Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Sikeys are HERE!!!

Ok, ok, ok….the Sikeys are here….late as usual…but we don’t mind...and we don't care what you think.

As always, these are awards that our secret voting panel hand out to members based on the last four months…or so…we have six categories…and many members are nominated for each category…but “in the end…there can only be one!”

According to our panel…

“Class act of the quarter”……and the Sikey goes to……….kg the veteran!!! KG is one of our absolute best members and a great mod. Over the last year he has toned down the aggression and let his extensive basketball IQ do all the talking…Congrats KG! KG won this award by a 3-2 margin.

“Most underrated poster of the quarter”…….chumdawg!!!….Over the last month chum has become one of our few “must read” members….his wonderful balance of basketball IQ, amazing wit, and of course a scent that drives the ladies crazy (what?) No longer can we allow this genius be hidden among us…hail him as a master!…or at least as underrated loser no longer. Chum won this award by a 3-2 margin.

“We need more of”…and the Sikey goes to…………AND FOR THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE A DOUBLE WINNER…………LRB AND DJBACKLASH!!!!…..this is an unprecedented action as the voting went 2-2-1…………..wow! LRB has returned from his extreme absence (blame the ball and chain ) and I think we all can agree that we need to hear more from “the creator” (dj) than we do! Congrats to these two worthy members!!! You are now a part of Sikey history…for whatever that’s worth

“Best mod of the Quarter”………and the Sikey goes to…………….U2!!!!! In our first ever unanimous decision U2 received all five votes from our panel!!! With his unwillingness to give established members a free pass on inappropriate content and his willingness to keep the peace…U2 is without a doubt one of our most consistent and useful Mods! I don’t know what MFF is going to do….she is used to winning this award

“Funniest poster of the quarter”……always my favorite award………….and the Sikey goes to……………irontoad!!!! With our panel’s most contested category iron wins by a 2-1-1-1 margin. Toad is without a doubt one of our funniest members and has been especially genius over the last few months….His jokes are thoroughly and thought provokingly funny….congrats to this first time winner and thanks for making us laugh!

“Poster of the Quarter”…the highest honor we hand out four times a year….and the Sikey goes to…………………………chumdawg!!!!! Now even though I personally hate this guy and did all I could to make sure he gets banned from this sacred forum….he won by a 3-2 margin! This double winner has owned the last four months…no longer can he ever be considered underrated as our panel has given him their highest award! Wow, has he ever pulled the wool over our eyes!

Comments, personal votes, disagreements…let us know…even though you are insignificant and you opinion means nothing to us.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Sikeys are HERE!!!

Sweet! At least now when my boss fires me for spending half my work days on D-M.com, I'll have something to show for it.

My own vote for PotQ would have to go to GMC. I feel much more knowledgeable about hoops for having read his analyses.

Can't disagree with anything else, though. Nice to see you back, snowman.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default RE:The Sikeys are HERE!!!

*Holds sikey award aloft and runs around stage, cackling maniacally*

Seriously, thanks dude.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:24 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

to chum: without a doubt C, is our brightest statistical mind. Now if only he were hot! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

to toad: you so make me laugh.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-25-2005, 03:04 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

my heart is broken into shattered pieces of a broken heart.
[img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

DJBACKSLASH? That is hillarious. Shhhhhhh.... I won't tell him you got his screen name wrong.

And thanks again. But again, just so everyone knows.... moderating on this site is not an authoritarian activity. We work as a team on most every decision (all but stupid threads in the General Mav section.... banning idiot trolls [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].... and cleaning up the real offensive language - which has become real active lately). But I humbly accept this honor.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #7
MFFL41

MFFL41 is on a distinguished road

Can I be "the newbie that gets on everyone's nerves" I really would appreciate it.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:36 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

some awards go without saying [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2005, 05:37 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! Oh! Can I make up award so I can win too? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2005, 05:41 PM   #10
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I don't want an award, happy to be the site's official long-haired freakin' hippie

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
I don't want an award, happy to be the site's official long-haired freakin' hippie
sounds a little too close to a back handed award, in my humble opinion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #12
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Oh! Oh! Can I make up award so I can win too? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
For the record - I voted for you.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:41 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I vote EricaLubarsky the "Poster that annoys Murphy the most".

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2005, 05:43 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

What about "The Mod whos never around to Mod.." award? [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:56 AM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LonestarROB
What about "The Mod whos never around to Mod.." award? [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
You wouldn't be a shoe in...Rhylan is on your arse

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2005, 12:54 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

[bump]

because the Mavs just lost game 2 and I need something to keeping me from the ledge.

Old 04-26-2005, 02:05 AM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently considering how much I can get for my Sikey on Ebay.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:41 AM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Sikeys no longer have the charm they used to before(when I won).
Old 04-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Sikeys no longer have the charm they used to before(when I won).
sour grapes....

I'm pretty sure that your Sikey could be bartered for a large bit of yarn or even (if you’re lucky) a talking “eat my shorts” Bart Simpson doll (though one eye will be missing) at the co-op. In other words, “it’s like pure gold”

Old 04-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #20
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I personally feel I was jilted from the 'token fan of a college' award
Old 04-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #21
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Should we really be coveting an award from a guy who refers to himself as five member panel?

What a schizo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:11 AM   #22
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Should we really be coveting an award from a guy who refers to himself as five member panel?
why thank you.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

An special sikey for the most underrated guru: sike.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:28 PM   #24
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
An special sikey for the most underrated guru: sike.
It won't work chiwas. You will not get a Sike by praising Sike.

Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 PM   #25
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

oops- is voting supposed to be anonymous? if so, nevermind the aforementioned statement.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I will never kiss alien butt and therefore, I will never win a sikey. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:42 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

the reasons you will never win a Sikey are clearly understood...unless we give one for "Most attempts to better someone else's joke but failing miserably...and then wetting your pants"...yea...he'd have that one in the bag. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]