so assuming the worst, although certainly your prerogative, seems like wasted energy to me.
I disagree. I think Kidd needs his minutes lowered even more. He will be turning 38 next year. And we'll need Beaubois to get as much experience as possible in the regular season if we want him to be more dependable in the playoffs.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #16
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I disagree. I think Kidd needs his minutes lowered even more. He will be turning 38 next year. And we'll need Beaubois to get as much experience as possible in the regular season if we want him to be more dependable in the playoffs.
I think Roddy will get minutes at the point, with Kidd at the two or on the bench, and he will get minutes at the two with Kidd or Barea at the point. He is versatile and whenever he has played with Kidd he has been even more dynamic. Although you don't seem to appreciate what Kidd does for this team, thankfully the coaches do. Handing over the bulk of the point guard duties to Roddy in his sophomore season after his first off-season focusing on learning how to be an NBA point guard while you have a HOF Jason Kidd who will be fresh with less minutes seems foolish to me. It's not ever going to happen barring injury. Ever.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #17
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I think Roddy will get minutes at the point, with Kidd at the two or on the bench, and he will get minutes at the two with Kidd or Barea at the point. He is versatile and whenever he has played with Kidd he has been even more dynamic. Although you don't seem to appreciate what Kidd does for this team, thankfully the coaches do. Handing over the bulk of the point guard duties to Roddy in his sophomore season after his first off-season focusing on learning how to be an NBA point guard while you have a HOF Jason Kidd who will be fresh with less minutes seems foolish to me. It's not ever going to happen barring injury. Ever.
I'm not questioning what Kidd used to do. I'm just questioning if Kidd can still do the things that made him a HOF player. In the Spurs series, I don't think he was able to. And I agree that Beaubois and Kidd play well together. There's issues with Terry and Butler at the 2 position as well though. Someone's going to be unhappy and I hope it's not Beaubois.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 05-05-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #18
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Barea is unrestricted and has expressed New York as an option. That being said, I hope he wants more money than the Mavs are willing to give him and leaves. Or he just leaves in general. The best way to get Roddy minutes is by moving the players who are in his way. That is easier than convincing Carlisle otherwise, apparently.

Last edited by Zki41; 05-05-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #19
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Barea is unrestricted and has expressed New York as an option. .
How about New Jersey? sign and trade for Devin Harris. Doit.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #20
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Barea is unrestricted and has expressed New York as an option. That being said, I hope he wants more money than the Mavs are willing to give him and leaves. Or he just leaves in general. The best way to get Roddy minutes is by moving the players who are in his way. That is easier than convincing Carlisle otherwise, apparently.
This would be so awesome....
Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 AM   #21
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
How about New Jersey? sign and trade for Devin Harris. Doit.
Yay for another small guard who can't play defense
Old 05-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #22
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Yay for another small guard who can't play defense
This.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #23
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
We have a team option for JJB for 2010/2011 worth around $1.8 million, so I think it's pretty save to say that he'll be a Maverick next season unless the Mavs can come up with a trade that would involve Barea as filler material since he's clearly a good player for that kind of money and could sweeten some deals.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #24
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
We have a team option for JJB for 2010/2011 worth around $1.8 million, so I think it's pretty save to say that he'll be a Maverick next season unless the Mavs can come up with a trade that would involve Barea as filler material since he's clearly a good player for that kind of money and could sweeten some deals.
No! Don't pick it up Cuban.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #25
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
S&T for Chris Paul, I tell ya. Do it.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #26
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
S&T for Chris Paul, I tell ya. Do it.
Please go on and email your idea to Donnie, now -> donnienelson@wishfulthinking.com. I believe...
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #27
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Agreed. He averaged 36 this year? 35 last year and 34 his first year here. 33-35 is not much of a concession. Tells you how comfortable RC feels in Dallas. I mean if Kidd played 32 a night this year, do the Mavs win 55 games? In RC's mind no. That's the unfortunate part about this whole thing, you give the guy studs, old studs and they will be ridden to the hospital bed. I think going into this upcoming year, RC's got to feel even more heat job security wise, and well still 33-35 is more about him saving his own ass than it is about doing what's best for the team. I love how coach's ask players to sacrifice, yet they won't do it on their end. It's like how all these banks are dumping 3 million dollar bonuses on CEO's desk, but won't give a damn about the guy who's requested to renegotiate their mortgage. So when this guy sees this, even though he can afford to pay, he won't pay and would just walk away and screw the bank. Why should the team sacrifice for RC if he's not doing it for the team. Will Boobs lose him a few more games? Maybe, maybe not, maybe they all right themselves out, but RC has to gamble that more, now maybe he realizes that kidd had this ear infection as a scape goat to the early out, and will continue his ways.....
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #28
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

let's do a trade with New Orleans:

Casey/Kidd

for

CP3.

thanx.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #29
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't mind that at all.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:12 AM   #30
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Hawks wants him: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...terview_casey/
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #31
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Get him out of the division. We saw Prunty's scout report put to use up in Portland. I think we should go after Eddie Jordan to replace Casey. He can bring some new wrinkles to the offense in the form of the princeton offense.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #32
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

We better fire Carlisle soon before losing another chance of a possible coach.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #33
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
We better fire Carlisle soon before losing another chance of a possible coach.
Carlsisle > Casey
Old 05-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #34
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

good for him.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote