Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-21-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default What kind of offer can we give Boston besides Dirk?

Dallas trades:
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)

Dallas receives:
SG Paul Pierce (22.9 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 38.7 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, -7.1 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

Boston trades:
SF Jumaine Jones (2.2 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 8.9 minutes)

Boston receives:
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 26 games)
PF Danny Fortson (3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 56 games)
SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 39 games)

Change in team outlook: -4.6 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Denver trades:
SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes)

Denver receives:
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
SF Jumaine Jones (2.2 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 42 games)

Change in team outlook: +8.1 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +1.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
bigox71

bigox71 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:What kind of offer can we give Boston besides Dirk?

nice to dream

would never do it unless ainge wanted to tank another season, but i just dont think he wants to get run out of boston
bigox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Pierce and Walker in Dallas???? No thanks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'll keep Howard. I want to see him play some NBA competition after this summer.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:17 PM   #5
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: What kind of offer can we give Boston besides Dirk?

THanks for catching that LRB.

How about we trade Walker for Z straight up? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:29 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

God help us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:35 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Paul Pierce and Dirk on the same team that would be crazy?

Harris
Pierce
Fin
Dirk

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:51 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Walker and Pierce on the same team would be awful.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:17 AM   #9
bigox71

bigox71 is on a distinguished road

yeah, i dont want walker and pierce either. that slipped by me. if we turned walker into a good 5 and managed to pull this deal off for pierce, we would have had a GREAT off-season. but i will say it again: it will never happen.
bigox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:07 AM   #10
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do we need Pierce? He isn't that much better than Finley, IMO. In fact, I don't think Finley, Daniels, Nowitzki, and Pierce could ever be on the same court together and be effective. Too many of the same skills.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:57 AM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Do we have to make Denver better while making ourselves worse?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:16 PM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Is it possible for a thread to give me an appendicitis? I have started getting cramping pains in my side because I read this thread. Now my left arm feels weak. wreFJDSAG. I feel lightheaded. I see a light. <<head hits keyboard>> gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Rather than fake my own death, I can whip this out:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #14
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Why do we need Pierce? He isn't that much better than Finley, IMO. In fact, I don't think Finley, Daniels, Nowitzki, and Pierce could ever be on the same court together and be effective. Too many of the same skills.
he isn't that much better than finley? lmao..are you kidding me?

this guy is a REAL superstar...he goes inside and gets to the free throw line...

he also dropped 40 on the nets in a half and brought the team back to win a game...i don't remember finley ever doing such a thing
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #15
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I'd do it just to make the team younger and to get rid of players. The thought of PP and Walker on the same team is scary though. The Mavs would lead the league in turnovers.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:05 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
Quote:

this guy is a REAL superstar...he goes inside and gets to the free throw line...

he also dropped 40 on the nets in a half and brought the team back to win a game...i don't remember finley ever doing such a thing
No I'm not kidding, and you must be anti-Fin.

Career #'s

Career G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG PG TO PF PPG
Finley 671 632 39.5 .451 .365 .806 1.40 3.80 5.20 3.8 1.20 .37 1.97 1.90 19.3
Pierce 444 442 37.9 .432 .356 .789 1.20 5.30 6.50 3.6 1.79 .86 3.12 3.00 23.2

Let's see.
Fin wins FG%, 3pt%, FT%, Off Rebounds, Assists, TO, PF
Pierce wins Def Rebounds, Overall Rebounds, Steals, and total PPG by less than 4 (and has been the #1 option all the years he has been there)

I am not saying that Pierce isn't better and younger, just that he is not "that" much better and is not a REAL superstar as you claim.

You say Pierce dropped 40 in half, then he must have only scored 8 in the other half, because 48 is his top scoring game ever. Fin's is 42 -- not that much difference. Yes, he does go inside and get to the free throw line more often than Fin. Fin did alot more before Dirk though. One game Paul attempted 23 Free Throws, but one game Fin attempted 17.

Check out some stats, watch a few games, before you start bashing what has been accomplished by players. You may find out that your perception is bound by favoritism.

Please note, I did not say that Fin was better than Paul Pierce, just that both are second level players below the "SuperStars".

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 05:21 PM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

The real question is why does denver get TWO servicable-to-good players for a player that they admit, has no future with them?
Old 07-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #18
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Career #'s

Let's see.
Pierce wins Def Rebounds, Overall Rebounds, Steals, and total PPG by less than 4 (and has been the #1 option all the years he has been there)

I am not saying that Pierce isn't better and younger, just that he is not "that" much better and is not a REAL superstar as you claim.

You say Pierce dropped 40 in half, then he must have only scored 8 in the other half, because 48 is his top scoring game ever. Fin's is 42 -- not that much difference. Yes, he does go inside and get to the free throw line more often than Fin. Fin did alot more before Dirk though. One game Paul attempted 23 Free Throws, but one game Fin attempted 17.

Check out some stats, watch a few games, before you start bashing what has been accomplished by players. You may find out that your perception is bound by favoritism.

Please note, I did not say that Fin was better than Paul Pierce, just that both are second level players below the "SuperStars".
4 ppg is a lot..it's not as subtle as you make it out to be..4 extra ppg could've done wonders for the mavs in the playoffs this year

stats don't mean much when you talk about clutch performances..does that mean robert horry sucks?..pierce carried the celtics as a one man team to the playoffs last year....granted he's in the east but you switch fin and pierce and i can guarantee that the same celtics team wouldn't make the playoffs

nothing against fin..to me, he is a spot up shooter..pierce is a superstar..

pierce also dominates 4th quarters..i haven't seen much of that from fin

again, if you are down by 20+ points at halftime and can score 40 in a half to bring your team back, that is nothing short of remarkable

if you want to talk about two players that aren't that much different with regards to fin, you can probably compare him to eddie jones
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:16 PM   #19
Richie41

Richie41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok
Dallas trades:
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)

Dallas receives:

Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, -7.1 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

Boston trades:
SF Jumaine Jones (2.2 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 8.9 minutes)

Boston receives:
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 26 games)
PF Danny Fortson (3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 56 games)
SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 39 games)

Change in team outlook: -4.6 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Denver trades:
SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes)

Denver receives:
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
SF Jumaine Jones (2.2 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 42 games)

Change in team outlook: +8.1 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +1.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
That is the stupidest trade i have ever seen. The only team that would do that would be Denver.

First of all....why the heck do we want Pierce? I love Pierce but why do we want him? What purpose? What for? For him to be along side Walker to turn us into the 02-03 Celtics?

Lets solve our current problems before creating bigger ones.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:29 PM   #20
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Career #'s

Let's see.

4 ppg is a lot..it's not as subtle as you make it out to be..4 extra ppg could've done wonders for the mavs in the playoffs this year

stats don't mean much when you talk about clutch performances..does that mean robert horry sucks?..pierce carried the celtics as a one man team to the playoffs last year....granted he's in the east but you switch fin and pierce and i can guarantee that the same celtics team wouldn't make the playoffs

nothing against fin..to me, he is a spot up shooter..pierce is a superstar..

pierce also dominates 4th quarters..i haven't seen much of that from fin

again, if you are down by 20+ points at halftime and can score 40 in a half to bring your team back, that is nothing short of remarkable

if you want to talk about two players that aren't that much different with regards to fin, you can probably compare him to eddie jones
4ppg means a lot only if he had a higher FG%. Otherwise, it just means he has a higher PPG because he took a lot more shots.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote