Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
reelmaverick

reelmaverick is on a distinguished road
Default don nelson is the sole reason why the mavs are loosing

i hate to say this but the mavs would never win a championship with nelson tak eit or leave it i even prefer our chances with del harris or avery...........i watched the game against the lakers and also followed the one against the clippers there's no way the mavs should have lost yesterday's game we had been in town for like 5 days and the lakers just got back from a road trip and we still got our behind kicked......i aint no ways but there' sno way i would have started bradely yesterday we've been out rebounded in the last two games and nelly has no comment about it, his only reason was cos damp was out.......crap
i noticed yesterday that nellie actually designs play to get stack going yesterday stack took about 2 foolish jumpers early and the funny thing was dirl was actually hot early ......i thot stack was the 6th man nelly should have started quis instead.........and when did quis become our mvp he came of the bench and went 7-18 that 1 more shot than dirk and the only reason dirk had 17 shots at the end was cos he took about 3-5 shot in the last miute or how do u explain him scroing his first points of the 4th quater very very late in the game......nellie is the reason why we loose this days take a que from la or houston whether kobe or mcgrady is hot or not they take shots cos once they get hot they r unstoppable comapre: kobe took 27 shots and dirk took 17 thats 10 less shots ur best player who has had talks of being mvp.........and i woul deven reduce that to like 13 shots cos dirk took like 4 shots in last 1+ minutes thats crazy men stack was shooting bricks all nite good thing he went to the line and nellie need to tell marquis and howard to shoot less may be give howard 8-10 shots a game all the ther shot he gets should be may be in transition or crash the boards marquis should get about 12-15......if we are to go anywhere dirk needs to average like 20-25 shots a game whther he likes it or not we'll beat the rockest on sunday not cos of nellie but cos th eplayers dont want to go 0-3 cuban neeeds to call nellie to order or hire a new coach if the mavs are to take the next step
Old 03-05-2005, 02:42 PM   #2
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road
Default RE:don nelson is the sole reason why the mavs are loosing

I would love to see what you would be saying if the Mavs had won the last three. With your 7th post, you have shown two things. Your another bandwagon kneejerker and you can't spell worth a crap. Now is not the time to be calling for peoples head. We will make the playoffs, and then we will go from there.

It's a long season folks. Calm down, enjoy the games and expect a few losses here and there. All teams lose some they aren't suppose to. We are no different. Chill.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
reelmaverick

oh ma bad....forgot u were supposed to be the spelling guru...............for ur info typo's are unavoidable and u dont proof read ma posts aight!!!!!!!
thank God u said if we had won the last three........see there u go.........i aint no kneejeeker aight thats why u notice i have only 7 posts cos when all the rantings on the board goes on i dont rant with the other guys........
thme mavericks are a better team than last year no matter what anyone says......nash or no nash.......
let me ask a question if the mavs were being coached by lets assume popovich or Brown do u think we would have a better record than we have right now i look at this team and the talent we have just amazes me our bench is about the deepest to the league and we ought to be playing better than we are right now uhhh.....in case u need to know the so called "D" has gone we've given up 100+ in the last couple of games we even struggled to beat the hornets.....okay how do u explain playing small ball when u r being out rebounded........thats crazy men small ball only worked well with nash........terry as much as i love him he's not nash..........yesterday i expected nelly to create more shots for him he's one of our best shooters on that team.........our perimeter game was dead yesterday when fnley is out nelly should still keep stack on the bench and still make him the sixth man start terry at the 2 and devin or armstrong at the 1 ............i'm waiting for agame when terry would drop 30+ he's capable and the 2 position would suite him fine when we need some offense from him...........all these things are the coaches decision but if he stops being the mad scientist that he is and play traditional b-ball may be the mavs might just be that "team"
Old 03-05-2005, 03:49 PM   #4
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road
Default RE: don nelson is the sole reason why the mavs are loosing

You're just completely impossible to understand...
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Razor

Here is reelmaverick's post if the mavs won the last three games.

i aint thik da mavs win all ur time. dol be the ag slle be now. dir kwin shoot ball has neely beat moose. spurs win bot how can lid. I post 8 times now and have ad notin.

All I am saying is if you took the time to actually spell out the words instead of using chatroom slang then people may actually understand your point, and not get frustrated just trying to read the crap you put on our screen.

"for ur info typo's are unavoidable and u dont proof read ma posts aight!!!!!!!"

For your information, typo's are unavoindable and you don't need to proof read my posts, alright!!!

See how much easier that is to understand.

Now how can you say "Nelson is the sole reason why the mavs are loosing"?

The Mavs are a team and they play as a team. You can't pinpoint one reason why the Mavs are losing. It's not like it's Nelson out there missing shots or turning over the ball. Check out Nelsons win/loss stats and then post that crap that Nelson is the main reason we are losing when ever he has more loses than wins. We are on cruise control and will be fine and hopefully healthy for the playoffs. We are the only team that can match up with the spurs now and hopefully we will be hot when the playoffs come. If not, expect to see Avery as head coach at the begining of next year. But to call for Nelson's head now, if throwing in the towel and none of us want to see that.

c wht ur goonna sya bout dat, aight?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #6
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

I got tired-head reading realMavs post. Sorry dude, I tried to get through it all but your writing style makes it hard for the reader.

Try inserting paragraphs and standard punctation.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

What an unfortunate post. First of all it's "losing" not "loosing" unless you are saying Nellie is at fault for making the Mavs uniforms fray or somesuch.

Can people not understand that this team is not healthy? Hello? When they get everyone healthy they will be fine. Book it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Honestly, I hope you're right Dr. Bio. I like Nellie, but circumstances seem to be what they are. We certainly have taken the injuries for granted. Most teams that lose their center in a physical division struggle.. it happened to Sac..Detroit..and Miami for a game or two. I just want to see this team healthy.

Maybe we have to just face facts and realize that it may not happen this year!

RAZOR.. it's not right to bag on somebody for their spelling. We're all Mav fans here, lets treat even the newbies with a degree of dignity...that's his style, his trademark, making this the most entertaining site for Mav fans!
Old 03-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

When spelling interferes with the ability to comprehend a post, I think it's fair to bag on the post.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #10
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Old 03-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

If Nellie is the one who traded for Keith Van Horn then yea he's the sole reason the Mavs are losing.

1996-2005
Old 03-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
If Nellie is the one who traded for Keith Van Horn then yea he's the sole reason the Mavs are losing.
Leading candidate for the 2005 dum f*ck post of the year.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Leading candidate for the 2005 dum f*ck post of the year.
That's about how it goes with you. If anyone doesn't agree with you then it's always dumb.

1996-2005
Old 03-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

No...ignorance of glaringly factual evidence is dumb. I cannot believe how absolutely intent you are on being f*cking stupid.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:22 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
No...ignorance of glaringly factual evidence is dumb. I cannot believe how absolutely intent you are on being f*cking stupid.

1996-2005
Old 03-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Aw...how cute. FFM gets exposed as the forum ignoramus yet again and all he can do is post the same lame picture over and over. How cute. I'm just impressed that he had the ability to find a picture of himself. F*cking moron.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:54 PM   #18
reelmaverick

okay i apologize for using the slang room words, i'm not trying to disrespect anyone but it just makes it faster to post that way but i'll stop from now.
i'm not throwing in the towel or anything , all i'm saying is sometimes the coach needs to make some changes if other things are not working. nelson is a good coach no doubt one of the best but does it strike you that he has never won a ring before.
This does not mean the criteria for being a good coach is winning a ring okay look at greg popovich for example lets compare him to don nelson, its obvious both have different styles of coaching and that the difference between the mavs and the spurs. some may say the mavs have tim duncan but we also have dirk. the last couple of games we've been out rebounded and nelson says its cos damp has been out if i'm to follow his logic that means we would be out rebounded in all our remaining games before damp comes back. despite being outrebounded we've been in those games. what if we actually were not outrebounded or stayed close with the other teams on the boards...........the answer is obvious.
i'm not saying all this because the mavericks are on a two game losing streak, its just some observations i made from the last couple of game
P.S : razor well done like the way made my next post......no love lost alright but watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 12:12 AM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

What is becoming of this forum.... a low-point has been set.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:47 AM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
What is becoming of this forum.... a low-point has been set.
It all started on an unfortunate day in May of 2002.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #21
Razor

I give props to reelmaverick.

I expected a backlash post from him but instead he took the higher road. I admire that.

Let's just say that Nelson and the Mavs win it all this year. Would you still rather have Popovick as our head coach? It seems like the leauge has changed a bit this year making it easier for the high scoring teams. We can all sit here and agrue about how that mavs should play but I don't think it really matters untill we see how the leauge and the refs call the game in the playoffs.

If I had to complain about something that I though affected the Mavs most in a negative way, I would complain about the way the Refs call the game and how inconsistant they are on a regular basis. It makes me sick even if the call is in the Mavs favor.

Quote:
Can people not understand that this team is not healthy? Hello? When they get everyone healthy they will be fine. Book it.
Good quote, sums it up for me too.

Also whats up with all the pictures in this thread? I guess it just shows that when the Mavs lose we are all a bit testy and have bad days. I sleep better at night when the Mavs win. Anyone else notice that?
Old 03-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #22
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

Razor, I spell pretty well. Been on this site quite awhile. Bottom line: 27 years - NO CHAMPIONSHIP.

How many more years, how many more years?

WE may still do OK when everybody is back, but Nelson should be on a short leash. Maybe one more year. That's it. 27 years....