Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-01-2002, 03:17 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

McGrady, Garnett win NBA Player of Month honors
March 1, 2002

NEW YORK (TICKER) -- Orlando Magic guard Tracy McGrady and Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett on Friday were named the NBA Players of the Month for February.

McGrady took Eastern Conference honors after averaging 26.1 points, 8.7 rebounds, 6.3 assists and 2.4 steals while guiding Orlando to an Atlantic Division-best 8-3 mark.

The All-Star scored 39 points in a 109-100 victory over Houston on February 16 and had his first career triple-double with 22 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists in a 105-87 win over Philadelphia a week later.

Garnett averaged 22.1 points, 11.9 rebounds and 5.0 assists in leading the Timberwolves to an 8-4 mark. Among his highlights was a near triple-double -- 33 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists -- in a 112-101 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday.

Other candidates in the Eastern Conference were Charlotte's Baron Davis, Cleveland's Andre Miller and Lamond Murray, Miami's Eddie Jones, New Jersey's Jason Kidd and Philadelphia's Allen Iverson.

Also considered in the West were Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, Houston's Cuttino Mobley, Seattle's Brent Barry and Utah's Karl Malone.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2002, 03:27 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

kinda average numbers for a player of the month in garnett..i'm willing to bet that there's some players that had "better" months
Old 03-01-2002, 03:32 PM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Dirks numbers for Feb:

Rebounds: 13
At: 3.4
St: 1.4
Bl: 1.1
Mavs go 7-4

Pretty similar numbers to KG. Points a wash, more rebounds, fewer assists.

One of these days Dirk is going to win. He is nominated almost every week, and every month. I know he did wion player of the week once.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:14 PM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Seriously this is getting on my nerves that they just won't give the shit to him, I don't care if they give it too him too much or they feel they have to spread that around but the guy has played better than Garnett this month. I don't want to hear about one or two games that he didn't play well because Garnett has had two games this month that he didn't play well and one game he didn't even play!!! McGrady I can understand but Dirk should have gotten player of the month..
Old 03-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

well,i wouldn't have thought that dirk was even in the running this month..however, he did play better than kg last month
Old 03-01-2002, 04:48 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Once Dirk wins player of the month just once then he's on the list. Once Dirk is on that list of players who have won it - he will win player of the month once a year for most of his career. He's just got to get that first one so he'll have to outplay every one else for the entire month. He should have won in Jan but that ONE game held down his numbers just enough so he wasn't head and shoulders above everyone else.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 06:47 PM   #7
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Jan was a complete a robbery if you ask me. There was NO REASON he should not have. That's what I'm saying that pisses me off. I know what you're saying Murph about you didn't think he was in the running but he played better than KG during the month, that's why he should have gotten it... I don't understand who does this voting..
Old 03-01-2002, 06:49 PM   #8
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Is it a vote? Or does David Stern just pick them?
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:56 AM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I want to know the same thing that Hoopmeister is asking?

Who votes or does Stern pick em?

What else does Dirk have to do?
Old 03-02-2002, 03:33 AM   #10
Zille92

Zille92 is on a distinguished road

<< What else does Dirk have to do? >>

play for an owner not named cuban
Zille92 is offline   Reply With Quote