Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
Jerry Stackhouse

Jerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to all
Default Steve Nash=MVP

After the results of the last two Suns games, I don't think there can be any doubt about the winner of what will someday be known as the Steve Nash Most Valuable Player Award.
Jerry Stackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

^winner MOST PRE-MATURE EJACULATON POSTER

M.P.Ep. M.P.Ep.

since Drbio isn't w/ us right now I felt I should give out the award in honor of him.. I am sure he could photoshop it better but I suck at that.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's obviously diaw who's the mvp. they can't win without him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

None of their success would be possible without the dedication and hard work of Mike, Dan, and Tony.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

because its not possible they could have lost to chicago with nash.... You know the team that beat the mavs at full strength. And its not like they have ever lost 2 games in a row with nash...Wait what? they started the year 1-5 and nash played all those games?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #6
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

Nash must be MVP if you create a thread about every suns game played without him.

I bet little dirky is getting a little jealous of the obvious man-crush you all have on Steve.
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

^you're a moron in the rough!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
Nash must be MVP if you create a thread about every suns game played without him.

I bet little dirky is getting a little jealous of the obvious man-crush you all have on Steve.
Nope...dirks says check the SCOREBOARD biyatch!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-12-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Looks like someone is trying to muster up some dignity after an embarrassing 4th quarter collapse.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:

That's because the Suns are the second place team and we are monitoring how far behind us they are falling, the threads aren't made because of Nash.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #11
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

But Jerry, I thought your vote was for Kobe?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

Nah,

if the Suns win - The regular season doesn't mean shot.
If they lose - It means they suck and shouldn't be in the same arena as the Mav's.

Good logic. See you in the WCF.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #13
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Can I have your vCash as you are kicked to the curb?

Last edited by Nemesis; 02-12-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nah,

If they lose - It means they suck and shouldn't be in the same arena as the Mav's.
Yeah, the regular season doesn't mean much either way both team will be in the WCF. We Mavs fans recognize the Suns as a good team, but we fell the Mavs are better. Too bad you had to come in and take cheap shots instead of talking basketball, but I guess that's just typcial of Suns fans.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:35 AM   #15
Jerry Stackhouse

Jerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
But Jerry, I thought your vote was for Kobe?
Kobe should've won MVP last year because he scored 81 points, but this year it has to be Nash.The Suns have put together one of the great teams in NBA history and little Stevie is the one who makes it all work.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:38 AM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Stackhouse
Kobe should've won MVP last year because he scored 81 points, but this year it has to be Nash.The Suns have put together one of the great teams in NBA history and little Stevie is the one who makes it all work.
Oh of course, my mistake.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #17
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
You have some major B-ball I.Q.........uhhh, huh huh...uhhh,huh huh...
Old 02-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #18
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yeah, the regular season doesn't mean much either way both team will be in the WCF. We Mavs fans recognize the Suns as a good team, but we fell the Mavs are better. Too bad you had to come in and take cheap shots instead of talking basketball, but I guess that's just typcial of Suns fans.
I dont care how far the Spurs are falling behind us, I will NOT conclusively state the Suns will meet us in the WCF based on the fact they (like the Rockets) proved nothing as of late in the postseason. I know, I know its a different team than last year with Amare back but a) do we know how bad that injury to Nash is, we are gaining ground fast! b) last year playing a 6th and 7th seed to get to us and losing really shouldn't be that impressive to Suns fans, and c) we all know about their struggles against good teams. So before we crown them as the team we will beat in the WCF we should still give good old SA a hard look... those three rings say they aren't going to roll over for Phoenix.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I dont care how far the Spurs are falling behind us, I will NOT conclusively state the Suns will meet us in the WCF based on the fact they (like the Rockets) proved nothing as of late in the postseason. I know, I know its a different team than last year with Amare back but a) do we know how bad that injury to Nash is, we are gaining ground fast! b) last year playing a 6th and 7th seed to get to us and losing really shouldn't be that impressive to Suns fans, and c) we all know about their struggles against good teams. So before we crown them as the team we will beat in the WCF we should still give good old SA a hard look... those three rings say they aren't going to roll over for Phoenix.
I was just trying to be nice to the Suns troll, but you're right. I still predict the Suns to be in the WCF but it's not a given and it won't be easy for them. I do think they are a much better team than the Spurs though.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:52 AM   #20
RingTheBell

Quote:
Maybe you are right but the "man-crush" jab was justified in my eyes after reading "because the suns are gay" posts in the Suns-Bulls thread. So the "typical fans" line happens to be a 2-way street

As for talking basketball... I really think the WCF is going to be one of the greatest series in basketball history pending both teams are healthy. It is really going to be good for the game no matter the outcome. I think the finals are going to be the winner of the west mopping up after a war.

I think Dallas obviously is a better defensive team who happen to have Dirk who can score at will. Where the Suns defense seems to come from their offensive tempo and energy.

The Suns lack the Dallas mental toughness and seem to get lazy but I really think if they have the energy, and I am hoping the hype from the series brings it, they are unbeatable.

I can hardly wait.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:53 AM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I guess 2 all stars aren't enough to beat Eastern conference teams like CHI and ATL

Gotta have 3 All-Stars for that.

gosh, the east must be kicking some ass.....
Old 02-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #22
RingTheBell

Wait, the Bulls beat the Mavs... WITH Dirk?

You can have the entire Mav's team with the All-Star titles. I'll take the championship.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #23
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
It's obviously diaw who's the mvp. they can't win without him.
Hazah....

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-12-2007 at 01:05 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #24
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You can have the entire Mav's team with the All-Star titles. I'll take the championship.
so when did you quit being a suns fan?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:18 AM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Nah,

Good logic. See you in the WCF.
Not if you meet Utah we won't.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:30 AM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

You guys should lay off little Jerry a bit. I can't quite tell if he's the village idiot or the mastermind of satire. Either way I actually find him very entertaining.

What was the last thread he started? Oh yeah, after Cro's 34 point night, he asked who was starter at PF for the next game. And the thread before that? Who's the Mav's MVP, Dirk or Stack.

Sheer greatness.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 02-12-2007 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:31 AM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:

One of the lamer troll posts, considering who has more all stars...
Old 02-12-2007, 05:39 AM   #28
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Oh and as for the Nash excuse...

When you have a seven man rotation and any one of your guys can't play, you're in trouble. When two of them are out, you're pretty much screwed.

Take out Barbosa and Bell instead, and you still have problems. Not as severe, but they're still there. The Suns losing without Nash is NOT a case for MVP.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 02-12-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #29
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
holy ****ing **** i knew people (and by people i mean A_3PO) would say this after this.

when nash left the denver game the suns were down 9 at the half, then outscored denver by 14 in the second half on the road to win it. were you ready to take the trophy away from him after that?

they beat portland on the road without him as well. and tonight they score 111 and have a ridiculous offensive efficiency but lose b/c they refuse to play defense. so unless you're saying nash is their defensive mvp, which pretty much every stat since he's been there would say is wrong, then don't bring this weak, one game sample size argument in here.

where is nash in PER? #7 last i checked, behind wade, dirk, duncan, garnett, arenas and someone else, i think kobe. right about where he belongs. look in 82games.com for the production and net production stats and the roland rating. well behing guys like dirk and wade again.

and PER and i'm guessing roland rating are offensive stats, which helps nash even more. why are those stats not important to you? why does the fact nash doesn't rebound, play defense, or even be one of those bad defensive players who still gets steals not bother you? why does the fact he's a tremendous shooter and passer and gets to play on the only team where those facets of his game can be exploited to the max, where he has the most talent in the league to pass to (they scored 111 without him!), the fastest paced team to increase his numbers, and a team where he never faces a single double team and is often isolated on 7 footer who have no chance and who can't receive help because the other team is scared to death to leave the others. and on a team that has no backup point guard which always makes him look better when he's not playing. why does none of that factor in?

would any of the teams with starters for the western all-stars trade their player straight up for nash, even if age wasn't a factor? would we be better playing nash over tmac these last 20 or so games without yao? would miami be better w/ nash and not wade (didn't you just say you think wade's the best player in the league in the wade vs. dirk thread). the lakers w/ nash and not kobe? san antonio with nash and not duncan? dallas w/o dirk and with nash (well we know the answer to that one since dallas has become the best team in the league since trading nash, a fact seemingly always overlooked in the nash=God frenzy).

nash is a really good player who has had some incredible years, but his stats and performance in no way deserved an mvp in the previous 2 seasons and no one would've have even argued with a straight face they thought he was the best player in the league either year. and i don't think anyone would argue it this year or thinks he would be this great on anyone but the suns. so basically because his organization puts the perfect talent around him, we should just give him MVPs.

in an era with dwyane wade, lebron james, kobe bryant, tim duncan, kevin garnett, dirk nowitzki, etc why are we letting steve nash make them his bitch in MVP voting? we're supposed to look back in 20 years and say,

yeah son, nash ruled the league.

oh, so he was like jordan level and obviously the best player in the league?

well no, he was just really good, but there were others who were better.

well then he must've been the ultimate winner, racking up 3 straight titles?

well, no he didn't win the first 2 years and may not again this year.

oh, because his supporting cast was so weak? well no, 2 of them would be considered top 20 or 25 players in the league and the others were athletic 3 point shooters who could pass? another guy took a much lesser cast of players and single-handedly won a title, but he was no steve nash.

well then his stats were just crazy?

well, no he racked up assists like crazy and scored fairly well but he didn't play defense or rebound.

but i thought mvp's were usually great on both ends of the court and well-rounde.....

Look! he was just the best, OK! the mvp voters are too smart for us.
I like the points this guy brings up from another forum.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
in an era with dwyane wade, lebron james, kobe bryant, tim duncan, kevin garnett, dirk nowitzki, etc why are we letting steve nash make them his bitch in MVP voting? we're supposed to look back in 20 years and say,

yeah son, nash ruled the league.

oh, so he was like jordan level and obviously the best player in the league?

well no, he was just really good, but there were others who were better.

well then he must've been the ultimate winner, racking up 3 straight titles?

well, no he didn't win the first 2 years and may not again this year.

oh, because his supporting cast was so weak? well no, 2 of them would be considered top 20 or 25 players in the league and the others were athletic 3 point shooters who could pass? another guy took a much lesser cast of players and single-handedly won a title, but he was no steve nash.

well then his stats were just crazy?

well, no he racked up assists like crazy and scored fairly well but he didn't play defense or rebound.

but i thought mvp's were usually great on both ends of the court and well-rounde.....

Look! he was just the best, OK! the mvp voters are too smart for us.
All good points.

all inarguable facts.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

He's got Kyle Korver's vote.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #32
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"Has everyone seen enough in the past week to forever bury that ridiculous ''Nash can't be the MVP because he plays with too many All-Stars'' argument? Thanks." - Marc Stein in these week's Power Rankings.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I like the points this guy brings up from another forum.
Boy windmill..that dudes was spot-on. thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #34
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
"Has everyone seen enough in the past week to forever bury that ridiculous ''Nash can't be the MVP because he plays with too many All-Stars'' argument? Thanks." - Marc Stein in these week's Power Rankings.
maybe we should email stein windmill's post.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #35
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Here is some more... this guy is gold. AND HE'S A ROCKETS FAN! Can you believe it?

This is his response to: "Fire away. Let's argue. Take your choice: Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Agent Zero, TD, etc. None of them measure up [To Nash]."

Quote:
except in PER (not lebron, but i don't think anyone is pimping him for mvp with his lackluster effort this year), and in production or net production or roland rating at 82games.com. and except in all-around stats. the only thing he's really good at is +/-, which is the most volatile and unreliable of those stats b/c it can tell you chuck hayes is better than yao ming and gilbert arenas is far and away the best player in the league.

do we just give nash the mvp every year he has at least 10 assists on the highest paced, most offensively talented team in the league for time immemorial? lets face it, the biggest difference b/t nash and stockton is that stockton's passes didn't end in ferocious dunks and alley oops or exciting 3's or fastbreaks. they both did the same thing. play in a nice system in which the point guard always handles the ball and makes almost all of the passes, allowing both to rack up assists. both ran pnr all the time and had to dissect the defense. and as much as people think nash scores unlike stockton, nash averaged the same these last 2 years (about 17 ppg) as stockton did for 4 or 5 years. and both played on similarly paced teams (the suns style now allowing them to have as many possessions as a slower late-80's team like utah). and on top of it all, flopton played D and got 3 steals per game. and utah won a lot. and somone will say there were so many great players back then. like there aren't now. like kobe didn't become only the 4th ever and first in about 20 years to put up 35 ppg while the lakers overachieve. like lebron wasn't the 4th ever with 30/7/6. or dwade wasn't dwade last year. or dirk didn't perhaps have the best statistical regular season of anyone last year. but no, lets just keep giving it to nash forever b/c the suns are fun to watch.

they beat the nuggets without him, beat the blazers without him, and now lost to atlanta w/ horrible defense. yes, they are worse w/o him, but your team damn well better even if you are merely good, much less great, much less mvp-worthy. have you seen miami with wade? i forget exactly, but for one stretch, it was something like they were 0-9 w/o him and 8-1 with him or something ridiculous like that. by all accounts, wade is the most valuable player to his team. why shouldn't he win it?

nash is one of the best offensive players in the league playing on the best offensive team in the league where every one of his strenghts is emphasized and every weakness is glossed over (no one cares how the suns play D or if nash doesn't) so he gets unfairly overrated. put him on the heat instead of wade and watch him face double teams with unreliable teammates to pass to. ask him to kill himself going to the basket all the time to get the free points his team needs to win and i don't see him handling it. put wade not the suns and the rest of the league might as well give up.
In response to: "That's the kind of impact he [Nash] has on that team. With him, they are a championship contender and elite team. Without him, uh oh!"

Quote:
right now they are 2-1 w/o him. that would be a 55 win team. but it's all stupid b/c it's such a small sample. they've played weak teams, but played 2 of 3 on the road. i think nash is coming back sunday so we're not gonna get more than a 3 game look. but saying they've sucked since then is silly. they scored right at their 111 ppg average tonight and had an even higher offensive efficiency than their season average. how are they chickens with their heads cut off? it appears they lost b/c they gave up 120, so i guess it's nash that holds that D together, based on one game and ignoring 2 others (where denver i think scored 48 in the half he didn't play vs 60 in the first half (the suns offense went from 51 to 62, maybe nash is holding the O back and helping the D!!!) and portland scored 96 or something in regulation).

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-12-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After the results of the last two Suns games, I don't think there can be any doubt about the winner of what will someday be known as the Steve Nash Most Valuable Player Award.
Why? The Suns had just lost a couple of games recently with before Nash went down. Use some common sense. The Suns were struggling before Nash went down.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, you should win the MVP because you scored 81 points in a game? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So if a Ranger hits 5 HR's in a game, should he win the MVP even if he hits .250 for the year with 15 homers and 60 RBI's? Obviously, Bryant didn't have a bad year by any stretch, but to say that he deserves the MVP because of one game is flat out stupid.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #38
Jerry Stackhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
So, you should win the MVP because you scored 81 points in a game? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So if a Ranger hits 5 HR's in a game, should he win the MVP even if he hits .250 for the year with 15 homers and 60 RBI's? Obviously, Bryant didn't have a bad year by any stretch, but to say that he deserves the MVP because of one game is flat out stupid.
How many of those home runs are grand slams in your scenario?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #39
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

True genius from Hollinger in his live chat at espn.com today:

Zain Atl: John, u have jurk... I meant.. dirk as ur MVP. but seeing the suns last 2 games I give my MVP vote to Nash.

John Hollinger: (2:16 PM ET ) That'd be fun to explain to Dirk that he isn't the MVP because he played all 82 games.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I still think the guy you're talking to is no more than a comedic genius.