Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-20-2003, 02:27 PM   #1
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road
Default Street Ball

Does anyone here watch Street Ball on ESPN? There are some really quick players there. I know good street ballers dont make the transision to the L that well (Best StreetBaller turned into mediocre NBA player Rafer Alston) But Ive been watching the open runs and the games for young, VERY YOUNG talent. And there was one kid that caught my eye.... Rory Grace from Seattle, if any of u guys have seen this kid play, hes like 12 and hes crossin over the AND1 guys...

Or have any of u have watched it just for the sickkk moves... I cant believe some of the things they do... If u havent watched it, I highly encourage it for some basketball related entertainment. Its very enjoyable

ESPN, Tuesday at 6 and 6:30
Old 07-20-2003, 02:44 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Street Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirks Cuzin
Does anyone here watch Street Ball on ESPN? There are some really quick players there. I know good street ballers dont make the transision to the L that well (Best StreetBaller turned into mediocre NBA player Rafer Alston) But Ive been watching the open runs and the games for young, VERY YOUNG talent. And there was one kid that caught my eye.... Rory Grace from Seattle, if any of u guys have seen this kid play, hes like 12 and hes crossin over the AND1 guys...

Or have any of u have watched it just for the sickkk moves... I cant believe some of the things they do... If u havent watched it, I highly encourage it for some basketball related entertainment. Its very enjoyable

ESPN, Tuesday at 6 and 6:30

I'm right here with you. I watch it for the moves alone. I saw Rory this kid had me hyped and even a bit jealous that someone 12 years old can do the moves that grown guys do. I hear AO was trying out for the Sonics but I don't know how that turned out. I went to the one when they came down here and one of my friends got crossed over by Hot Sauce. He said he jus wanted to get on the tape but he really did get crossed over. I predict that AND1 is going to be the next big thing. I migth be going a bit far here but maybe even bigger than the Harlem Globtrotters. You can kind of see that they are getting bigger because they went from playing on the street to playing indoor NBA GYMS. Anyone remember Chris Hightower? I believe he is in charge of the And 1 tour. Did you notice all the hate on Skip? THis show is great.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Street Ball

Rory was from Vancouver, and the And1 guys were going easy on him. True he is very talented, but he is also slow, from what i could remember he could barely put a sentence together.

He is also about 4'7, and that is not all that tall for 12.

Phillip "hot sauce" Champion might be a decent player in the L, but he doesn't seem to wanna leave the tour.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:33 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Street Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
Rory was from Vancouver, and the And1 guys were going easy on him. True he is very talented, but he is also slow, from what i could remember he could barely put a sentence together.

He is also about 4'7, and that is not all that tall for 12.

Phillip "hot sauce" Champion might be a decent player in the L, but he doesn't seem to wanna leave the tour.

I think the guy who might be the most NBA ready may be Half Man Half Amazing. I like Hot Sauce and from wathcing what he does on the court his speed alone I thought maybe it could find him a roster in the NBA. He hasn't even tryed out for a NBA team. I'm happy for these guys though. If you watch the show you hear abuot how financially these guys are and you always hope the best of them.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 05:36 PM   #5

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough
Default Street Ball

yeah i watch streetball and have some of the mix tapes and their pretty sweet, though some of the moves are illegal

FFM, were u talkin about the one at the AAC? because I went to that one at the AAC a few weeks ago and did you see that good white kid named The Professor? His name is like Grayson Boucherand he has all the fundamentals with a little flash in his game. Anybody seen him? His handles are incredible, and he can shoot the lights out, and sees the floor.. My friend and i were watching the shoot-around and the kid hit 7 straight NBA threes. He's also on Streetball on ESPN since he has made it to the next city starting from portland where he lives.

AO's got game, but i dont know about the NBA. some of the other players on the tour might have a chance at the NBA if they worked hard on fundamentals
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #6
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default Street Ball

There's a reason these guys are'nt in the L....fundamentals. 95% of the moves they do to make people look silly, although cool to watch, are illegal in real basketball. Hot sauce can't drive left either, I saw this guy they just pulled off the street shut him down because he just let him go left but he kept trying to go right.

Also, they only play good defense when they feel like it or the game is on the line. The And1 team can't be like the Trotters because they have lost games. The only players who don't cheat are the guys whose job is to throw down all the meatball alley-oops.

The Professor is actually a real basketball player who just happens to have mad handles, I hope his stint on the tour does'nt make him change his game any, he's actually got some potential in real basketball.

The players on the tour hate on Skip to my Lou because he actually did the things that are necessary to get into the L, i.e. college (Fresno St.) and NBA summer pro leagues. Those players on the tour have the attitude that something is owed to them, and nobody will want them with that attitude.

I like watching the And1 tour because I love anything basketball, but the New York brand of basketball is a skewed version, and only the very fundamentally sound players get a shot at the L.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:36 PM   #7
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Street Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rod1975
. The And1 team can't be like the Trotters because they have lost games.
Man i don't know any damn fool that still goes to see the Trotters, but everyone i know wanted to go to the tour. They might have lost games, but they are better then the globetrotters, and they don't lose many games.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:59 PM   #8
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default Street Ball

Easy, Killer, I'm just saying that it's not rigged like the Trotters.