Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-21-2004, 05:23 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default My trade to fix everything

Dallas trades: 1 Pile of Poop (3 poops 15.4 minutes)
1 Sneaker (stinks in 19.2 minutes)
1 Sweaty jock (Can be used as slingshot 30.6 minutes)

Dallas receives: PF Jermaine O'Neal (20.1 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.1 apg in 35.7 minutes)
C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 33.9 minutes)
PG Kirk Hinrich (12.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 6.8 apg in 35.6 minutes)

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas, Indiana, New Orleans and Chicago being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas, Indiana, New Orleans and Chicago had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Why Dallas does it: Well you can generate more poo, and buy sneakers and a jokc at oshmans. O'Neal, Magloire, and Hinrich are all young players with lots of talent. They play defense, and solve the big man problem. The contracts of Magloire, Hinrich, and Oneal are all moveable at a later date.

Why Indy, Chicago, and New Orleans does it: Because realgm told me so.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2004, 05:57 AM   #2
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: My trade to fix everything

lol
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:My trade to fix everything

JO can stay in the locker room and do laundry. How 'bout we get AK47 instead?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i'll probably get flamed for this..but i think o'neal is overrated big time(nowhere near MVP candidate)..he's a good defender..but he disappears offensively when he is needed the most
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:30 AM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
i'll probably get flamed for this..but i think o'neal is overrated big time(nowhere near MVP candidate)..he's a good defender..but he disappears offensively when he is needed the most
That's so true rakesh. We could do so much more with the pile of poop.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:31 AM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, you're right. Anytime a power forward shoots 43 percent or under from the field, you aren't efficient offensively. Antoine Walker for example.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:33 AM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Quote:
No, you're right. Anytime a power forward shoots 43 percent or under from the field, you aren't efficient offensively. Antoine Walker for example.
I assumed Walker was the Sweaty Jock.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:45 AM   #8
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I'm sorry. This deal is barred by the CBA. Dallas has had the pile of poop for less than sixty days, so it can only be traded by itself, not combined with other assets in a deal.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:13 PM   #9
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
That's so true rakesh. We could do so much more with the pile of poop.
Agreed, the pile 'o poop can definitely be an offensive threat; no defenders want to go near it usually, because of the stankiness. Hence, the poop is many times wide open with a good look at the basket.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:28 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'll say it again; just because it works on RealGM TradeChecker doesnt mean it's plausible or probable. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think we need a discussion on whether we really want Magloire, O'Neal and Hinrich where we all whine about giving up the pile of poo

I think the thread also needs a tag of "must read" "please look inside" and "tell me what you think"
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 06:40 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

You know grbh I was thinking.... we should get a third team involved. Think you could swing that? I bet we could get Mourning or something like that if we threw in a sock. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 PM   #12
Richie41

Richie41 is on a distinguished road

If we didn't make any trades, Nelly could still generate an offense.

The Sweaty Jock can play as point forward wearing the Sneaker. With that combo he could stink his way into the offense, using the the Pile of Poop as screen to get to the basket.

More good news would include the fact that we would actually have a good Defense, being so stinky that we can finally cover all the shots of players and alter some shots.

Unfortunately that would mean the sweaty jock would complain about minutes until he averages about 50 a game.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #13
reggiemiller

reggiemiller is on a distinguished road

I agree about the fg % but JO still owns. Name one center/pf in the east thats better than JO. (please don't say Shaq)
Old 07-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Shaq
Old 07-23-2004, 11:24 PM   #15
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The Problem there, reggie, is that he'd be playing in the West.

I think we are too quick to discount the pile o' poop's upside. It has the potential to develop into a cloud of flies which could fly around in the court biting opponent players and contaminating them with typhoid fever and the likes. By the second half we would pull the flies, subbing them with the jockstrap. Players with over 104 degrees of fever aren't as mobile.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:31 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
The Problem there, reggie, is that he'd be playing in the West.

I think we are too quick to discount the pile o' poop's upside. It has the potential to develop into a cloud of flies which could fly around in the court biting opponent players and contaminating them with typhoid fever and the likes. By the second half we would pull the flies, subbing them with the jockstrap. Players with over 104 degrees of fever aren't as mobile.
Genius
Old 07-23-2004, 11:58 PM   #17
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Except Typhoid Fever can't be transmitted by flies, as google has just revealed. And since you quoted me I can't edit my original message and hide that I was in fact talking out of my anus.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:13 AM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Except Typhoid Fever can't be transmitted by flies, as google has just revealed. And since you quoted me I can't edit my original message and hide that I was in fact talking out of my anus.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 04:19 AM   #19
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Quote:
think we are too quick to discount the pile o' poop's upside. It has the potential to develop into a cloud of flies which could fly around in the court biting opponent players and contaminating them with typhoid fever and the likes. By the second half we would pull the flies, subbing them with the jockstrap. Players with over 104 degrees of fever aren't as mobile.
man, what a homer

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote