Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default Its Been awhile for this topic...

I figured its been a couple of months since somebody brought up the Garnett Trade Ideas so what the hell:

Dallas trades:
PF Alan Henderson (3.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.1 minutes)
SG Marquis Daniels (9.6 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 25.9 minutes)
PG Devin Harris (6.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 18.2 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (12.6 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 34.5 minutes)
Dallas receives:
PF Kevin Garnett (23.1 ppg, 14.5 rpg, 6.4 apg in 39.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -9.1 ppg, -2.8 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Minnesota trades:
PF Kevin Garnett (23.1 ppg, 14.5 rpg, 6.4 apg in 39.6 minutes)
Minnesota receives:
PF Alan Henderson (3.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.1 minutes)
SG Marquis Daniels (9.6 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 25.9 minutes)
PG Devin Harris (6.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 18.2 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (12.6 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 34.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +9.1 ppg, +2.8 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Don't really know why Minny would do it except to get younger talent and rebuild, and after E. Johnson, Hudson, Sprewell, and Henderson's contract end in summer of 05 would put them sitting at about 15 million under the cap for 05-06. Unbelievable I know, but they could rebuild with youngsters and than go after a marquee free agent. (numbers might be a little off)

Dallas would do it to get an MVP candidate in Garnett. Terry, Finley, Dirk, Garnett, and Damp with only Stackhouse on the bench doesn't leave very much of a bench. But with that starting 5, I would be okay with Armstrong, Booth, and Bradley picking up the spare minutes.

p.s. I only did this because of Minny's 5 game losing streak. That and I was bored.

p.p.s. Have fun with this thread. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Its Been awhile for this topic...

I wouldn't do it, KG and Dirk play the same position.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Its Been awhile for this topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
I wouldn't do it, KG and Dirk play the same position.
That might be the craziest thing I've ever read on this board. You pass up on a perrenial mvp candidate? I think I'd find a way to get he and Dirk on the floor at the same time...There's only one problem with this proposal - Minn would NEVER do it.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Its Been awhile for this topic...

Quote:
That might be the craziest thing I've ever read on this board. You pass up on a perrenial mvp candidate? I think I'd find a way to get he and Dirk on the floor at the same time...There's only one problem with this proposal - Minn would NEVER do it.
I hope you know i was joking.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #5
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Its Been awhile for this topic...

Now I do. Sorry for being such a literalist.