MavsFan1980

MavsFan1980 is on a distinguished road

right now!!!!!!

MavsFan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2003, 11:08 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

What for?

What did he do in this game?

It's not his fault that some of the guys come out with slow starts. It's not his fault that Dirk and Bradley were injured.

The only thing I can fault him with this night is that Bell and Raef were on the bench in stretches that favored the Spurs.

And I'd like to know where Griffin was?
Old 05-23-2003, 11:14 PM   #3
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

<< It's not his fault that some of the guys come out with slow starts. It's not his fault that Dirk and Bradley were injured. >>

Dirk went out when the game was almost finished,and i doubt Shawn would have made the difference.

<< What did he do in this game? >>

Exactly,didnt do much.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:15 PM   #4
jeex

jeex is on a distinguished road

<< right now!!!!!! >>

go where? to your house to kick your ass, then slap your mom for having such an idiot for a child hopefully.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:16 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

This is silly to post this thread right now.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:19 PM   #6
Capital Maverick

Capital Maverick is on a distinguished road

This whole experiement is a failure. LET'S TRADE EVERYBODY FOR LeBRON! I know, maybe we can talk Michael Jordan into coming out of retirement, build a time machine, go back to 1984, pull a John Elway and refuse to play for anybody but Dallas. Maybe then we would have avoided having Nellie to begin with!

Better yet, let's construct a huge Guillotine in the middle of the West End and behead the S.O.B. in front of the entire city. That should cure all of the Maverick's woes.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Old 05-23-2003, 11:19 PM   #7
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

get real [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:22 PM   #8
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

<< This whole experiement is a failure. LET'S TRADE EVERYBODY FOR LeBRON! I know, maybe we can talk Michael Jordan into coming out of retirement, build a time machine, go back to 1984, pull a John Elway and refuse to play for anybody but Dallas. Maybe then we would have avoided having Nellie to begin with! >>

thought we established the position that you are a funny guy,so please stop,i cant breath here.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:29 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< Dirk went out when the game was almost finished,and i doubt Shawn would have made the difference. >>

There was 8 minutes left in the game and we were only down 12 points when Dirk went down with the injury. There was still time to make runs and stops so I'm not going to get on Nelson for having Dirk or any starter in the game at that time.

Nelson in a post game comment said the only way he'll play Dirk is if he's 100%. That Dirk swears he's 100% but from the looks of him tonight, that is not going to happen.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:31 PM   #10
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

<< There was 8 minutes left in the game and we were only down 12 points when Dirk went down with the injury. There was still time to make runs and stops so I'm not going to get on Nelson for having Dirk or any starter in the game at that time. >>

it wasnt like game 1 or 2,a run late in this one was impossible since SA were running like crazy and had all the momentom.
Maybe if you had a genius coach,which apparantly you dont have,you might had a way to switch the momentom,but a run out of the blue,when SA is having the quarter of their lifes is impossible.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:36 PM   #11
Capital Maverick

Capital Maverick is on a distinguished road

OK, John Wooden, what would Paul Silas, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, or anybody have done to stop that run?

They only thing that he should have done differently was to pull Nowitzki so he doesn't get hurt.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:51 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

NP, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

This team has shown it can come back from 18, 22, 28 points down time and again.

At the time of Dirk's injury, while the Spurs had the momentum, it was only a 12 point lead for them and our ball.

There was plenty of time for the Mavs to get a clue and do something about the momentum. 8 minutes is a lot of time to make the shift.

I would have been more disappointed if Nelson had called the game at that point.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:16 AM   #13
Tank

Tank is on a distinguished road

see thats it though we should have won this game simple fact that we didnt is because nellie took bell out early in the 3rd and went with the 2 pg lineup leaving nash on parker and nash let parker play like a superstar when hes really not that good of a player to begin with keep bell in there and he doesnt get 20 points in the 3rd and lead them from 10 back to up 11 before stupid ass nellie decides to call a timeout bell defends parker really well there was no reason for nellie to pull bell bell was defending very good hitting 8-10 shots shooting it well just and you would think after parker hits the first 8 shots parker gets against nash he would put bell in but he didnt thus we lose this game may not be the complete reason but it was a big reason
Old 05-24-2003, 02:50 AM   #14
Road Rage

Road Rage is on a distinguished road

^
|
|

DING DING DING DING! We have a winner!

This loss does fall squarely on Nellie's shoulders (the game was pretty much lost by the time Dirk went down). He let this one slip away be REFUSING to go away from the 2 pt guard lineup in the 3rd when SA started their big run. Nash was absolutely being abused by Parker on the defensive end (surprise, surprise) and he wasn't exactly setting the gym on fire on the offensive end. I don't know what was up with the Spurs getting a hand on all those Nash passes. It's hard to say if he was telegraphing them or what but he was clearly out of synch and out of control and should have been sat in favor of Bell who could possibly slow down Parker. Bell was actually playing well on the offensive end as well.

The crowd I was watching the game with was pleading for Nelson to get Bell back in the game when SA started to pull away. But that's Nelson's problem; he feels that when the team starts getting behind they have to shoot their way back into it. He completely sacrifices any defensive presence to put 5 scorers on the floor. It doesn't do any good to trade buckets if you're behind by double digits, you need stops and defensive rebounds.

Not to mention, there were periods in the 2nd half when the team just looked lost on the offensive end. They just all stood around on the perimiter watching the ballhandler on several plays like they had no idea what they wanted to do. On other plays, Dirk and Nash would run the pick and roll, they would GET THE DAMN SWITCH with Parker on Dirk, and Dirk would either NOT post up Parker, who is half his size, or Nash would not get him the ball.

This was a very frustrating game to watch considering how well we played the 1st half.
Road Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 08:47 AM   #15
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Nellie should stay. The series ain't over. If there's anyone who can come up with a gimmick that might work. That's Nellie.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:20 AM   #16
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

The Mavs are in an incredible Sh!tty position right now with injuries. The odds are totally stacked against us. But this is where Nellie has an advantage over any coach in the league. Nellie coaches best as the underdog, and he is by far the best underdog coach in the NBA. The odds of us winning are still slim, but with Nellie as coach we have the best chance.

After the season we can debate the merits of Nellie as a coach of a frontrunner, but now let's rally behind the troops. We're down, but we're not all the way out yet. Who knows what will happen. Probably we will lose, but stranger things have happened. One things for sure, if we give up now, WE WILL LOSE.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:30 AM   #17
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Someone need to close this stupid thread.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 11:16 AM   #18
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Amen, DNNF.

This is not the time.

AE, MFF....would you please lock this....
Old 05-24-2003, 11:29 AM   #19
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

actualy,this is a plesent conversation.
sure,there's a time and a place for everything but you cant lock a thread because you dont agree with what said.