Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold
Default Seems like we have most NBA fans on our side.

Don't ask me why I was browsing the Lakers forums but I've been going through all the big message boards to gauge the opinion on the Mavs and it seems like the Lakers fans are pretty reasonable (maybe even a little humbled after the Mavs took them to school ), at least the ones with the high post counts that don't stand out as trolls.

Here's what one fan said:

It basically comes down to Dallas being more likable than Miami at this point. Caron is the one I'd be happy for more than anyone else because of the Laker connection, and after that it'd be nice to see Dirk and Kidd both find some success in the form of the ever elusive ring neither player has been able to capture over the years. I'm also a fan of Tyson's Chandler's hustle. He's nowhere near as talented a center as say Bynum, Marc Gasol or Andrew Bogut, but he's a big time hustle and heart player out there who also happens to be possibly one of the most explosive 7 footers currently in the game. When he throws down off of a Kidd lob watch the F out. Hard to hate against players who simply go out and give it their all. Shawn Marion has also been turning back the clock and reminding us of what a great player he was in Phoenix. I'm kind of over hating on him since he hasn't been in a Suns uniform for so long and since we finally got our revenge on Phoenix last year so I wouldn't mind him getting his after all these years.

For some bizarre reason I still don't like Peja though. :man10:

Terry and Barea are givens. Can't stand those two. Terry because he's an idiot and he talks to much and Barea because he's good and he's short. You shouldn't be that good if you're under 6' tall. Guy uses cheat codes.

So all the people that are not Dallas natives or live else where in the US/World, how's the opinion on our boys in blue?

Last edited by tsar; 05-26-2011 at 04:23 PM.
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

No question they are. Just check out RealGM. There's even a "Get Dirk a Chip!" thread.

1. A lot of fans respect Dirk and Kidd and want them to get a ring and know they deserve one.

2. Other fans really want the other vets (Peja and Marion) to get one.

3. Most fans HATE Miami.

Only negative consensus on us is almost EVERY team's fans hate Jet, lol.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Do people tend to not like JET because of:

A) The jet arms flying after a made 3?

B) The cock punch on Finley

c) He comes across to outsiders as a bragger or talker?

I think JET is a great dude, family oriented god fearing guy that is loyal and cares about the city and fans.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hate JET for the plane thing if I wasn't a Mavs fan. But because I'm a Mavs fan, I love the plane thing.

Sports.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'd hate JET for the plane thing if I wasn't a Mavs fan. But because I'm a Mavs fan, I love the plane thing.

Sports.
I also hated Chandler when he was with the Hornets in the 08 playoffs. Now i love him.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

the biggest surprise for me is how i love marion and peja now after HATING them with such a passion in the past.

Still kinda hate marion when he misses layups...
Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

You know what's crazy.... If Miami wins tonight, both teams will be 12-3 going into the Finals.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
the biggest surprise for me is how i love marion and peja now after HATING them with such a passion in the past.

I swear he has to be in the top 3 in NBA history in the most missed point blank layups. Drives me absolutely crazy!!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
I swear he has to be in the top 3 in NBA history in the most missed point blank layups. Drives me absolutely crazy!!
Sad thing is that Kidd and Stevenson are the other ones from the Top 3!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You shouldn't be that good if you're under 6' tall. Guy uses cheat codes.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

I like Terry but i completely understand all the hate on him

He is bit arrogant tbh
Old 05-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Yup Terry is an arrogant punk, but hes our arrogant punk which means that we must like him and insult anyone who doesnt.

The JJB cheat code thing is funny.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #13
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Dwyane Wade knows Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki is driven by loss to Heat in '06 NBA Finals

Quote:
The Heat entered Game 5 against the Chicago Bulls Thursday night needing one victory to advance to their second NBA Finals. If and when the Heat eliminates Chicago, Wade said their post-victory celebration would be tame as well.

Of course, Wade discussing celebration etiquette is almost as comical as LeBron James giving a lecture on graceful exits. The Miami Heat were criticized for throwing a victory celebration last summer after the club re-signed Wade and added free agents, LeBron and Chris Bosh.

"When we won the Eastern Conference Championship in '06 we didn't celebrate," Wade said. "We did our thing on the court with our fans so it's different. In baseball, they celebrate just going to the playoffs. You want to experience it and you can't take anything for granted. We'll celebrate a little but you don't want to over do it. No locker room champagne baths for the Eastern Conference Finals."
Wade is such a joke. He recognizes that Dirk did something great and his reaction is, "Oh yeah of course we'll do the same thing as well, we're not big into celebrations." Celtics say hello.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
Blackspider

Didn't Miami celebrate a game 4 victory the other night?? I could have sworn if I had not known what the series was at the time, I would bet money they had won the East.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:

This.

I remember I couldn't stand Marion, Chandler and Butler but now there Mavs and I respect them and there game alot now.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #16
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

It is interesting that you can not like a player when he is on another team and then like him when he joins your team. I might be a little less prone but I do dislike a lot of players that I also would probably never grow to like if they were on the Mavs. The list could go on and on so I won't start, lol.

However, I think we could all agree that one person we all hate, especially after this last series, is Nick Collison.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, don't hate collison. He played the way the refs allowed him to play. Now, perkins, that guy's just a punk.

Never really hated chandler and butler, cause they never meant anything to us as "villains", like peja and marion did.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Nick Collison is Nowitzness #1.

James Harden is a little bitch.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #19
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nope, don't hate collison. He played the way the refs allowed him to play. Now, perkins, that guy's just a punk.

Never really hated chandler and butler, cause they never meant anything to us as "villains", like peja and marion did.
Can't hate Collison. Dude played his heart out in one of the most difficult and discouraging match ups in the NBA for a whole series. He didn't do anything dirty, either.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #20
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

I can totally see how people hate Jet. He talks way too much smack in the media. Frankly I wish sometimes he'd just shut the F up and quit giving other teams potential bulletin board material
Old 05-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
Can't hate Collison. Dude played his heart out in one of the most difficult and discouraging match ups in the NBA for a whole series. He didn't do anything dirty, either.
Yep, exactly. Did he foul dirk a bunch without the refs calling it? Of course. Was it dirty play? Nope. And he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. I would happily sign collison to be a mav if given the chance.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #22
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Peja worked his problem out and still play well.Terry kept fighting for so many years.I don't care if they like to talk or not,but I like these mavs fight like a man.Except Brewer,I don't know him well.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #23
kchan4487

kchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
Barea because he's good and he's short. You shouldn't be that good if you're under 6' tall. Guy uses cheat codes.
Well I come from a country were explosive guards under 6ft tall abound, where the record for 3pts made in a game is 17, centers for teams stand tallest at 6'8, 6'10, so I dont think height has anything to do with talent. But that sure was funny though. HAHA.
kchan4487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #24
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

When it's all said and done, the 2011 finals will be one of most watched finals in NBA history.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
When it's all said and done, the 2011 finals will be one of most watched finals in NBA history.
Everyone wants to see the Cheat bent over
Old 05-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #26
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Everyone loves the underdog that's why
Old 05-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #27
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

from one single mmb post's responses:

"Bulls fan here Please oh god please beat them!!! They just can’t win a title it would be the worst thing ever, I do think the Mavs have the better team. But beware the refs,"

"Another Bulls fan Kick the Heat out and avenge 2006. Dirk deserves a title, the Heat do not. I’ll be pulling for you guys all the way"

"Celtics fan here there is seriously nothing I can’t stand more than this heat team. hopefully dirk and you guys finally get your title and get some revenge for the bs in 2006"

edit: one more: "CelticsLife‎ Credit to Dirk for re-signing with the Mavs & getting to the Finals on his own. Lebron for having to team w/ Wade/Bosh? Not so much credit."

Last edited by bigcat; 05-27-2011 at 12:16 AM.
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #28
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didn't Miami celebrate a game 4 victory the other night?? I could have sworn if I had not known what the series was at the time, I would bet money they had won the East.
Screw Game 4. Those bastards have been celebrating since the preseason Lebron parade.

F Miami.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 AM   #29
Lakeshow24

Lakeshow24 is on a distinguished road

Yeah you guys definitely do, at least from the majority of Laker fans. I normally would not root for the team that beat mine, but this is definitely an exception. And it's not just because it's against the Heat, if it was the Bulls I'd root for you guys too. Dirk has been phenomenal and now is his time to shine. One other thing, and by the way i'm not trying to kiss ass here lol, but I have been very impressed with how focused your team has been. I don't really dislike anyone except Terry and at times Cuban, but they have really kept their mouths shut the entire run, which tells me they are locked in on getting this done. Good luck guys and keep it in the West.
Lakeshow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:34 AM   #30
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeshow24 View Post
Yeah you guys definitely do, at least from the majority of Laker fans. I normally would not root for the team that beat mine, but this is definitely an exception. And it's not just because it's against the Heat, if it was the Bulls I'd root for you guys too. Dirk has been phenomenal and now is his time to shine. One other thing, and by the way i'm not trying to kiss ass here lol, but I have been very impressed with how focused your team has been. I don't really dislike anyone except Terry and at times Cuban, but they have really kept their mouths shut the entire run, which tells me they are locked in on getting this done. Good luck guys and keep it in the West.
Thanks, stay classy.

+1
Old 05-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand why people don't like JET all that much. I don't like JET all that much. He's not one of my top 10 favorite mavs on this team... Basically, I get tired of all the cheap shots from the guy.. He is a punk.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-27-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #32
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

People knows the Heat WILL win at least one ring anyway during the next five years.

Dirk and Kidd have maybe their last chance at all, so its pretty obvious why most of the fans prefer the Mavs.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #33
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

I know a ton of Cavs fans, who obviously want Lebron to lose. Once it became clear the Bulls weren't going to beat the Heat, I saw a bunch of supportive Facebook statuses from my friends, my favorite of which was "Help me Dirk Nowitzki, you're my only hope." after the Bulls lost game 4.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #34
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan4487 View Post
Well I come from a country were explosive guards under 6ft tall abound, where the record for 3pts made in a game is 17, centers for teams stand tallest at 6'8, 6'10, so I dont think height has anything to do with talent. But that sure was funny though. HAHA.
But what happens when they get old?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kssMWj_AFl0
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I not only want the Mavs to win the title, but I wouldn't be opposed to LeBron and Wade blowing ACL's in the process. I don't wish injuries on anyone usually.. but I have a special place in my heart to hate those two pieces of dognutass.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #36
tsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Personally, I not only want the Mavs to win the title, but I wouldn't be opposed to LeBron and Wade blowing ACL's in the process. I don't wish injuries on anyone usually.. but I have a special place in my heart to hate those two pieces of dognutass.
Nah, I never wish injury on any player aside from Bruce Bowen. I want to beat them at full strength - nothing, and I mean NOTHING would be more satisfying.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #37
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
Nah, I never wish injury on any player aside from Bruce Bowen. I want to beat them at full strength - nothing, and I mean NOTHING would be more satisfying.
Nothing wrong with wishing harm on them AFTER we win - maybe during their post-Finals pity #^@%, one of them takes too much Viagra and has to get his #!@% surgically removed from the other one's @$$... I mean, it's bound to happen sooner or later...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #38
Blackspider

To me, this reminds me of when my UT Longhorns played USC in the national championship. Yes, a national championship victory over another team like a Va Tech or Penn State would have been sweet but the fact that we knocked off USC made it 100x more sweet.

That is like now. Winning a title would mean the world to us Mavs fans. But if can avenge 06 and while beating this team who started a parade and a circus since July and basically had a fashion show runway to introduce the team, it would would be so fucking awesome and I could die a happy man.

This sets up perfectly.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #39
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
What a terribly horrible thing to say for a nun! Come on!

(I agree, though.)
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #40
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
To me, this reminds me of when my UT Longhorns played USC in the national championship. Yes, a national championship victory over another team like a Va Tech or Penn State would have been sweet but the fact that we knocked off USC made it 100x more sweet.

That is like now. Winning a title would mean the world to us Mavs fans. But if can avenge 06 and while beating this team who started a parade and a circus since July and basically had a fashion show runway to introduce the team, it would would be so fucking awesome and I could die a happy man.

This sets up perfectly.
I hate UT.. but THIS!
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote