Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-15-2004, 01:48 AM   #1
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road
Default Mav set to sign Jukka

Mavericks set to unveil Arrupa Jukka a 7 ft 11" 386 lb. center from Asia Minor.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:49 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mav set to sign Jukka

Quote:
Originally posted by: basketball jonessss
lol.

link?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:08 AM   #3
basketball jonessss

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Originally posted by: basketball jonessss
lol.

link?
Well, at first they thought he was the missing link, but have since ruled it out.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:14 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

new "basketball star" Saddam Al Jukka.

July 14th, 2004
SAN ANTONIO, TX - The San Antonio Spurs have announced today that they have signed mystery center Saddam Al Jukka. Per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

At first it was unclear if Jukka was eligible to be signed because he would not release his personal information, and his age could not be determined, but NBA Commissioner, David Stern has confirmed through carbon dating that Jukka is in fact old enough to play in the NBA. "He's a very old soul. I was excited that the NBA would be able to employ a player of that magnitude...a player that was part of the original tier of angels in heaven and the first one to be removed from God's eternal home."

Saddam Al Jukka, who appeared on the scene in Iraq where he became the captain of the Camp Cropper prison basketball team, has had his stock explode in recent weeks when a legal loophole, the "bloody glove twist" allowed him to leave prison free. Since he was paid in cigarettes, San Antonio had an easy time buying out his contract, but had to deal with the conversion between Camel brand cigarettes and U.S. Dollars.

[img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2004, 02:16 AM   #5
basketball jonessss

lol

link?[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2004, 02:20 AM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

apparently Allah is a Spurs fan.

But seriously, I highly doubt this. Sounds like a fun lounge thread.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:42 AM   #7
zanahale

zanahale is on a distinguished road

Erica, what does that have to do with the Mavericks. lol
zanahale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:53 AM   #8
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice
Default RE: Mav set to sign Jukka

this is possibly the most offensive thread i ever seen posted in the year and a half i've been on this board. erica, you have a screw loose if you think it's cool to pass your ignorance about Islam and the Iraqi prison abuse as humor. save it for the 'political' board.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:58 AM   #9
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: mav_love
this is possibly the most offensive thread i ever seen posted in the year and a half i've been on this board. erica, you have a screw loose if you think it's cool to pass your ignorance about Islam and the Iraqi prison abuse as humor. save it for the 'political' board.
Yes, how could one be so ignorant of the fine history of islam in the world of sports?

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:00 AM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: Mav set to sign Jukka

cool it.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 01:10 PM   #11
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: mav_love
Come on. Making fun of Saddam is supposed to be fun, not offensive.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:00 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

wow, Im usually so PC. I knew the thread would be dumped to the lounge so I just tried to at least make it funny. Sorry if anyone was offended.

I am very concerned with the prison abuse scandals and I was making light of that, maybe innapropriately.
The remark about Saddam being Satan was unrelated to Islam. If you know anything about Saddam's past and the bible, that was clearly not a cut at Islam. It was a cut at someone who had killed hundreds, if not thousands of people.