Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-14-2003, 01:58 AM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Will the Cowboys play in January?

I have a bad feeling that the cowboys without a consistient running game will only win one out of the last three games.

9-7 will not get them into the playoffs, but atleast they will be above 500. During pre-season I thought they will finish at best 4-12
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2003, 11:46 AM   #2
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Will the Cowboys play in January?

I had them at 7-9 before the seasonstarted so I am pleasantly surprised, but this is not a playoff team that can make any noise if they get in at all. They lack a quarterback and the running game sucks.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 05:38 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

They're getting in.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #4
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
They're getting in.
Possibly...hopefully....but they won't make much noise if/when they do. Still...this season has been a pleasant surprise.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

What do you guys want? A Super Bowl this year? Let's not forget where this team came from.

Making the playoffs is a huge accomplishment with this roster. Think about it. They don't have a feature running back any other team would want. They don't have a quarterback other teams would want. They have three pretty good receivers, but none of them is currently what you'd call a stud.

They're not likely to advance in the playoffs because they're probably going to start on the road, where they don't play well. Still, they've done a heck of a job just to get there. Next season, we can expect more.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:12 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Double post.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:02 PM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Definitely, I agree w/kg. If this team doesn't get another win, this season is already a success. To go from 5-11 x3 to this in a year is amazing. Just to make it to the playoffs would be unbelievable. And do-able. The Saints? Do-able.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:27 AM   #8
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

They're not likely to advance in the playoffs because they're probably going to start on the road, where they don't play well. Still, they've done a heck of a job just to get there.
i don't know. the boys will face either Green bay, Minnesota, Seattle or Carolina
in the first. I think they can beat all 4 of those teams. I mean it's not a lock, but very possible.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:27 AM   #9
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Will the Cowboys play in January?

double post
Old 12-15-2003, 04:50 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Definately doesn't matter to me whether we go far in the playoffs are not. I'm just happy to even get there at this point. This was our rebuilding year and with basically the same roster we had when we went 5-11 we can manage to win 10 games this season. I expect the Giants to be just as bad as the Redskins.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 05:02 PM   #11
bogey
Banned

We haven't won 10 games yet, but what a year! Totally surpassed everyones wildest dreams.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:06 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

in total agreement, what a wonderful year for a team that very little was expected from....what a nice surprise!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 07:07 PM   #13
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
in total agreement, what a wonderful year for a team that very little was expected from....what a nice surprise!
Pretty much my sentiments. I never predicted this for the 'Boys this year, so anything they do in the playoffs is gravy. I'm already looling forward to next year. If Bill can get this much out this team this year, imagine what he could do with a second year.

All Cowboy haters, your days are numberd.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 07:18 PM   #14
bogey
Banned

I think we are all excited like that kingrex.