Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-05-2004, 06:00 AM   #1
StvNash13

StvNash13 is on a distinguished road
Default Props to K-mart

K-mart is not the most likeable character, and I don't like him that much, BUT i wanna give him major props for stepping up and getting Earl Boykins' back like that. For those of you who don't know, Cassell pushed a 5'5 Earl Boykins, who weighs less than my computer, and pushed him pretty hard. K-mart wasted not time and pushed the hell out of Cassell. I loved it. Many would say it's inappropriate and "thuglike" or whatever, but i thought it was the right thing to do. You always stand up for your teammates, that's what a team is all about. Major props once again.
StvNash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Props to K-mart

Cassell's little bump after the initial foul was unneccessary.. but it was fairly harmless. I DEFINITELY don't think it was worthy of a technical. If Cassell gets thrown out for throwing the ball at Martin, Martin should, without a doubt, be tossed for the shove.

On a side note.. am I the only one that realizes how big of a fortune Martin has made.. especially considering he hasn't ever made a shot that's been the difference between a win and a loss? He's maybe my least favorite player in the league.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I have only one thing to say:

What's up with Spreewell and Hudson's hair?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Props to K-mart

I like Kmart sticking up for his teammates...

Apparently Boykins can bench 300lb+ so don't feel too sorry.

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

TripleDipping, that was a good observation. I couldn't believe what I saw. Pigtails on grown men who weren't pretending to be cheerleaders. My wife commented on how horrible that looked. I had to explain to her that they were in fact heterosexual males with many children. She still thought they were on the down-low. How do you refute that? I don't know. But they really looked like a couple of idiots to me.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:50 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
I have only one thing to say:

What's up with Spreewell and Hudson's hair?
Seriously...it looks like their hair care professional is Pippy Longstocking.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:51 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Martin played very well. I loved that he took out Cassell. That was awesome. Man I love those Nuggets.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:54 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: poohrichardson
Cassell's little bump after the initial foul was unneccessary.. but it was fairly harmless. I DEFINITELY don't think it was worthy of a technical. If Cassell gets thrown out for throwing the ball at Martin, Martin should, without a doubt, be tossed for the shove.

On a side note.. am I the only one that realizes how big of a fortune Martin has made.. especially considering he hasn't ever made a shot that's been the difference between a win and a loss? He's maybe my least favorite player in the league.
Horse poo. Cassell was T'd up for his cowardly push AFTER having been called for the foul. THat second effort mandates a technical since the foul was called. Cassells is a puss anyways. Martin immediately covered Boykins back and rightfully so. I don't know if your man hate for Martin is making your vision cloudy, but once Cassells the moron threw that ball it mandated a second tech. He's gone. KMart took his tech like a man. Cassells was a frickin' coward and then cried like the little bee-yatch he's become when it came time to pay for his actions. Even KG understood KMart's actions. You could see him saying "I know...I know..but stop".

Martin made himself a crowd favorite and delivered an important message to the league. The Nuggets aren't going to take any crap. When Nene comes back it will be even more evident.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:41 PM   #9
poohrichardson

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: poohrichardson

Horse poo. Cassell was T'd up for his cowardly push AFTER having been called for the foul. THat second effort mandates a technical since the foul was called. Cassells is a puss anyways. Martin immediately covered Boykins back and rightfully so. I don't know if your man hate for Martin is making your vision cloudy, but once Cassells the moron threw that ball it mandated a second tech. He's gone. KMart took his tech like a man. Cassells was a frickin' coward and then cried like the little bee-yatch he's become when it came time to pay for his actions. Even KG understood KMart's actions. You could see him saying "I know...I know..but stop".

Martin made himself a crowd favorite and delivered an important message to the league. The Nuggets aren't going to take any crap. When Nene comes back it will be even more evident.

Has the league become so pussified that Cassell's tiny little bump on Boykins (which wouldn't have been a big deal at all if Martin hadn't spazzed out) is worthy of a technical? This isn't a contact sport.. but at the same time, a tiny little bump like that, that couldn't even knock 5'5" Boykins off of his feet is absolutely harmless.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #10
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

off topic, but it looks like kmart got ABUSED by either boozer or kirilenko.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:25 PM   #11
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm a Denver fan I'm extremely discouraged by the extent to which KMart and Melo look to have gotten positively owned by Boozer and AK tonight.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:08 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Melo sucked tonight.

As for the Cassells thing...he broke the rules, was called for a tech tehn showed his ass and got double teched and tossed. Like the dimocrats, all the whining in the world isn't going to change anything.

Fortunately, KMart understood (like Bush) that you don't allow the enemy to give you shit. KMart is a take no shit kind of guy and did the right thing whether you agree with it or not.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:54 AM   #13
poohrichardson

Quote:
Melo sucked tonight.

As for the Cassells thing...he broke the rules, was called for a tech tehn showed his ass and got double teched and tossed. Like the dimocrats, all the whining in the world isn't going to change anything.

Fortunately, KMart understood (like Bush) that you don't allow the enemy to give you shit.

First of all, comparing politics to a basketball brawl is downright asinine, you should, of all people, know that. Bringing politics into it is just completely lame and uneccessary. This is coming from someone who voted for Bush.

Quote:
KMart is a take no shit kind of guy and did the right thing whether you agree with it or not.
Take no shit kind of guy? It looks like someone is taking a shit on his statlines in games that mean anything. And if I disagree with it, that wouldn't make it "the right thing," because "right" is such a subjective word, it's not a yes or no thing. I see him as nothing but a regular-season thug that is completely absent in the playoffs year after year. He gets his numbers when his team gets blown out in the playoffs, and then says nobody else has heart? That's just utter brutality. He's an average player without Jason Kidd feeding him the rock.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:22 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

It's ok pooh....being wrong hurts. We understand.

Maybe Christopher Robin can comfort you back to reality.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:02 PM   #15
poohrichardson

Quote:
It's ok pooh....being wrong hurts. We understand.

Maybe Christopher Robin can comfort you back to reality.

Wow, your absolutely spellbinding contribution to this topic has me amazed.