Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Q-caine strikes again! ! ! ! !

More drug woes for the crackhead QB

ESPN is reporting that Quincy "Qtard" Carter has entered rehab yet again for his undeniable propensity to stuff coke up his nose. What an ignorant tool. All he had to do was not be stupid and just say no. He couldn't say no and he shows again that the Cowboys were completely justified in cutting his crack snorting no intelligence butt. Now the Jets get to do the same thing.

Plus, he is seeking treatment for bipolar disorder. You have to hope he gets help for that, but he deserves no quarter for showing us all why he is known around the forum as Q-caine.

No surprise here though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default RE: Q-caine strikes again! ! ! ! !

Nevermind.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you can find so much pleasure in this.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Q-caine strikes again! ! ! ! !

Doc, come on man. You of all people should know that even though cocaine use is ultimately a choice, the hold that it has on a user is very difficult to break.

Personally, I hope the guy can overcome his drug problems, whether he ever plays football again or not.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:29 PM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

regardless of how you feel about his play, the fact that you seem to take pleasure in this turn of events is a bit troubling.

he obviously has a problem and needs help. lets hope he can overcome this serious disease.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:35 PM   #6
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

doc, have you ever known someone who is bi-polar, if so you'd understand Q's relapses. Hopefully he gets on meds(legal) and stabilizes his disorder, and has as normal of a life as possible.
But now you can really understand why the boys were so quick to cut ties. If his bi-polar disorder was effecting his behavior, then I can understand why you couldn't count on him. (EX: Barret Robbins)
Old 02-07-2005, 12:04 AM   #7
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I think this just illustrates how important it is for us to do everything we can to keep young people from trying this stuff because it is so addictive that trying it one time can ruin their whole lives. As a teacher I constantly worry about the young people I encounter.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The man was given everything he's ever had on a silver platter... from starting as a freshman at Georgia to never really competing for the starting job in Dallas. Getting high was the only thing he ever cared bout.

He's proven what a sorry individual he is. There's no pity here.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:19 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
The man was given everything he's ever had on a silver platter... from starting as a freshman at Georgia to never really competing for the starting job in Dallas. Getting high was the only thing he ever cared bout.

He's proven what a sorry individual he is. There's no pity here.
Exactly. Screw him.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't take any pleasure in his cocaine usage. I hope he gets off of the drug. What a pitiful young man...given everything on a platter and he continues to piss it away. A slightly above average junior at Georgia somehow manages to get drafted in the second round and sign a nice contract......well, sniffs it up his nose.

I hope he figures it out, and I hope he's saved enough money to live the rest of his life. Because if he's weak enough to conitnue with these drug problems, he's probably not strong enough to make it in the real world outside of football if it ever comes to that.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 02:13 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Screw Q-caine. My only concern would be with the welfare of his children. Hasn't it been reported that he is a single dad? Those kids will pay the price of his selfishness and that is patently unfair.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:34 AM   #12
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

this can all be attributed to UGA's coaching staff...they knew he had a problem, so did everyone else in the conference, and they made no attempt to help him. win at all costs...
Old 02-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
this can all be attributed to UGA's coaching staff...they knew he had a problem, so did everyone else in the conference, and they made no attempt to help him. win at all costs...
sigh.....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

There's only one man responsible for Quincy's failure in football and in life... Quincy. It's time to stop making excuses for this man, and stop trying to shift blame to someone else.

He won't get his life on track until he learns to take responsibility for himself. Plus, he need to be able to determine what's right and what's wrong. He's 27 years old now, and he's never been asked to do that. If he hasn't learned now, he'll never learn, IMO. My best guess is that he ends up dead in a dumpster within five years.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:43 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] People have officially lost their mind when they are laughing and taking pleasure at a persons cocaine addiction.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Carter IS ultimately responsible for his cocaine problem, but when I hear Doc saying that "all he had to do was not be stupid and just say no" and I hear Doc, ape, and other reveling in Carter's disgrace and acting as if he should be able to rather easily kick the habit if he would "just take responsibility for himself", it's a bit disturbing. It makes me quite certain that you've never known or been close to anyone that had a cocaine addiction.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to break this to you guys...but if you have a bipolar disorder, your cocaine addiction is perhaps only a secondary problem. I'm not trying the diminish drug abuse....just seperating the big picture from the little one. I don't know if the "numbers" would back me up, but its not surprising to see a bipolar person struggle with addiction. I'm sure addiction's pretty hard for a chemically balanced person, but being bipolar is a living hell all on its own.

Just my 2 cents.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:49 PM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

Come on. Q'car was responsible for getting himself hooked on coke. He hit a low point when he was kicked off the Cowboys, and instead of even trying to climb out of the hole (as difficult as that may have been), he kept on digging. How easy it must have been for him to wag his finger at the Cowboys with implied accusations of racism before going home and snorting up what remained of his signing bonus. Why should I feel sorry for him? He used the Cowboys. He used the fans. He disgraced this organization.

As for bipolar disorder - I call a big fat BULLSHIT on that one. It sounds like another convenient excuse for a man who's built a career out of making excuses. Has anyone ever read anything prior to this about QCar displaying even a hint of moodiness, much less the violent swings associated with a neurological disporter? People on drugs tend to be a bit moody, to you know... and that doesn't make them handicapped. It sounds to me like this is a fabrication intended to buy sympathy from gullible nitwits. Either that or his lawyer is positioning his client for a case of wrongful termination.

I'd like to make a case for "wrongul employment". This peice of trash set this team back years. We deserve an apology. Instead, all we get is excuses. Screw him.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #19
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

In regards to Q-Car setting us back years: It wasn't his fault that Jerry Jones used a second round pick on him when he was projected as a 4th rounder. Not Q-Car's fault that Jerry called him "the best QB not named Mike Vick" in the draft that year.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

yeah right kg....I don't understand the mechanics of drug addicition or bipolar disorder. *sheesh*

Revelling? No. I told you so? Absolutely.

FFM and teh other Q-caine jock strap sniffers filled this forum with so much bullshit about how Qtard would be good and then about how well he would do in New Yoark and then about how he was never really implicated with coke, blah blah blah that a big fat go f*ck yourselves I told you so is absolutely warranted.

Thos of us who understand physical components of addiction, the medical basis of it and the behavioral psychology aspects saw this coming a thousand miles away. Did many listen? Hell no...they rode Qstankys jock because they were too hard headed to admit they were wrong and now the facts are out.

You idiots who rode qcrappy's jock can now wallow in the reality of it all.

There is one dumb ass to blame. Qbust. He ultimately had the choice and bullshit excuses aside....he failed himself, his family, his university, his employers and every fan of the teams he had the unfortunate misfortune to play for. Screw him. He deserves jackshit from us but piss and vitriol.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
yeah right kg....I don't understand the mechanics of drug addicition or bipolar disorder. *sheesh*

FFM and teh other Q-caine jock strap sniffers filled this forum with so much bullshit about how Qtard would be good and then about how well he would do in New Yoark and then about how he was never really implicated with coke, blah blah blah that a big fat go f*ck yourselves I told you so is absolutely warranted.

Thos of us who understand physical components of addiction, the medical basis of it and the behavioral psychology aspects saw this coming a thousand miles away. Did many listen? Hell no...they rode Qstankys jock because they were too hard headed to admit they were wrong and now the facts are out.

You idiots who rode qcrappy's jock can now wallow in the reality of it all.

There is one dumb ass to blame. Qbust. He ultimately had the choice and bullshit excuses aside....he failed himself, his family, his university, his employers and every fan of the teams he had the unfortunate misfortune to play for. Screw him. He deserves jackshit from us but piss and vitriol.

Is it really that serious? Reading your post I wonder what exactly is your goal. What exactly is your motive behind that post? An "I told you so?". I don't recall you telling anyone anything other than your thousands of unfunny Quincy nicknames.

1996-2005
Old 02-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Come on. Q'car was responsible for getting himself hooked on coke. He hit a low point when he was kicked off the Cowboys, and instead of even trying to climb out of the hole (as difficult as that may have been), he kept on digging. How easy it must have been for him to wag his finger at the Cowboys with implied accusations of racism before going home and snorting up what remained of his signing bonus. Why should I feel sorry for him? He used the Cowboys. He used the fans. He disgraced this organization.

As for bipolar disorder - I call a big fat BULLSHIT on that one. It sounds like another convenient excuse for a man who's built a career out of making excuses. Has anyone ever read anything prior to this about QCar displaying even a hint of moodiness, much less the violent swings associated with a neurological disporter? People on drugs tend to be a bit moody, to you know... and that doesn't make them handicapped. It sounds to me like this is a fabrication intended to buy sympathy from gullible nitwits. Either that or his lawyer is positioning his client for a case of wrongful termination.

I'd like to make a case for "wrongul employment". This peice of trash set this team back years. We deserve an apology. Instead, all we get is excuses. Screw him.

How the hell did Quincy set the team years back? What in the hell was Anthony Wright, Clint Stoerner, Ryan Leaf, Chad Hutchinson and Vinny T? Those were all steps foward? Get the hell out of here. Ya'll screamed improvement when Quincy got cut remember? Or did you forget?

1996-2005
Old 02-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #23
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
In regards to Q-Car setting us back years: It wasn't his fault that Jerry Jones used a second round pick on him when he was projected as a 4th rounder. Not Q-Car's fault that Jerry called him "the best QB not named Mike Vick" in the draft that year.
Quincy came out the year Drew Brees did but I get your post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 02-07-2005, 10:48 PM   #24
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] People have officially lost their mind when they are laughing and taking pleasure at a persons cocaine addiction.
It is pretty disturbing. I hated Carter as much as anyone - but only as a football player. I hope he can get his life straightened out because life is more important than football.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #25
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I figure that you do. That's why it surprises me to see you taking such pleasure at Carter's relapse into his drug addiction. If it were so easy for people to kick addictions, we wouldn't have a nation full of addicts.

That doesn't mean people don't ultimately have responsibility for their actions. That doesn't mean we should excuse addicts from remaining addicts. But it does mean we should have some compassion for the person struggling with addiction. I don't think the fact that you didn't like him as a football player or that he made lots of money playing for the Cowboys somehow entitles you to enjoy the man's failure.

Quote:

FFM and teh other Q-caine jock strap sniffers filled this forum with so much bullshit about how Qtard would be good
The "jock strap sniffers" saying Carter would be good has nothing to do with this, nor does this prove, one way or the other, that Carter wasn't good. They are independent subjects.

Quote:
and then about how well he would do in New Yoark
Same as above. The argument was never, "Carter won't do well in New York because he will have a drug relapse." The argument was, "Q-Tard will suck in New York too because he is craptacular."

Or something along those lines.

Quote:
and then about how he was never really implicated with coke
Was he?

Quote:
Thos of us who understand physical components of addiction, the medical basis of it and the behavioral psychology aspects saw this coming a thousand miles away.
You saw a relapse coming? I don't recall you predicting that, but if you did I still wouldn't be all that impressed. There's a reason that rehabilitation and detox programs have "success rates". It's because many people fail at their attempts to break addiction.

Quote:
No one is saying he doesn't deserve the blame for his problems. I haven't made any excuses for him. I'm simply saying that you don't have to enjoy it.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #26
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Quincy came out the year Drew Brees did but I get your post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I remember Brees being in it. I'm just repeating what Jerry said. After the draft, he claimed that Carter was the only QB not named Vick that the Cowboys wanted.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #27
Drbio
Banned

I'll feel however the hell I damn well like about it.

Qshitty is getting what he deserves. The era of political correctness can suck it. Qtard is a crack smoking idiot and he is responsible for his actions period. Many in this forum saw this coming from a mile away. Excuses are just that ......excuses. Screw him.

The only concern now is his kids, but he was too selfish and stupid to even think about that.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:34 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Doc, as you know, I was among those who supported Quincy and thought he had some upside to him. (Though I don't remember ever inhaling the scent of his jock.) A few things:

Q-Car did do fairly well for the Jets this year, didn't he? And for that matter, he did get an NFL job shortly after getting cut by the Cowboys (for drug use, even!), didn't he? Were you among those who claimed he would never make it in the NFL, that he couldn't make a roster besides the Cowboys'?

What exactly are you basing names like "Q-Caine" and "crackhead QB" on? The rumors that were on The Ticket the day he got cut? Some inside info? Is it not completely possible that Q-ganja is smoking big fat ones, like half the NFL and 3/4's of the NBA?

This I know: after the '03 season, Parcells gave Carter several things to work on, including that he add four or five pounds of muscle to his legs. And from what I heard, he did that. How many crackheads do you know who put on ANY weight? Don't they usually lose quite a bit?

I'm just saying, let's not go so far here as to say the guy is five years from a funeral, okay?

Now, as for what Carter did to the organization (or vice versa)...

Some coaches actually believe that you should give a rookie quarterback a little while to learn, especially if he didn't play a ton of college games in a pro-style offense. Not the '01 Cowboys.

Some organizations feel that you can do damage to a young quarterback's confidence if you yank him prematurely. ("Pull Henson at halftime of the Bears game??? They will damage him for life!!"). Unfortunately for Quincy, he was in an organization where the coaching staff had its balls cut off and the owner had a man-crush on Chad Hutchinson, and this is exactly what happened to him in '02.

Witness the timing of his first rehab stint: January '03. If I had been tossed around like the Cowboys tossed him around, I might light up a few, too.

But on the other hand, the second stint did come in the summer of '04, presumably when he was still the proclaimed starter going into the next season. So maybe we can't give him the excuse above. But we do know that he was in good physical shape in the summer of '04, so I highly doubt that he had recently been snorting all his salary up his nose.

Look, I'm disappointed in the guy, too. And seeing how it panned out, I'm glad the Cowboys had the foresight to wash their hands of a potentially damaging situation. But I still maintain that the QB position got worse, not better, the day they cut Carter.

The kid may never play another down, and if he doesn't I won't feel the least bit bad for him. But I don't see him as a vile human being. I see him as a guy who, outside of whatever drug abuse he has been guilty of, made every effort to be a good football player. His best would probably never be enough to satisfy some of our expectations, but he can't be blamed for that.

Oh, and Doc, if your university had written into your contract that they couldn't fire you for drug abuse, but then they did just that (or so you believed), you'd hire a lawyer too.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't buy that he's bipolar for a second. It's the common excuse used by players now whenever they get into trouble...."oh..i'm bipolar, it's not my fault"

I'm not happy that this guys life is falling apart. I don't want to see anyone suffer through problems with drugs/alcohol. But, I do not buy the bipolar bit.

As for the drug use, the guy is in drug rehab again... I cannot for a moment believe that it is marijuana as some have claimed.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #30
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Look, I'm disappointed in the guy, too. And seeing how it panned out, I'm glad the Cowboys had the foresight to wash their hands of a potentially damaging situation. But I still maintain that the QB position got worse, not better, the day they cut Carter.

The kid may never play another down, and if he doesn't I won't feel the least bit bad for him. But I don't see him as a vile human being. I see him as a guy who, outside of whatever drug abuse he has been guilty of, made every effort to be a good football player. His best would probably never be enough to satisfy some of our expectations, but he can't be blamed for that.
The truth.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #31
Drbio
Banned

The truth is he is an idiot for making the choice (no other way to spin in) to use drugs. As a result, it has hurt his family, his employers, fans of football, etc. Screw him.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:15 AM   #32
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Doc, I have not tried to spin anything. I just think you're trivializing the man's problem by making it sound so simple to solve.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:20 AM   #33
Drbio
Banned

And I think he made a selfish conscious choice that tremendously affected many others. It was a choice to start. He wasn't addicted then and even afterwards.....Screw him.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #34
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Putting the bipolar issue aside, I don't think you have to absolve someone of their responsibilities, in order to have empathy for them. Regardless of the circumstances (even though they may be difficult), I don't think it would be the suggestion of any drug counselor to NOT take personal responsibility for your life.

Being an addict (of anything) is certainly nothing to be proud of and it certainly could be said to reflect a certain kind of "weakness". Nobody is making excuses. But you know what? Addicts don't overcome their demons ON THEIR OWN. They need HELP and SUPPORT from others. I hope Quincy Carter receives such help. What's so wrong about hoping another human being gets help and recovers from drug addiction? What does that have to do with FOOTBALL or the Dallas Cowboys?

Sure, its easy to feel compassion for someone that is "worthy" of it. But what about showing mercy and understanding towards someone, even IF you don't think they deserve it? I learned those lessons in Sunday School LONG before I even heard the phrase "political correctness" uttered by anyone. We are not worthy of God's mercy, yet we receive it anyway. Does he expect any less out of us?

And for the record, I know plenty of addicts that also happen to be damn fine human beings. I would probably rather be stuck on an island with a bunch of ex-junkies, than a bunch of a-holes.

OTH, I'm sure there's plenty I could learn out of a textbook about the mechanics of drug addiction.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 02-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Since when did this become an issue of who hopes he doesn't receive treatment? I don't think anyone begrudges him a future road of clean living. Certainly not the a-holes as you put it.

The issue was that he is a dumbass for starting to use drugs in the first and that he pissed away his talent, which was arguably not that great to begin with. He has been so overhyped here that he could do nothing but fail. Many here raised him up as a great player, comparing him to Culpper and others. He couldn't carry Jason Garrett's jock at this point. Talent wise he sucked. He will never amount to anything and his drug addiction just solidifies that fact.

Do not bring political correctness bullshit into the obvious factual statements that were made. Let's recap the original post:

Quote:
ESPN is reporting that Quincy "Qtard" Carter has entered rehab yet again for his undeniable propensity to stuff coke up his nose.
ESPN is reporting it. He has failed another drug test. He will be suspended four games per the league rules. It is coke. I don't think many people seek rehab centers to get off pot.

Quote:
What an ignorant tool.
He IS an ignorant tool.

Quote:
All he had to do was not be stupid and just say no.
Had he said no during the first offering of drugs, he probably wouldn't be in this situation. Not too hard to follow huh? He madea dumbass selfish choice. Period. Now it is harming those around him. That is the definition of selfish stupidity.

Quote:
He couldn't say no and he shows again that the Cowboys were completely justified in cutting his crack snorting no intelligence butt.
I doubt anyone would begrudge the Cowboys now. They made the right choice to cut bait with a dunderpatian crackhead.
*dunderpatian means stupid for FFM and the others who obviously won't know the word*

Quote:
Now the Jets get to do the same thing.
Of course...this is my opinion of what they will do. They are hamstrung by the CBA probably, but I'm sure that no NFL team wants a no-talent, ignorant junkie QB on their roster.

Quote:
Plus, he is seeking treatment for bipolar disorder.
Good that he has sought help I suppose.

Quote:
You have to hope he gets help for that,
You do hope he gets help....WHAT???? That was said in the original post and we all CONVENIENTLY IGNORED IT?????? What a-hole put that in the original post? *Gasp*

Quote:
but he deserves no quarter for showing us all why he is known around the forum as Q-caine.
He deserves no quarter for making a conscious choice to start down the road to drug addiction.

Quote:
No surprise here though.
Even a blind man could see this coming from a hundred miles away.

Screw him.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #36
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I agree completely that whenever Quincy did drugs the first time, it was a terrible choice. I do believe, though, that the NFL (and even moreso, the NBA) is not exactly an environment that treats a drug user like a pariah.

The saddest thing about all of this is the way Carter's career began in the first place. If there indeed were rumors that Quincy used cocaine in college, that makes the Cowboys' reaching for him in the second round all the more horrendous. Especially when you consider that they passed on Randy Moss for similar reasons (perhaps worse, perhaps not so bad, I don't know for sure). One year you take a potential problem guy far higher than you should, one year you let a problem guy with superstar abilities pass you by. The egg is squarely on Jerry Jones face with this one. Thank goodness someone else is doing the drafting these days.

It's a shame Carter didn't get drafted in the third or fourth round, like he was supposed to, and that he didn't get a chance to learn the NFL while carrying a clipboard. Not that he would necessarily have made better decisions in his life, but at least that if he still did what he did, fewer people would hold it against him.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

Professor, I think the overall sentiment of your posts regarding this matter are pretty clear. I really don't understand the hostility, but whatever floats your boat.

Have a good day.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #38
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I agree completely that whenever Quincy did drugs the first time, it was a terrible choice. I do believe, though, that the NFL (and even moreso, the NBA) is not exactly an environment that treats a drug user like a pariah.

The saddest thing about all of this is the way Carter's career began in the first place. If there indeed were rumors that Quincy used cocaine in college, that makes the Cowboys' reaching for him in the second round all the more horrendous. Especially when you consider that they passed on Randy Moss for similar reasons (perhaps worse, perhaps not so bad, I don't know for sure). One year you take a potential problem guy far higher than you should, one year you let a problem guy with superstar abilities pass you by. The egg is squarely on Jerry Jones face with this one. Thank goodness someone else is doing the drafting these days.

It's a shame Carter didn't get drafted in the third or fourth round, like he was supposed to, and that he didn't get a chance to learn the NFL while carrying a clipboard. Not that he would necessarily have made better decisions in his life, but at least that if he still did what he did, fewer people would hold it against him.

Yea I know. If he's a 5th rounder the expectations wouldn't have been so high. We shoudl've never traded our draft picks to get Joey Galloway in the first place.

1996-2005
Old 02-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
It is pretty disturbing. I hated Carter as much as anyone - but only as a football player. I hope he can get his life straightened out because life is more important than football.

Yea I know. It seems Cowboys fans are putting themselves first but there is a human being involved here. It's like laughing or being proud at someone for having HIV. Cocaine addiction is just as much of a disease as HIV.

Not sure what is actually accomplished by saying "I told you so" but I guess whatever makes that person happy.

1996-2005
Old 02-08-2005, 04:56 PM   #40
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

cocaine addiction is not as much a disease as HIV...that is an epidemic, often times people are born with it who have no control over the disease. millions upon millions die from HIV every year. to be addicted to cocaine, you have to start doing it. very poor comparison.