Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poll: How will my week go?

Just taking everyone's temperature.

Fess up!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poll: How will my week go?

I went with a split. I'm not quite optimistic enough to believe they can even the series, yet I can't bring myself to believe they'll get swept.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Poll: How will my week go?

You got to believe that they can win the next 2. I know it's hard not to be pessimistic, but I know they can win the next 2. This team just posted a franchise best road record. It won't be easy, but if we win the 1st one, then Houston will have the monkey on their back to close out the series.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

29-12 on the road in this series. Dirk is starting to get his stroke back. Sitting on the bench must have cooled him down. Dirk will score 40 in the next two games as the mavs even the series.

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

mavs have the tools - they just need to start using them like they know how. i'd love to see them jump out early and start playing the game with smiles on their faces. they always play best when they're having fun out there. the mavs win games 3 and 4 to even the series.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:48 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

T-Mac shoots 41% at home and 44.8% on the road. 27.7% from three at home and 36.7% on the road.

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:49 PM   #7
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

Depends on the next game. If the Mavs steal this one, getting the second one isn't out of reach...pure Mavs fan and optimist...I go with 2-0...
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #8
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

These guys have 2 full days to reflect and strategize. I believe this team is tough enough to win the next 2. Besides, this is my first post since the playoffs started... I will bring luck to this franchise.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #9
MFFL41

MFFL41 is on a distinguished road

Nice Stats Erica. Do you have the Yao's as well? Because I just know they aren't a good home team.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yao Ming
+2mpg
+2.1ppg
+1.7% FG
+1.2rpg
+0.4apg
+0.5topg
-0.32bpg
-1.2% FT

a little better at home...more minutes but a little more efficient as well
Old 04-27-2005, 02:06 PM   #11
BigBenito

BigBenito is on a distinguished road

rockets fan here.... hoping for the sweep of mavs, but i expect a split.

if mavs win 2-0, i expect mavs to win in 7. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
BigBenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:08 PM   #12
AnMan21

why is it that every rockets fan prefaces their post with, "rockets fan here"? do they not think it will be obvious upon reading the post?!? i feel like i'm taking crazy pills here!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #13
BigBenito

maybe, because we don't want to be accidentally confused for mavs fan?

i know that thought gives me shivers.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:15 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavs fan here,

Portland 2003:
Game 1 the superstar dominates- W
Game 2 the support player has a nice game along with a decent game by the superstar- W
Game 3 Superstar is dominant again and its a W

Then
the opposing team tightens the screws and wins despite many performances of the superstar and the primary support player.
3 straight games. Series evened at 3-3.

It can and has happened
Old 04-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #15
BigBenito

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Mavs fan here,
lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #16
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Mavs fan here. That's all I have to say about that.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #17
AnMan21

Quote:
Originally posted by: BigBenito

i'm pretty sure you cleared up any confusion with, "i'm hoping for the sweep."
Old 04-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I went for 2-0..faith is cool

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:10 PM   #19
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Gotta be 2-0.
Dallas needs some confidence.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

With the way the Mavs are playing right now I voted 1-1. I doubt they can sweep the Rockets at home but I do think they pull atleast 1.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #21
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Voted 2-0 ... Mavs will rally

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #22
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
T-Mac shoots 41% at home and 44.8% on the road. 27.7% from three at home and 36.7% on the road.
WTF?!?! That doesn't make any sense.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

maybe he doesnt like Houston?
Old 04-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #24
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Generally the Rockets offense isn't as good at home but their defense is better.

Plus wasn't Tmac's 38 second impression of Jesus at Houston?

Mavs continue to play scared - Tmac will still get on a roll and it's over.
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #25
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

The Mavs were so close to evening it up the other night with Dirk and Finley stinking it up. I expect Dirk to turn his game around soon, so I think we have a good shot at going 2-0.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #26
BigBenito

Quote:
Originally posted by: AnMan21
Quote:
Originally posted by: BigBenito

i'm pretty sure you cleared up any confusion with, "i'm hoping for the sweep."
not exactly true. i've read some posts from mavs fans hoping for the sweep, so cuban blows up the team made up of players only going through the motion for the next paycheck.

either way, gl on thursday. i hope it is as exciting as monday (but i think i did lose a couple days of my life from the stress)
Old 04-27-2005, 05:09 PM   #27
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

2-0 Avery gets everything flowing once again.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:32 PM   #28
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary

Fess up!
Hot hot hot. The Mavs win both. The Rockets will implode finally to their real level, while the Mavs will arise from the ashes to their real level.

Did I tell you that Yao is TRASH? (I read it somewhere).
Old 04-27-2005, 05:47 PM   #29
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:

Fess up!
Hot hot hot. The Mavs win both. The Rockets will implode finally to their real level, while the Mavs will arise from the ashes to their real level.

Haha...trash dropped 33 and 8 on the Mavs yesterday, which certainly doesn't say much about us. We'll see how trash fares the rest of the series, good call though sport.

I went with 1-1 as well, I think the Mavs are going to come out and kick some ass on Thursday...really make a statement. But the Rockets will regroup for Game 4. On the other hand I'm hoping for a 2-0 Mavs week just because I think it would be an absolute swift kick to the groin if they didn't do some damage this year in the post-season (especially coming in as a championship contender).
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #30
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Mavs fan here, I love that. Anyway, this was the most confident I have ever had in a Mavs team going into the playoffs. I jinxed them, I'm a pessimist by heart and thinking with this optimism has given them a way to disappoint. So now I'm back in my realm. They will get sweeped and I've thrown out all optimism. Here's to the Mavs showing me wrong like they have done over the past five years.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:38 AM   #31
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I say they can pull off both games, but even if they just take one, I think going 3-0 with 2 home game is still doable.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:56 AM   #32
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

The Mavs will take the next 2 games and destroy the confidence of the Houston.

Dirk will play like a man possessed!!!!

Victory is within our grasp!
toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:18 PM   #33
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

We have 53 freakin' geniuses, 29 non-believers, and 23 absolute dumbasses on this board. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #34
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't vote before the games, so I'm voting now. What, it doesn't matter anymore? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #35
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

That makes you a post-padder. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #36
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
We have 53 freakin' geniuses, 29 non-believers, and 23 absolute dumbasses on this board. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
I'm sure that quite a few of the dumbasses were visitors from the major city to the South of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #37
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:

Fess up!

They imploded.