Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-21-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Lakers Agree with Utah for Boozer

Report: Lakers Land Boozer 02/21 -
3:38 PM
Fox Sports Net's Jack Haley is reporting the Lakers will trade Vlade Divac, Caron Butler and Devean George to the Utah Jazz in exchange for big man Carlos Boozer, pending league approval.

Trade rumors swirled around the Lakers all through All-Star Weekend in Denver, particularly forward Lamar Odom. One report Sunday said Odom had been offered to the Kings for All-Star forward Peja Stojakovic. And another said that Odom was dangled to Utah in a Boozer trade.

But the Los Angeles Times reported Monday that the Lakers said Odom had not been discussed in any trade talks.

The NBA's trade deadline is Thursday.

Good trade for LA. They now have a legit power forward even though they lose Butler. If there's truth to Odom for Peja/Jackson, LA will be a better team come end of the year.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lakers Agree with Utah for Boozer

Kobe/Odem/Boozer....not bad

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:46 PM   #3
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Lakers Agree with Utah for Boozer

well atleast boozer gets to a slightly better team: the lakers wont be half bad now
Old 02-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

lets see if Kobe can ruin two more careers...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-21-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

also, this helps because we play Utah in 2 days, and with no boozer, the win will be much easier
Old 02-21-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Great trade for the Lakers

Utah must have really been disappointed with Boozer to let him for for Butler, George's bad contract and Valde's bad back.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #7
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

This might be the trade that keeps the lakers in the playoffs this year. I previously thought that Minny would beat them out for it, but this should put them over the top.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:15 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

how sweet would it be for Minny to miss the playoffs.....

Oh the sad tears KG would cry....thus making me giggle til my eyes bleed

Old 02-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh the sad tears KG would cry
...only if there was a camera around
Old 02-21-2005, 06:13 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Damn. Nice trade for both teams IMO. Lakers didn't really give up much to get Boozer. Butler is still a project that doesn't look to be panning out.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:21 PM   #11
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

At the end of the '06 season, Utah dumps a lot of salary. Looks like the next year and a half will be a rebuilding time. I wonder if Jerry Sloan is interested in staying through it.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

On paper, Kobe/Odom/Boozer sounds pretty good. However, the reality is that the Lakers just added more bad karma to their quickly sinking ship. No team with the traitorous Boozer on it is going to have long-term success.

Mark that down.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:02 PM   #13
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On paper, Kobe/Odom/Boozer sounds pretty good. However, the reality is that the Lakers just added more bad karma to their quickly sinking ship. No team with the traitorous Boozer on it is going to have long-term success.

Mark that down.
The new Karl Malone?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:03 PM   #14
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudamire, Zach Randolph, Pau Gasol, Elton Brand, Chris Webber.

Troy Murphy.

Kenyon Martin.

PJ Brown.

Juwan Howard.

That leaves Seattle and Utah as teams the Lakers will now be able to dominate at the Power Forward position, while they still can barely hold their own against 8-10 teams in the conference.

Great trade, giving up only one promising 3rd year and a solid bench contributor (when healthy), huh?

If they trade away Odom for Peja they will miss the playoffs - not enough balls to share, and not enough scrimmages run together, they are not getting any better with this combo of trades.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudamire, Zach Randolph, Pau Gasol, Elton Brand, Chris Webber.

Troy Murphy.

Kenyon Martin.

PJ Brown.

Juwan Howard.

That leaves Seattle and Utah as teams the Lakers will now be able to dominate at the Power Forward position, while they still can barely hold their own against 8-10 teams in the conference.
Interesting point.

Boozer MIGHT be a better player than about 4 other starting PFs in the West, but he is definitely in the bottom half.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:36 PM   #16
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Has this been made official anywhere? I've yet to see it on ESPN or read it on any websites.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:46 PM   #17
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Has this been made official anywhere? I've yet to see it on ESPN or read it on any websites.

It's pending league approval.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:58 AM   #18
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Reported by Jack Haley (ex NBA-er, now reporter) of Fox Sports in LA. Report said it was pending NBA approval, with NBA offices closed Monday as a holiday. Other reports merely cite that "Fox is reporting" so Haley is the only one that has reported this. Tuesday we learn if he is accurate or not.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:31 AM   #19
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Thanks Pirate. I saw the "pending league approval" note in the article, but usually these things get reported anyway if they are big enough.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:27 AM   #20
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Reports out of Utah today with quotes from the Utah GM say that Haley is completely full of caca. Same thing is being said in LA. It appears that Haley is suffering from Peter Vecsey "who cares if it is accurate as long as I am first" syndrome.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote