Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-09-2002, 07:29 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

I for one- luv it! I wish all the great dunkers were in it though!!
Like in the old days..jordan vs. wilkens...that was awsome....
Old 02-09-2002, 08:56 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'll probably watch it. I'm not "excited" about it though.

I hear their useing a New method this year or somethin?? Something about spinning a wheel or somesuch?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 09:25 PM   #3
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

hmmm. I hadnt heard that?
Old 02-09-2002, 09:31 PM   #4
reeds
Golden Member

ah man... My boy Ray Allen just choked in the 3point shooting...Looks like Nash will advance...Ill Take Stoyankavich or however u spell it
Old 02-09-2002, 11:34 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Nah, I'm not liking the whole Spin the wheel thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] . The entire dunk contest was kinda lame imo. Richardsons dunk at the end was the only bright spot. That dunk was simply AWESOME!!

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 12:38 AM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

The wheel might have been cool if it hadn't landed on Dr. J three times. And Francis not even attempting to do Terence Stansbury's dunk was WEAK. He can do a 360, all he had to do was a 360 with his arms fully extended, then pull his left hand off the ball and throw it down. Not being able to palm the ball would have been forgiven by the judges if they'd seen effort. As one of our junior high coaches used to say, "weak, weak, weak."

The right guy won, anyway, I think, but I would like to have seen only freestyle dunks in the prelims, with the wheel at the end, where the two guys have to do the same dunk, as long as it's a dunk they both can do.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 12:52 PM   #7
reeds
Golden Member

ya- i wasnt liking it too much either. Richardson couldnt come close to doing that free-throw line dunk. I wish Vince Carter would have been in it. That man can fly leaving the ground with one or two feet. I think he could have pulled off the free-throw line dunk.
Old 02-10-2002, 02:43 PM   #8
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Vince can dunk with two hands taking off with his foot on the FT line.......

But still, even considering J-Rich's last dunk, it will be very, very hard to beat VC's 360 windmill dunk he did in 2000, that dunk was simply inhuman.
Old 02-10-2002, 03:45 PM   #9
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I was only able to catch the final (wallace-j.rich) but that final dunk by richardson was NASTY.