Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-17-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about
Default KG for ???

I just read the thread on KG for Dirk, and I say no way!!

But would you trade Finley, Terry, and KVH for KG?? I know it's a stretch, but all three of their contracts are up within the next two years, that would be a TON of salary cap room. Plus, they could get rid of Latrell and Cassell !! Just an idea for debating.
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: KG for ???

The question is not whether Dallas would make that trade, but whether McHale would be fired if he even brought up such an idea to Glen Taylor.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about

I hear you, but I have heard that they may start thinking about shopping KG. It's going to be awfully hard to move him with that salary cap and the collective bargaining agreement coming up. Would think that salary cap room may become even MORE valuable in the next couple of years. Also, I'm sure McHale would do just about ANYTHING to get rid of Spree and Sammy!
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

That rumor has been floated for years now. It's not happening.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:35 PM   #5
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

You cant trade 39M in first year salary (Fin, Stack, Terry) for 18M in first year salary (KG). And if, as you seem to think, Taylor doesnt want to pay 18 for a talent like KG and is willing to just give him away (absurd idea, but we are pretending it makes sense), why would he pay 39 for lesser talent?????????????????????
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:KG for ???

If KG is ever traded, which he won't be, it will be to an Eastern Conference team. KG to the Mavs for anything, Dirk included, is a completely ridiculous conception and it will never happen.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:48 AM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Since we are dealing in the world of the hypothetical, then let's pretend that I really wanted to get KG, then I would have to start by mentioning Dirk in the conversation.

The trade to get KG would look like this, KG and Cassel for Dirk and Terry.

Dallas' lineup would look like this:

PG: Harris - Cassel (I would probably start the season with Cassel, but eventually work Harris in as a starter).
SG: Stackhouse - Finley (Fin's evolution as productive sixth-man)
SF: Howard - Daniels
PF: Garnett - Van Horn
C: Dampier - Bradley

The frontline of Howard/Garnett/Dampier would lead the league in blocked shots, and Harris and Stackhouse would be open for 3's all day.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:07 AM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Since we are dealing in the world of the hypothetical, then let's pretend that I really wanted to get KG, then I would have to start by mentioning Dirk in the conversation.
That pretty much sums up the enitire thread right there. Perhaps a better title would've been "Wouldn't it be cool if..." Wouldn't it be cool if we could get KG and keep Dirk at the same time? Wouldn't it be cool if we had Shaq? Wouldn't it be cool if Terry was as good at running an offense as Nash is? Wouldn't it be cool if Finley was young again? Wouldn't it be cool if we had won the championship in 2003? Wouldn't it be cool if Dirk scored 30 points in a playoff game?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
That pretty much sums up the enitire thread right there. Perhaps a better title would've been "Wouldn't it be cool if..." Wouldn't it be cool if we could get KG and keep Dirk at the same time? Wouldn't it be cool if we had Shaq? Wouldn't it be cool if Terry was as good at running an offense as Nash is? Wouldn't it be cool if Finley was young again? Wouldn't it be cool if we had won the championship in 2003? Wouldn't it be cool if Dirk scored 30 points in a playoff game?
I think some trade threads do evolve into a fantasyland discussion of players we covet from other teams.

However, I havve seen some really good posts that at their best make you really ponder the possiblity of getting that player. A good post is contingent upon the realistic approach of the person posting.

Other posts and other threads, not so much.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote