Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-21-2003, 09:45 AM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I was one of those unbelievers in Nellie and I was at the point of calling for his resignation. In the beginning of the year, I harped on no defense, no interior presence and too many gimmicks like small ball. During the playoffs, Nellie has changed my mind.

I never did like small ball but small ball is what won the series against the Kings. Adelman needed to match up with the Mavs small ball so he couldn't use the lineups he wanted. Small ball may work if everyone is willing to hustle and defend.

I never did like playing the Nash NVE combo for long periods of time. Now, I have to say that they have to play them together. Nash and NVE can put up two points a game and at this stage of the playoffs, having two all-stars caliber pgs is an advantage. I always said that this combo is bad because they can't defend. At this point, who can stop them?

I never liked "Hack-a-anything", it think its cheap and an admittance of defensive deficiencies. After seeing what it did to Bowen, I like it now. Yesterday, someone asked Bowen if he was going to practice his freethrows. The other reporters started laughing and Bowen who was obviously irate said, "Why do you think that so funny?" or something like that. The point is that Nellie has gotten into their heads.

Nellie should be the coach next year.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:57 AM   #2
Mavs_fun_fan

Mavs_fun_fan is on a distinguished road

While I've never harbored bad feelings at Don Nelson, I do agree that he has wormed his way into the Spurs players minds LOL. How could you not like that ROTFLMAO.............
Mavs_fun_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:41 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i think we'll see what the mavs and nellie has learned and what he has not...it's still to be determined.

so far, the mavs have won two series that they had no business losing. And for that, nellie and the mavs deserve a tremendous amount of credit.

However, I'm believe the mavs will be in situations where they need to go away from the three guard set, and I'm anxious to see how they respond.

Many of nellie's decisions in game 1 were extraordinary. Regardless, I believe his job is safe to say the least
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 01:49 PM   #4
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Yes, I too was calling for a change at coach most of the year. But it looks like there is no chance of that happening now, unless he steps down after a championship. While I believe small ball was only successful because Webber was out in the last series, he does deserve BIG PROPS after game 1 against SA. Excellent coaching manuevers all game long.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote