Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-04-2003, 09:58 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 62 yard......extra point? Wow.

Kick breaks record in two states

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- David Rosenbaum kicked a 62-yard extra point in a high school game. No big deal, he said. He's made longer kicks in practice.

The astonishing kick came after a 69-yard kickoff return for a touchdown -- by none other than Rosenbaum himself.

Following the TD return, Rosenbaum and his teammates drew 15-yard penalties for excessive celebration, unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting. That put the ball at the 45 for the point-after, and Rosenbaum split the uprights in the third quarter to highlight Wilson High School's 41-0 victory over Spingarn on Friday night.

"I saw it as a chip shot," Rosenbaum told the Washington Post. "I have hit longer ones in practice."

The D.C. Interscholastic Athletic Association does not have records of the longest league kicks, but this was longer than the state record for field goals in Virginia and Maryland. The national high school field goal record is 68 yards by Dick Borgonone of Reno, Nev., in 1985.

Oddly, Rosenbaum's longest field goal is only 27 yards, kicked last week. He will attend Virginia next year on a soccer scholarship.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2003, 10:02 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

What's ridiculous is that the refs would call that many penalties on one play. Should have been 1 15 yard penalty. If things were really out of hand then the refs should have started throwing players out of the game.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:48 PM   #3
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

After about 45 yards one point just seems pointless to me. This kid is gonna be a great kicker in the NFL someday. A "chip shot", amazing.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 11:54 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

a kicker from baylor used to kick 70 yarders routinely in practice. he went to abilene cooper high school and kicked a 54 yarder into the wind to win a game that i saw..

he never made it in the NFL

jeff Ireland.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 01:25 PM   #5
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 62 yard......extra point? Wow.

He won't make it to the NFL. He plays soccer. Besides, HS kickers kick of a tee. Much easier. I'm not taking anything away from the accomplishment, but its much different kicking from the ground.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 04:08 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeff Ireland had a thunderous leg. He was amazing.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote