Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-28-2004, 04:16 PM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Draft Question

I honestly believe that getting Emeka Okofor is going to be almost impossible. I just don't see how it happens. But there are some other possibilities when it comes to trading into the lottery.

My question is who you would most like to be a Maverick out of this draft (other than Okafor) and why?
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #2
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Draft Question

I really question the big men in this draft after Okafor. So I have been looking for guys at the guard or foward spots that can make our depth better. Here goes.

PG:
(all these guys are 2nd round guys we could get if they slipped or we tradded up a little)

Blake Stepp - seems like a great court leader with a wonderful 3pt shot. Really like him as the back up point guard/future pg for this team, probably will have to move up for him.

Roko-Leni Ukic - Don't know much and I hate to make comments on Euros because I am always wrong with them, but seems like a nice backup/future guy. Young and big at 6-5, real skinny, but people say he is very fast with the ball, drive and dish kind of guy, but can't shoot very good yet. Also would have to trade up for him.

Antonio Burks - very fast and athletic pg that can get in the lane at will. Improved his shot a lot last year, seems like he would be a great back up pg. Could get him at #51 which is nice.

SG/SF:

Andre Emmitt - bring him home and this guy can play. Much more athletic than he has lead on in his four year career. Great scorer and a perfect future 6th man if we get rid of Jamison. I like him as a FA pickup or drafted at the #51.

First Rounder:
(pipe dream'in)

Jameer Nelson - the most polished PG in the draft, love the kid.

Ben Gordon - has great upside

J.R. Smith - Best SG in the draft

Martynas Andriuskevicius - Don't know much, but is intriging with his size

foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Draft Question

There are a lot of intriguing players in the draft. For the Mavs, though, my top choice beyond Okafor would be Andriuskevicius. He's not going to contribute much for a couple of years, but he could eventually be an excellent player. Also, his age is a big plus.

I also like Dwight Howard, but if the Mavs were to trade into the top 2-3, I think they'd be better served to turn around and move that pick for a player and a pick that allowed them to get Andriuskevicius.

I also like Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Andries Biedrens (sp?), and Livingston.

Guys to stay away from include Pavel Pokoldzine (sp?), Sebastian Telfair, Josh Smith, Josh Childress.