Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bucks waive Peeler

Bucks waive G Anthony Peeler

July 7, 2003

MILWAUKEE (Ticker) - The Milwaukee Bucks on Monday cut veteran guard Anthony Peeler, who was acquired in a four-player trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves on June 27.

The Bucks acquired Peeler and forward Joe Smith from the Timberwolves for guard Cassell and center Ervin Johnson.

Milwaukee had no intention of keeping Peeler and made the deal to clear up their point guard situation after selecting guard T.J. Ford in last month's draft.

The 33-year-old Peeler has averaged 10.4 points in 712 NBA games over 11 seasons and is Minnesota's all-time leader in 3-pointers with 465.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:54 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Bucks waive Peeler

He would be a great back up for Michael Finley. In the playoffs, he's proven that he can be a good defender, and he can shoot the 3, that's a Don Nelson player.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have Bell backing Finley. Howard will probably see minutes at the 2 spot as well. And with Nelson playing Nash and NVE in the backcourt together, I don't see how Peeler would get the minutes.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #4
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I think he would be a good player to have, but i'd take Piatkoski for the money.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I'd rather have Bell backing Finley. Howard will probably see minutes at the 2 spot as well. And with Nelson playing Nash and NVE in the backcourt together, I don't see how Peeler would get the minutes.
Think about this MFF, Bell started at the 2 in the playoffs, so maybe they would start Finley at the 3 with Howard as a back up, and have Bell starting at 2 with peeler as the back up.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 07-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
Think about this MFF, Bell started at the 2 in the playoffs, so maybe they would start Finley at the 3 with Howard as a back up, and have Bell starting at 2 with peeler as the back up.
I wouldn't argue with that. I'd just rather see the Mavs use the exceptions on other players.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:51 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard to understand the way teams are dumping salary right now. Joe Smith for Cassell is incredibly lopsided.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 10:54 PM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Mff, NO ONE would sign Peeler for the MLE. I was talking about signing him for the Veteran Minimum.

~The Salesman
Old 07-07-2003, 11:11 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Nash, I know the Mavs, or anyone for that matter, wouldn't use the whole MLE on Peeler. Maybe part of it to split with another player or whatever, but not the whole thing.

I just think the Mavs can add a younger player or a vet for upfront with the vet minimum that could sit at the end of the bench than a guy like Peeler.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:06 AM   #10
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Its hard to understand the way teams are dumping salary right now. Joe Smith for Cassell is incredibly lopsided.
i was just thinking that. you would have thought they could get a better deal than that. very, very weird.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:31 AM   #11
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I just think the Mavs can add a younger player or a vet for upfront with the vet minimum that could sit at the end of the bench than a guy like Peeler.
The Frontcourt isn't the only problem they have. The other two problems the Mavs have are our backcourt(it's not always up to par), and our bench production. Peeler can help us out in both of those departments. And you can sign more than one person to a vet minimum(the Mavs signed Jones, Bell, and Williams with it).

~The Salesman