Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

View Poll Results: Will Josh Howard be traded this off-season?
Yes, he will be traded. 37 54.41%
No, he will be a Maverick next season. 31 45.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light
Default Will Josh Howard be traded this off-season?

simple question yes or no.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

coaches, owners, scouts, and others who understand the game all place a high value on Josh Howard. I don't expect a trade. Anything is possible. If he is traded, he will bring quality back. He won't be traded for a non-allstar or a non-near allstar.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

I wish they could get rid of him tomorrow...
Old 04-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Howard is gone... Not a doubt in my mind...

and good riddance... pothead!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:20 AM   #5
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

With his poor production of late and drug comments, his value may be at an all-time low. If the Mavs decide to move him, I think they should at least wait until the trade deadline to try to improve his value.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's hoping.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really think his value is as high as you put it, wmbwinn.

He will get some value back, but not the value it could've been last year or the early part of this year.

Will he get traded, 50/50...do I hope he does? 100% yes
Old 04-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
RonMexico

RonMexico can only hope to improve

I haven't kept up with him this year but is he really playing as heartless as everyone says? Last season he was allas' best player (Not to mention toughest)and it appeared at least to me Dirk needed to go for a more assertive big.
RonMexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think my question would be, what are you hoping to get in return?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #10
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Bad time to trade him. You won't get value.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 AM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It's similar to the situation with JET last summer. He was expendable after the GS series and I'm sure we listened to some trade offers, but his value was below market.

I want Josh Howard to be traded but I highly doubt it would happen unless it's packaged for a bona-fide #1/2 option in the NBA, since he is now our only "young" asset outside of Bass.

The scary thing about the whole matter is that under the right coach, Josh Howard may explode to become very good.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

If there's any truth to us turning down Kobe for Harris/Howard Cuban should fire himself.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

There's a big difference between "will he" and "should he"...

Yes, he should be traded, but no, he won't be traded...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #14
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

We should be able to get Ron Artest for him. Weed smoker for spouse abusing lunatic seems like a win for Sacremento. But suddenly the Kings fell in love with Artest apparently and don't want to trade him.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-28-2008 at 09:38 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i think he will be back next year. With a new coach, a new game plan and new motivation.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #16
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think he will be traded but considering his stock is so low right now Cuban will probably either wait until the trade deadline next season or use him to bring in a high risk/reward type of player like Jermaine O'Neal or as someon mentioned Ron Artest.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #17
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

We will try but wont get enough value back so he will be here next season.

I think he talked about how he loves weed just so that he becomes untradeable and stays in Dallas.

..nevermind he is not that clever.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk2003
I think he talked about how he loves weed just so that he becomes untradeable and stays in Dallas.
Funny - a friend of mine was joking about that during the game...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #19
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Brandon Bass + Josh Howard for Michael Redd.

Do it, and do it now. even do it in the middle of a playoff series.

Kidd Redd SF Dirk Damp (Terry, Wright, C)

Then sign an athletic SF and/or C with the MLE

Kidd Redd Pietrus Dirk Damp (Terry, Wright, Diop)

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 04-28-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #20
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

can that team even contend, though?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #21
alby
Guru

Redd as our legitmate #2? hell yes.

Contact Me
Old 04-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #22
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

does bass/howard for redd work as far as salaries?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #23
ghazi
Platinum Member

i want maggette and miller!!!1
Old 04-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #24
alby
Guru

Miller would be great because hes a legitimate shooter to team up with Dirk/Kidd/Damp
I've always been enamoured with Maggette and if you go through my posts, I've always wanted us to go after him, but I can just see teams collapsing the paint like they are right now and daring our non shooters to shoot from the outside. This is why a lineup of Kidd/Terry/Howard/Bass/Dirk doesn't work because Avery makes Dirk play inside and Kidd/Howard/Bass can not shoot.

This is why I want Redd or Miller.

Contact Me
Old 04-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #25
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
does bass/howard for redd work as far as salaries?
unfortunately, no.
Redd makes 14.5 million dollars

Currently, our only tradeable players are
JJB, Bass, Dampier, Howard, Kidd, Dirk, Stackhouse, Terry

since these players are not under contract
Malik, Devean, Juwan, Eddie, Lue, Magloire, Antoine

Contact Me
Old 04-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #26
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

could they be tradeable this summer after re-signing them? or if we re sign them would it have to wait till next season?
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #27
alby
Guru

we can execute sign and trades, yes.

Contact Me
Old 04-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #28
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

I doubt Josh will be traded. he may be shopped but like with JET, he will end up staying. We have seen that Josh can be downright unstoppable but I believe that he is more tired of Avery than anybody on the team and he has no motivation. We better get a new coach next year and hopefully Josh will play. I'd hate to trade a low value Josh for someone crappy and then he explodes on another team with a good coach. We already lost Harris for that, don't need to lose Josh as well.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #29
alby
Guru

Harris hasn't exploded. He started off well right after the trade, but check out his numbers (and minutes for that matter) towards the end of the season. 16/7 in March with 36 minutes a game. 13/6 in April with 30 minutes a game.

I think Josh is tired of Avery but I also think it's because of how Josh reacted to losing his friend Devin. He has a hall of fame, bonafide point guard passing him the ball but it felt like he never gave Kidd a chance (same with Avery).

Contact Me
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #30
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

bass is the only one of our players with an ok income/performance ratio other than maybe dirk. please lets not trade him. lets find a team that wants to give us a gift like memphis did with the lakers :-P
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #31
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

the argument of "trade value" is futile. If he had trade value, we wouldn't be trading him.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #32
alby
Guru

couldn't agree more.

but, sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. josh howard has been fun to watch, seeing him grow into the player he's become today (drastically decreased in defensive efficiency). but, when that time is up--its up. there's no point to keeping an employee longer than needed.

Contact Me
Old 04-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #33
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I didn't mean keep him, I just meant it doesn't matter what we get for him now because I want him off our team for good.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

non-public polls shouldn't even be allowed at all.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 AM   #35
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

I am not as pessimist as others about the future of the Mavs, we dont have that many players under contract and the only contracts that I consider to be overrated are Stack (now that one will be difficult to dealt) Damp (and for a Quality Center in the NBA his contract is not that bad, just long) and Terry (and for what he brings to the table his salary is not unrealistic, is the lenght that scares team)

The're plenty of bad contracts in the NBA, Hughes, Wallace, K-MART, Nene, Murphy, Mark Blount, Simmons, Antoine Walker, The entire Knicks team, Miles, Miller Brad, Abdur Rahim, Kenny Thomas and not to mention Vince Carter, Kirilenko and Shaq.

So yes the Management did make some bonehead moves ala Stack, but we can live with the Terry and Dampier contract if they continue to contribute at the present clip.

Now the JHO and Kidd contract are extremely attractive for other franchises specially for those on the rebuilding stage or looking to dump salary.

My wishing list is:

1. And I hate to said a new coach and not because I don't believe that Avery can improve as a coach but this team has all the talesigns of a team that quit listening to him and not longer believed in the so called "system"
2. A more offensive minded Center, Jermaine O'Neal comes to mind
3. Young and athletic wingplayers, nothing spectacular Pietrus, Wright and Reyshawn Terrry will do for now
4. A 3point specialist, ala James Jones (of course Sasha Vulacic, JR Smith or Matt Carrol would be great but thats a pipedream)
5.If somehow we could dealt Damp, a defensive back up Center will be ideal ..I know the perfect candidate...Diop
6.a big shooting guard and Corey Maggete, Michael Reed or JR Smith (again) will be the ideal candidates.

I know that it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to land O'Neal and either Maggete or Reed so pick your poison, Josh is our more valuable trading chip (the guy is just one year remove from been an all-star and has improve his production every year and the weed stuff is a not issue, heck Carmelo was caught with an ounce in a airport)

Scenario 1. I will package JHO with Damp to the nuggets for Camby and a resigned JR Smith

Guys like Jones/Pietrus and Diop can be signed with the MLE or the league minimun

A Depth Chart of

PG Kidd/Terry/Lue
SG JR Smith/Terry/Stack
SF Pietrus/Wright/Reyshawn
PF Dirk/Bass
C Camby/Diop

Is young athletic, our 3 point shooting, energy and defense will improve, JR Smith and Pietrus should improve dramatically with JKidd and Wright/Reyshawn could become our defensive stoppers.

Scenario 2, JHO and Stack to the Bulls for Deng and Larry Hughes, put some spares in the trade to make it work.

PG Kidd/Terry/Lue
SG Hughes/Terry/Wright
SF Deng/Wright/James Jones
PF Dirk/Bass
C Dampier/Diop

This is just a trade that is trying to replace JHO production with a player with a lot similarities and a better IQ (Deng) and taking on Larry Hughes sizeable contract is a gamble but so do is expecting Stack to even contribute and half the rate of Hughes who is superior defender.

Scenario 3...JHO and Damp to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal, In this case the Pacers might be more interested in Terry that in JHO, because they already have a young stud in Granger, but anyway it could work in a 3 way trade.

PG Kidd/Terry/Lue
SG Wright/Terry/Stack
SF Pietrus/Bass/Reyshawn
PF Dirk/Bass
C O'Neal/Diop/Magliore

A Healthy O'Neal will be a great addition to the MAVS and Dirk might as well lead the league in scoring

Scenario 4

JHO and Stack to the Bucks for Reed and Charlie Bell, I dont know if this deal will work salaries wise, but with a little tweaking I am sure is a go.

Kidd/Bell/Terry
Reed/Terry/Wright
Pietrus/Bass/Wright
Dirk/Bass
Dampier/Diop

Reed and Dirk oh man thats scary, and if Terry can somehow find 24-30 minutes in the floor. the offense should be clicking is the defense that might be a concern.

Well this is just some of the shake ups that I would like to see in the offseason and BTW I still hope that the MAVS somehow could put 3 straight againts the Hornets...wishfull thinking perhaps, but I am a fan first!!
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #36
alby
Guru

I was confused for about two seconds after reading your scenarios and seeing Reed, but I'm going to assume you mean Redd. I'm a huge backer in getting Redd to Dallas. And if it means losing Josh/Stack but keeping Bass? I'd do it in a second.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 04-29-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:09 AM   #37
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe
Well this is just some of the shake ups that I would like to see in the offseason and BTW I still hope that the MAVS somehow could put 3 straight againts the Hornets...wishfull thinking perhaps, but I am a fan first!!
Have to appreciate that!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #38
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I like all of those scenarios pretty much... though Id like to see something that would make sense to get Maggette here. After Terry playing fairly well towards the end of the season and during this series, I hope we revisit the deal with the Clippers. .. Now throughout the season I have been a proponent of dealing Terry, but I have seen his value and if we can pick up a true 2 guard then I am all for keeping him coming off the bench. But If we had a sharpshooter like Redd and were somewhat weak at the 3 spot after dealing J-Ho for him... then omg I would love Maggete here. I lineup like Kidd, Redd, Maggette, Dirk, Damp/Diop would be fantastic... and a pipe-dream :/ but Ive seen crazier things go down. So .. Go for it Cubes! heh
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #39
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!
JOSH,SOOOOOOO BAD.....
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #40
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

What about Josh + S&T filler + cash for Diaw & Barbosa? Suns always need cash, and this lets them get out from under two long contracts. We give them back the minimum dollars we have to to make the trade work (can't figure it out right now because of BYC and because I have tired head). Also gives them the starting SF that ESPN's experts seem to think they need. Mavs get the speed & offense they need in the backcourt--and our next starting PG when Kidd retires (or we turn his expiring deal into someone good at the 2, 3 or 5), and Diaw backs up Dirk at 4 and Bass at 3 (yes, I'm starting Brandon Bass at the 3 next year).
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote