Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-23-2003, 09:32 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Poll: Predictions on mavs season

The training camp is almost here. We have made some changes to our team and most of us do agree that the change did improve the mavs. Give me your realistic predictions for the season.

We will bump this thread at the end of the season to see how we fared.

Old 09-23-2003, 10:22 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I voted Western Conference Finals.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:23 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Same here. WCF.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poll: Predictions on mavs season

Western Conference Finals
Old 09-23-2003, 10:42 PM   #5
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

WCF, I just dont see them beating the Lakers.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:43 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

WCF....the Lakers will implode.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:44 PM   #7
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I know that they probably wont be the champs but I voted it.

You never know, things can fall into place like they did last year.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:09 PM   #8
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Isn't it a little redundant to have NBA finals and Champs as two different options??

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:20 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

WCF
Old 09-23-2003, 11:44 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
Isn't it a little redundant to have NBA finals and Champs as two different options??
No...they could lose to the Eastern Conference team thereby making the NBA finals, but not winning the Championship.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 11:48 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I can't predict it cause the chances are low, yet among the 3-4 highest, but I'm going to look on the season expecting the ring.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:09 AM   #12
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

WCF... forget about the fakers... let s concentrate on the MAVS
and let s hope they will always give us a good reason to praise them to the skies...
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:18 AM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

WCF

...and Pfuzz the redundancy lies in calling it the WCF Finals....

The Western Conference Finals Finals.....

??????

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #14
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

champs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 01:47 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

WCF. I still think the Mavs are a season, and possibly one more player, away from a Championship. I do think that the Mavs will have to improve as a team just to get back to the WCF. What I would really love is for the Mavs to prove me wrong and win it all this year. Jsut don't expect that to happen.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:04 PM   #16
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

WCF also. This was copied from my post in the NBA section:

Mavs over Blazers
Lakers over Rockets
Spurs over Suns
Kings over Wolves

Mavs over Kings
Lakers over Spurs

Lakers over Mavs in seven

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:06 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Umm, why would there even be an option for the Mavs not making the playoffs? Are the Denver Nuggets and the Seattle Supersonics primed for high-fifty win seasons? honestly.

IMO Dallas is primed to drag out a WCSF series to at least 6, and will most likely make it to the WCF. No one has seen the new teams, and no one knows the seedings, so its impossible to predict, but if the Mavs win the WCF there is no doubt that they will be champions. WCSF and WCF will be vital as they will be the toughest series that the Mavs play all year.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:52 PM   #18
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

They possibly could go out in the first round. If they drew say a Portland or Seattle, they would have problems.
The main challenge this year for the Mavs is defense. They've lost Griffin AND Bell (two decent defenders), Van Exel (instant offense in tight games), and a player who came through in several big games (Williams). This transition will undoubtedly help in the long run, but barring another trade, they may very well go out in the first round.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:12 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Captain Disaster
They possibly could go out in the first round. If they drew say a Portland or Seattle, they would have problems.
The main challenge this year for the Mavs is defense. They've lost Griffin AND Bell (two decent defenders), Van Exel (instant offense in tight games), and a player who came through in several big games (Williams). This transition will undoubtedly help in the long run, but barring another trade, they may very well go out in the first round.