Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default music legality question...

Weird question, but does anyone know offhand how you can find out what band/artist names have been taken/registered/copyrighted, etc. throughout the years? I'm about to send off a CD of music that I've written to be copyrighted, and then print up some CD artwork booklets and get this thing into 'production', and wanted to make sure the name that I've picked isn't currently being used by a garage band in milwuakee or something...
Old 01-21-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: music legality question...

good question....

though sadly I have no answer...

I am such a failure...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

irontoad, the following website has a pretty extensive list of song names and band names.

AllMusicGuide
Old 01-21-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

My next band will be called:

"Malice in Thunderland"
Old 01-21-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

my brother and I always talked about starting a band...(he is an amazing guitarist) we wanted to call our band "QOS" and then never tell anyone what it meant...........(bring on the guesses)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default RE:music legality question...

Question Outer Space..............?..................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2005, 04:13 PM   #7
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

queers on stage?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #8
XERXES
Diamond Member

question our sexuality?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #9
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
queers on stage?
[img]i/expressions/anim_shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #10
Caliente
Diamond Member

Quicken Our Senses...............?...............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2005, 04:17 PM   #11
Caliente
Diamond Member

Surely not.............................Quiet Our Sound..................?......................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2005, 04:38 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

good try, Cali. No one loves Sexrex.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

lots of self-love for Sexrex. That's one.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #14
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

thanks BBL, that's what I was looking for!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

On a kind-of-related note... when I was in High School I was in a band called.... and this is really bad... but....

Statutory Grape
Old 01-21-2005, 05:00 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #17
Caliente
Diamond Member

Yes...............I remember your logo........................

Old 01-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #18
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
lots of self-love for Sexrex. That's one.
someone's got to carry the torch...
Old 01-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
On a kind-of-related note... when I was in High School I was in a band called.... and this is really bad... but....

Statutory Grape
oh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2005, 05:05 PM   #20
Caliente
Diamond Member

This was u2's sponsor......................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, nice one U2. glad i could be the only one to post anything of value to you, irontoad.

shame on all of you for turning this into shameless self-promotion.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2005, 08:30 PM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought a good band name would be: Silicone Cellphone.

Sike: Quorom of Senators?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:03 AM   #23
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

just don't take "The Wicked Crickets" - that yet to be formed band is going to take the music industry by storm!
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:12 AM   #24
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry toad for highjacking the thread...

To bring it back on topic... the band I was in only played in the garages of the band members so we never had to copyright anything. We did actually record some of the music.... the singer had an 8-track recorder. I never got a copy of that stuff, I wonder if it still exists?

But I think BBL's idea was good. (how was that at bringing it back on-topic?)
Old 01-22-2005, 11:14 AM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

sike - Quality of Service? (I am a techie so that's the first thing that popped into my noggin')
Old 01-22-2005, 04:35 PM   #26
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Queens Of Sacramento
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:47 PM   #27
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo

Statutory Grape
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

You gotta explain how ya'll settled on such a name! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Sorry, irontoad, I don't have any good info on your question. Good luck with your endeavors though!