Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-25-2004, 12:00 AM   #1
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Stackhouse: 6th Man??

Oh dear. From DMN's story on Jamison:

Dallas said Thursday it expects to plug in newcomer Jerry Stackhouse into the sixth-man role.

"We asked him that in our first conversation," president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said. "And he was excited about the possibility. We feel that will be a good asset."

---
What happened to "he'll likely never wear a Mavs uniform"?
Old 06-25-2004, 12:01 AM   #2
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:Stackhouse: 6th Man??

key word is good asset. I expect him to be gone by the end of July.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:01 AM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stackhouse: 6th Man??

I say:

Jerry Stackhouse: Sixth Man of the Year
Old 06-25-2004, 12:03 AM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, who the hell knows whether that's just Donnie blowing smoke. If he's serious though, Stack's not at all a bad guy to have backing up the 2/3. It puts us in a little bit of a conundrum regarding either JHo or Fin because all three simply do not fit (unless the Mavs lose Daniels, or course), but such is the price of having too many options I suppose. I'll be interested to see how things play out at the swing positions.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:09 AM   #5
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

I have a feeling that Mavs are expecting Daniels to be gone.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:38 AM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:52 AM   #7
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Daniels or Nash, I can't quite put my finger on it, but they obviously know something that i don't . . . we have been stockpiling gaurds like crazy. We really need Defensive help down low, its like a broken record every year.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:33 AM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I still expect Stackhouse to be traded, but who knows at this point. The Mavs are just posturing right now (remember that every player we acquire is going to be great, e.g., Tony Delk). Then again, he's really a pretty good insurance policy for Daniels leaving and/or Finley if the Mavs have to trade him to get Shaq.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:04 AM   #9
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: uberfan
I have a feeling that Mavs are expecting Daniels to be gone.
I think the Mavs have safeguarded themselves as much as possible to handle a possible Daniels or Nash exit.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:25 AM   #10
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I am so freaking confused right now. All I know is that we have too many guards right now, and we just drafted a center who has only played 60-something game minutes in his entire life... ?
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Stackhouse is not going play one minute as a mav...I am guessing...but "IF" he were to stay, would you think he may have a decent chance to be a better sixth man than NVE or even Jamison? I would say "yes" as far as him being better than NVE as a sixth and "maybe not" to being better than Jamison...what do you think on the topic? This guy is gone right?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't know what's going to happen with him. You pretty much know there are going to be more moves coming because the Mavs are almost certainly going to try to sign another center ala Tag/Clark, which would give them 17 players under contract. Thing is, JHo is likely trade bait at this point because: 1) he's got upside, 2) any team that has him and can give him minutes is going to be getting tremendous bang for their buck on the court for the next three years because of his small contract, and 3) his salary is small enough that it would be easy to get him in on a bigger deal to increase the talent level of the player(s) we get back without increasing the number of players we take back. I wouldn't be shocked to see JHo dealt and Stack take the reserve minutes at the 2/3.