Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-14-2002, 09:00 AM   #1
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Fluff, but it's a reminder of why I'm happy that Dirk's a mav.

link

By Wally Lynn -- DallasBasketball.com
Let’s call this: “Cool Stuff I Did On My Summer Vacation,’’ by assorted members of the Dallas Mavericks.
MAVS WEEKLY
FISH On FOX Radio

Some guys went deep. Some went shallow. Some, like Steve Nash, did both. For instance, here’s Steve on 9/11: "Sadly, people have gone back to being just the way they were before the attack in my opinion. We're all so detached now."
Yeah, that’s the same Steve Nash was who featured in GQ Mag for his fashion sense, which is really no fashion sense, which makes him totally in.

Don Nelson: The head coach/GM ran a couple of cottages in Hawaii. Sort of. "I was the maintenance guy but if something went wrong I usually just picked up the phone and called somebody else to take care of it. I like to pretend I do stuff." The highlight of the summer was back to back birdies while playing golf in Hawaii.

Steve Nash: The Nash world tour made stops in Japan and New York City. "Me and a couple of buddies caught three of England's World Cup games in Japan, backpacked and took trains across the country. It was very cool." Nash rented a place in NYC for three weeks hanging out mostly in Soho and the Villages.

Avery Johnson: Went salmon fishing in Alaska with his kids. The fish were so overwhelmed by Johnson's kindred spirit that they voluntarily left the stream for the net.

Nick Van Exel: Split time between Houston, Atlanta and Miami. "Miami and Atlanta have the best nightlife, but Houston's got the women." Food? "Hands down Miami because you gotta love the fresh crab legs."

Eduardo Najera: Baby daughter Isabella arrived at the Najera house. "Dad stays up during the day and mom gets the night shift." Not surprisingly, Isabella already dives for loose rattles.

Michael Finley: "I turned the cell phone off for a solid week on a remote island while at Juwan Howard's wedding."

Donnie Nelson: Three days with mom and the family in Wisconsin.

Dirk Nowitzki: "I just worked on my game mostly." It has left Nowitzki about ten pounds lighter, but he's broadened his horizon again. This time by taking fencing lessons under the tutelage of Holger Geschwidner on the heels of last year's saxophone stint.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2002, 11:11 AM   #2
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

the man is amazing,he got a two mothes vacation from 3-4 games a week,practice or two a day and he decided he wants to work on his game,what you got over there is a true athelete!
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote